You have got to be freaking kidding.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:13 pm

$1:
She was diagnosed as a sexual sadist and narcissist with sociopathic tendencies when she was first sentenced.

Just what New Westminster needs wandering the streets every Thursday between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. PT......I think I'll stay home, thanks....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:38 pm

Hyack Hyack:
$1:
She was diagnosed as a sexual sadist and narcissist with sociopathic tendencies when she was first sentenced.

Just what New Westminster needs wandering the streets every Thursday between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. PT......I think I'll stay home, thanks....

Wow. Unsupervised parole with a conviction and track record like this. 8O It's not a matter of if but of when in her case.

$1:
he confessed to having hanged the dog named Molly in 2009, according to court details. Bourque then cut up the animal and put its head on a stick, while also taking photos and video of the killing. She also took a naked photograph of herself next to Molly's remains.

The family cat, Snowflake, was killed in a similar fashion in 2010.

She admitted to killing a family dog and cat, and allegedly told friends she had fantasized about murdering people.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/animal-killer-kayl ... -1.2765604

Any bets she breaks her parole, again? I wonder when she'll graduate to humans because given her diagnosis and fantasies that's what's coming.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:45 pm

No doubt. But what's the solution? Lock her up forever because she killed animals? Or for the thought crime of wanting to kill people? Her sentence will expire sooner rather than later - keep her in prison until the last minute and her chances are even worse than they are now. I don't think I want to live in a society where we preemptively lock up people, especially for life.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:04 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Any bets she breaks her parole, again? I wonder when she'll graduate to humans because given her diagnosis and fantasies that's what's coming.

Soon, because it's the pattern that all sociopaths of this sort follow. Animals first, a human later. Looks like an inevitability not a what-if with this one.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:23 am

andyt andyt:
No doubt. But what's the solution? Lock her up forever because she killed animals? Or for the thought crime of wanting to kill people? Her sentence will expire sooner rather than later - keep her in prison until the last minute and her chances are even worse than they are now. I don't think I want to live in a society where we preemptively lock up people, especially for life.

Her chances for what? She committed atrocities to animals punishable by a sentence of up to 2 years which means she's being let out way to early for her crime. So, TBH given her mental makeup there'd be no real difference if her sentence was completed or not. We're not talking about someone who goes into prison as a wide eyed innocent and comes out the other end a murderous thug. We're talking about a complete sociopath who's been described as:

$1:
Court decisions related to the case describe Bourque as a sexual sadist with antisocial personality disorder who finds joy in torturing and killing animals. She is an "affectionless psychopath" who isn't able to show affection or concern for others, according to those decisions, and she has expressed no remorse.

So, does that sound like someone who needs more chances? I'm sorry but it sounds like someone who should be locked up to protect society.

This bitch is plain mentally insane and a ticking time bomb. If this was 50 years ago she'd have been sitting in Riverview getting the treatment she needed before being allowed if ever, back on the streets where untreated she's as big a menace to the animals and people of Vancouver as typhoid Mary was to New York.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:07 am

This bitch is plain mentally insane and a ticking time bomb. If this was 50 years ago she'd have been sitting in Riverview getting the treatment she needed before being allowed if ever, back on the streets where untreated she's as big a menace to the animals and people of Vancouver as typhoid Mary was to New York.

She's technically not 'insane'. Quite the opposite, sociopaths and psychopaths are very sane. She just lacks the moral center the rest of us have. Something in her psyche is turned 'off'. She's a 'wolf among lambs'.

If she could keep it under control, she'd probably end up where many psychopaths end up, on the board of some huge company and very rich.

http://www.psychologicalscience.org/ind ... opath.html

http://brainfodder.org/ceo-psychopath/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:57 am

That may be overstating it a bit. Psychopathy runs on a spectrum, and many successful people have some degree of it, but they're not all keeping their urge to torture animals or kill people under control. They just care less about other people, see them more as objects to be manipulated.

I don't think there's any known treatment for this. I doubt if 50 years ago she would have been locked up in Riverview, since we didn't take the torture of animals all that seriously at the time. I'm not aware that we preemptively locked people up at the time either.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:19 am

Sounds like she was already well into the planning stage for killing humans. Now she gets to do recon every Thursday 9am-11am. 8O

Yet like andyt said society does not lock people away for thinking about killing someone.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:19 am

stratos stratos:
Yet like andyt said society does not lock people away for thinking about killing someone.

Hell, sometimes people barely get locked away when the DO kill someone.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:10 pm

andyt andyt:
That may be overstating it a bit. Psychopathy runs on a spectrum, and many successful people have some degree of it, but they're not all keeping their urge to torture animals or kill people under control. They just care less about other people, see them more as objects to be manipulated.

I don't think there's any known treatment for this. I doubt if 50 years ago she would have been locked up in Riverview, since we didn't take the torture of animals all that seriously at the time. I'm not aware that we preemptively locked people up at the time either.

Decades ago Mentally ill people were locked up on involuntary commitment orders all the time whether they'd committed a crime or not. Their families had them committed and authorities like the courts had them committed. All it took was a diagnosis from someone in authority to keep them in an institution.

Was it right to do that. In some cases no, in some cases yes but the fact remains that it did go a long way to protecting society whether we agree with it or not. Now, that we've allegedly become a much kinder society when it comes to dealing with the mentally ill, we've shut down those horrible institutions and put the problems out on the streets. So your claim that she shouldn't be punished for possible crimes is right but only if you can answer me this.

Will she be better off wandering the streets with her current mental condition or would she be better served if she was institutionalised and received proper treatment because I know which one I'd prefer.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:12 pm

$1:

These days that statement could just as easily end with the word, "elected".

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:50 am

Thanos Thanos:

Soon, because it's the pattern that all sociopaths of this sort follow. Animals first, a human later. Looks like an inevitability not a what-if with this one.

Didn't Russell Williams start out the same way?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:59 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
$1:

These days that statement could just as easily end with the word, "elected".

That modified description could apply to the current front runner for the Democratic Nomination for President of the United States.