CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29203
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:43 am
 


Title: Aurat March: Pakistani women face violent threats ahead of rally
Category: World
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2020-03-07 15:46:07


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 18731
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:43 am
 


So much for what a member of CKA has been saying about how great it is in Pakistan and how wonderful people are treated.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1851
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:38 pm
 


These are real heroes, putting their safety on the line.


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 977
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:39 pm
 


Sunnyways wrote:
These are real heroes, putting their safety on the line.


Nope..They are not putting their safety on the line. No one threatened them on their lives.

They have been doing this march...Did last year as well....It only gained hype this time as verbal fight breaks out b/w feminist Marvi Sarmed and a conservative drama writer KRQ (Khalil ur Rehman Qamar)

Hilarious fight/shouting begins from 0:55 seconds



stratos wrote:
So much for what a member of CKA has been saying about how great it is in Pakistan and how wonderful people are treated.


Unlike Americans, Pakistanis never officially claimed how we ARE THE GREATEST COUNTRY on planet earth :)

Woman has become PM of Pakistan...Americans yet to elect female head.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9322
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:25 pm
 


Fun Fact: This forum is called "Canada Kicks Ass (CKA)"... Not "America Kicks Ass". Please leave your veiled anti-americanism at the door.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1851
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:01 am
 


Fighter wrote:
Sunnyways wrote:
These are real heroes, putting their safety on the line.


Nope..They are not putting their safety on the line. No one threatened them on their lives.

They have been doing this march...Did last year as well....It only gained hype this time as verbal fight breaks out b/w feminist Marvi Sarmed and a conservative drama writer KRQ (Khalil ur Rehman Qamar)

Hilarious fight/shouting begins from 0:55 seconds.


It’s extraordinary to me that you think that given what has gone on in Pakistan over the last twenty years. BTW electing female members of ruling families as heads of government occurs across South Asia and is further evidence of the corrupt oligarchies that run these countries, not female emancipation.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 18731
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:27 am
 


llama66 wrote:
Fun Fact: This forum is called "Canada Kicks Ass (CKA)"... Not "America Kicks Ass". Please leave your veiled anti-americanism at the door.



Thank You


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 18731
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:28 am
 


Fighter wrote:
Sunnyways wrote:
These are real heroes, putting their safety on the line.


Nope..They are not putting their safety on the line. No one threatened them on their lives.

They have been doing this march...Did last year as well....It only gained hype this time as verbal fight breaks out b/w feminist Marvi Sarmed and a conservative drama writer KRQ (Khalil ur Rehman Qamar)

Hilarious fight/shouting begins from 0:55 seconds



stratos wrote:
So much for what a member of CKA has been saying about how great it is in Pakistan and how wonderful people are treated.


Unlike Americans, Pakistanis never officially claimed how we ARE THE GREATEST COUNTRY on planet earth :)

Woman has become PM of Pakistan...Americans yet to elect female head.


Wow so threatening to rape the woman from the last march is perfectly okay to you. Good to know how you think of woman.


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 977
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:09 am
 


llama66 wrote:
Fun Fact: This forum is called "Canada Kicks Ass (CKA)"... Not "America Kicks Ass". Please leave your veiled anti-americanism at the door.


Define Anti Americanism?

Sunnyways wrote:
It’s extraordinary to me that you think that given what has gone on in Pakistan over the last twenty years. BTW electing female members of ruling families as heads of government occurs across South Asia and is further evidence of the corrupt oligarchies that run these countries, not female emancipation.


Benazir may be was part of elite but had life full of troubles....Continuous fighting with dictators, getting his brother and father killed/murdered and facing exile....she was hardly a princess despite being part of well off political family.

I like the fact how you downplay this...she was the FIRST Muslim lady Prime Minister in the world.

stratos wrote:
Wow so threatening to rape the woman from the last march is perfectly okay to you. Good to know how you think of woman.


My mother knows what I think of women....And she is the only person I believe who should know about this...

So, sorry.

Now coming back to topic.....Why Americans haven't yet elected woman as their head?

Why so much hate for hillary?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 18731
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:16 am
 


Quote:
Now coming back to topic.....Why Americans haven't yet elected woman as their head?Why so much hate for hillary?




You might want to read the thread it is NOT about America.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 18731
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:43 am
 


Quote:
Nope..They are not putting their safety on the line. No one threatened them on their lives.


You say this when the original article says the opposite. Thus you imply that it is okay with you for these woman to be threated with rape.

Your deflection trying to put down America is so obvious you were told by another poster to stop. You now are trying to claim that this thread is about America. When in fact it's about Pakistan and the treatment of Woman wanting to assert their rights and the threats that have been made against them.

Your previous statements seem to show an implied condoning of the treatment and threats being made against these woman.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 26048
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:22 pm
 


Fighter wrote:
Now coming back to topic.....Why Americans haven't yet elected woman as their head?


Really? That's the topic now, is it? Gotta love the message-board magic there. I thought the topic was the violent threats Pakistani women who oppose the Pakistani status-quo are getting.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 18731
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:52 pm
 


Sunnyways wrote:
These are real heroes, putting their safety on the line.


I think the term hero is used way to often. In this case YES they are hero's. I hope this years march is twice the size from last year just in defiance of the threats that have been made.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 65077
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:15 pm
 


Video of the violence as reported by an apparent Pakistani news source:



Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 16599
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:25 pm
 


stratos wrote:
Sunnyways wrote:
These are real heroes, putting their safety on the line.


I think the term hero is used way to often. In this case YES they are hero's. I hope this years march is twice the size from last year just in defiance of the threats that have been made.


Agreed. The women marching are very brave to do so. And while large parts of the country are still too backwards, it shows how much progress has been made. A march like this would have been unthinkable a decade ago.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  1  2  3  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DrCaleb and 17 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.