CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:06 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Memorial

:?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:26 am

This is an insult. The kids I can understand not knowing any better, but full grown men? Something is amiss here.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:14 am

Sickening. :cry:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:11 am

I dunno. Kids playing in peace was kind of the point of the war. The people aren't being all somber and solemn about it, but I don't think this is all that terrible. I expected to see people pissing on it or something, like we had in Canada. It's the same as kids climbing on a statue, personally I always thought that was an innocent, happy thing. Not everything about the war has to be grim.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:26 am

andyt wrote:
I dunno. Kids playing in peace was kind of the point of the war. The people aren't being all somber and solemn about it, but I don't think this is all that terrible. I expected to see people pissing on it or something, like we had in Canada. It's the same as kids climbing on a statue, personally I always thought that was an innocent, happy thing. Not everything about the war has to be grim.

Then I guess you won't mind if we set up a water park and dog pissing area on the headstones
of your family members. Just so the kids can have fun, you know.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:28 am

DrCaleb wrote:
Sickening. :cry:

What's sickening is that the designer of the memorial was so intent on creating something 'unique' that it doesn't even vaguely resemble a memorial. In defense of the people cavorting about on the thing it looks like a piece of 'interactive art'.

This is what a war memorial looks like:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:21 am

martin14 wrote:
andyt wrote:

Then I guess you won't mind if we set up a water park and dog pissing area on the headstones
of your family members. Just so the kids can have fun, you know.

Dog pissing area seems a bit gratuitous. Water park sounds alright. My family members liked kids.