CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:24 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:48 pm

The Green Party - come on in for the vegan dining experience, stay for the extra anti-Semitism! :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:55 pm

Red Herring. She hung up on Jenica Atwin when she was reaching out for help and cut her off leaving a floor crossing her only option to salvage her career.

She wasn't FORCED to run in a liberal stronghold. She had PLENTY of options. Coming in 4th place is HER fault, not her race or religion.

She also fumbled in not running candidates in all the ridings and made the party a regional party without a region. Meanwhile the Greens are not the only party with an environmental platform anymore. So why even vote green?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:56 pm

Oh and she should have demanded that her staffer retract their comment on Israel immediately. She didn't. That's not leadership that's cowardice.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:29 pm

Scape Scape:
She wasn't FORCED to run in a liberal stronghold. She had PLENTY of options. Coming in 4th place is HER fault, not her race or religion.

She also fumbled in not running candidates in all the ridings and made the party a regional party without a region. Meanwhile the Greens are not the only party with an environmental platform anymore. So why even vote green?

She didn't do any of these things. The Party wouldn't fund the election, or her campaign.

Green Party brass move to block funding for leader Annamie Paul's riding campaign

The smear campaign at the centre of the Green Party debacle

They torpedoed themselves.

And you vote Green because they will actually follow through.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:29 pm

I really don't care anything at all about the Greens. I'm strictly here for the jokes. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:30 pm

Scape Scape:
Oh and she should have demanded that her staffer retract their comment on Israel immediately. She didn't. That's not leadership that's cowardice.

That's also free speech.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:36 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Scape Scape:

That's also free speech.

Message discipline. Her staff speak on her and her parties behalf. Clearly, after the fact she did NOT support that position but the horse was out of the barn at that point. She should have seen how divisive that statement was and fired the staffer/recalled the statement. Instead she let it float like a turd in a swimming pool.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:35 pm

Oh FFS what the Green Party's stand on Israel is doesn't matter for a flying fuck.
No sensible economic plan, an accelerated Climat Plan that would fuck any economy in 10 seconds, not an ounce of leadership shown.
i would remind Ms Paul:
I didn't not vote for Svend Robinson because he was gay
I didn't vote for Emery Barnes because he was black
I didn't support Audrey McLaughlin because she was a woman
And I certainly coldn't give a shit what fucking church you go to. Hopefully NONE!

But that's all I heard from you. Over and over. As if they were "qualifications" for the job. Now fuck off and apply at WalMart or McDonalds, you see,m bitchy enough to make Manager instantly.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:37 pm

^^ This!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:50 pm

The Toronto Star commented on the Greens' circular firing squad, but I'd add a couple of points:

-I've read about how political staffers are not supposed to making the news. Your job is to support the leader and make them look good in the headlines, not capture those headlines yourself. Paul's political staffer screwed up one of the most basic functions of his job, kind of like how Gerald Butts became more and more of a liability for Justin Trudeau until he had to quit.

-What's particularly laughable and/or pathetic about this is that the party tore itself to pieces over something pretty much irrelevant to Canadian politics, namely the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. :|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:54 am

/|\ /|\ /|\
| | |

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:11 am

JaredMilne JaredMilne:
The Toronto Star commented on the Greens' circular firing squad, but I'd add a couple of points:

-I've read about how political staffers are not supposed to making the news. Your job is to support the leader and make them look good in the headlines, not capture those headlines yourself. Paul's political staffer screwed up one of the most basic functions of his job, kind of like how Gerald Butts became more and more of a liability for Justin Trudeau until he had to quit.

-What's particularly laughable and/or pathetic about this is that the party tore itself to pieces over something pretty much irrelevant to Canadian politics, namely the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. :|

I suppose people who become Greens are not typical politicos to start with. It must be a bit like King Arthur trying to keep his subjects in line:

https://youtu.be/t2c-X8HiBng

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:25 pm

Part of the problem was not one goddam reporter from anywhere asked her a single question on a Green issue. They asked the Tool more questions on climate change than all the Greens ever interviewed.