Category: Political
Posted By: uwish
Date: 2019-12-12 08:52:32
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:56 am

well, better sooner than waiting for ~ 24 months when the gov falls and then scrambling. I will admit Scheer was never that charismatic and after all the JT gaff's I was a bit surprised by the election outcome. Granted he did win the popular vote.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:06 am

Had to be done. Losing party unity like that, with the Bernier schism, after Harper spent so many years putting it together was a catastrophe. And doing so poorly in suburban Ontario after Doug Ford's huge win a year or so ago was unforgiveable, even moreso when a majority of the provinces have conservative premiers in office right now. Scheer was no where near as bad as a Kim Campbell or Joe Clark in terms of getting his ass kicked but there was no way they could win with him. Even if he really isn't weak the perception that he was is cemented in, and when that happens it's impossible to overcome that image. Onwards, upwards.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:18 am

Two down, three to go.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:21 am

Kinda too bad in a way. This was his first election as leader and he deserved another chance.

But the facts are undeniable. He lost votes in Ontario. Couldn’t hit a try hard like Trudeau harder than he did. And frankly didn’t show Canadians anything new in terms of ideas or policies to contrast them with the Liberals. Just the same old tax cuts and austerity. In a way, it was the same old stagnant policies under Harper that were rejected so roundly four years ago.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:43 am

Well, this changes things . . .

$1:
Andrew Scheer resigns as Conservative leader after new allegation surfaces

Senior Conservatives allege that Scheer used party funds for his children's private school education

Andrew Scheer is stepping down as a Conservative leader.

He announced the decision Thursday morning at a caucus meeting and said he plans to ask the party to immediately begin planning a leadership race to succeed him.

Scheer announced his decision publicly in the House of Commons and pleaded with his party to stay united in the wake of his resignation and what could be a fractious leadership contest.

“Our party is not a cult of personality it is not shaped by whoevers name is on the masthead ,” Scheer said. “My only ask to my fellow Conservatives is this: let’s stay united.”

Sources told the National Post that the resignation was prompted by the revelation that Scheer was using money from the Conservative Party to pay for his children’s private school tuition, which was first reported Thursday morning by Global News

https://nationalpost.com/news/andrew-sc ... ive-leader

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:45 am

And this is why I absolutely refuse to join any party and make donations to them. What a stupid fucking thing to do. :evil:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:47 am

And, he's still an American citizen . . .

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:50 am

Please save us, Peter MacKay? :?

Too bad Michelle Rempel can't speak French. She has more balls than all the males in the CP caucus combined and she'd be about the only one for whom I would have any enthusiasm.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:57 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Well, this changes things . . .
$1:
Andrew Scheer resigns as Conservative leader after new allegation surfaces
Senior Conservatives allege that Scheer used party funds for his children's private school education
Well, it looks like he did his job: assuring us 4 more years of PierreMargot's cum stain.

He deserves a hefty bonus!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:05 am

Thanos Thanos:
Please save us, Peter MacKay? :?

Too bad Michelle Rempel can't speak French. She has more balls than all the males in the CP caucus combined and she'd be about the only one for whom I would have any enthusiasm.

yeah I was thinking that as well, maybe Rona A will make a come back but I don't think she speaks french very well either.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:10 am

Does anybody think that Bernier will be running for the position? :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:34 am

Lisa Raitt would be another choice.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber