canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:03 pm

Title: Amber Alert update: Girlfriend makes emotional plea to father of two missing Quebec girls
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2020-07-10 22:11:20
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:03 pm

I just knew when I read this last night and uploaded it that it would end horribly and it did. :(

Quote:
The Surete du Quebec (SQ) has confirmed that the bodies found by a search and rescue team in a wooded area of Saint-Apollinaire on Saturday are those of Romy and Norah Carpentier.

An Amber Alert had been issued for Romy, six, and Norah, 11, in Levis, south of Quebec City on Thursday. It was lifted earlier Saturday when the bodies were found. The girls had gone missing along with their father Martin Carpentier, 44, after a crash on Highway 20.

The search continues for the father.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/police-conf ... -1.5017785

What bothered me in the original article and repeated in this update is this:
Quote:
The Sûreté also told CTV that it had received word that a neighbour heard screams in the middle of the night. But police wouldn't confirm if it appears to be related to this case.

Well, obviously it was related...

Edit - I just checked and the original article I linked is now the updated one I referenced above.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:04 pm

What a tragedy, someone's got to swing for twice for that. R=EM

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:03 pm

They will find the father... eventually. I'll bet he's offed himself though. What else would he do after taking out his 2 little girls? There is likely more to the story than what we are hearing so far but all I know is 2 innocent lives were taken away. Such a heartbreak for that family.