CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:23 pm

Very good, Keith Martin!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:34 pm

Bodah Bodah:
Robair Robair:
The only logical reason I've heard for keeping BC bud illegal, is there is no test for high drivers. If they figure out how to check drivers for THC blood levels I'm all for legalizing and taxing the stuff.

Yeah there is a method all the police officer has to do is walk up to the suspected high driver and say "chips ?"

If he accepts throw his hippy as in jail.

Of course! Sober people hate chips! And only hippies smoke weed... ...why hasn't somebody thought of this before?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:35 pm

Robair Robair:
Prohibition is over, why isn't organized crime still making a killing south of the border selling tax free booze?

Because bootleg booze tastes like crap compared to the stuff that comes from company's who actually care about the quality of the product (not to mention the average joe would be concerned about contamination). The only people who buy the homemade booze are the people who are looking to get buzzed as cheaply as possible. Fortunately those types of people are few in number that bootleg booze is not that lucrative.

Pot would not have the same problem. In fact I've seen plenty of websites that complain that government grown pot is crap compared to stuff you buy on the street. So what makes anyone thinks someone is going to want to pay more for the same stuff (or possibly worse) you can get from the dealers?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:37 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
$1:
He said the bill aims to break the ties between the simple marijuana user and organized crime elements.

This would be achieved, Martin said, by eliminating demand for the product and undermining the financial underpinnings of organized crime in Canada.

Goodness me. Where have I heard those words of wisdom before?

Yeah, and where were you and the rest of your two-faced Liberals when Chretien closed Parliament and killed Keith Martin's decriminalization bill back when he was a Reform MP? Oh I forgot, Martin was trolling with the equivalent of the Nazi party back then wasn't he? It was OK for Liberals back then to be as anti-marijuana use as Richard Nixon was, wasn't it?

nothing but ten pounds of bullshit shoved into a five pound bag, as usual.

edited for unnecessary profanity

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:42 pm

And we're officailly Godwinned.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:43 pm

QBall QBall:
Robair Robair:
Prohibition is over, why isn't organized crime still making a killing south of the border selling tax free booze?

Because bootleg booze tastes like crap compared to the stuff that comes from company's who actually care about the quality of the product (not to mention the average joe would be concerned about contamination). The only people who buy the homemade booze are the people who are looking to get buzzed as cheaply as possible. Fortunately those types of people are few in number that bootleg booze is not that lucrative.

Pot would not have the same problem. In fact I've seen plenty of websites that complain that government grown pot is crap compared to stuff you buy on the street. So what makes anyone thinks someone is going to want to pay more for the same stuff (or possibly worse) you can get from the dealers?
You are confused kind sir.

I'm talking about legalizing what the 'dealers' are doing and taxing them. Much like alchohol, you would be buying pot from "companys who actually care about the quality of the product". :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Thanos Thanos:
DerbyX DerbyX:
$1:
He said the bill aims to break the ties between the simple marijuana user and organized crime elements.

This would be achieved, Martin said, by eliminating demand for the product and undermining the financial underpinnings of organized crime in Canada.

Goodness me. Where have I heard those words of wisdom before?

Yeah, and where were you and the rest of your two-faced Liberals when Chretien closed Parliament and killed Keith Martin's decriminalization bill back when he was a Reform MP? Oh I forgot, Martin was trolling with the equivalent of the Nazi party back then wasn't he? It was OK for Liberals back then to be as anti-marijuana use as Richard Nixon was, wasn't it?

nothing but ten pounds of bullshit shoved into a five pound bag, as usual.

:lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:00 pm

QBall QBall:
Robair Robair:

It would probably work simply for the reason that it would be more accessible and legal of course. I think it would be comparable to bootlegged smokes, ya sure they're cheaper but it's an inconvenience to go through the hassle of buying them.

Last edited by dino_bobba_renno on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:06 pm

Robair Robair:
Mary Jane is not addictive.
Really?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:11 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Robair Robair:
Really?

I'd have to agrue with that as well. :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:46 pm

dino_bobba_renno dino_bobba_renno:
RUEZ RUEZ:
Robair Robair:
Really?

I'd have to agrue with that as well. :lol:

Like anything else. It can be, yeah.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:16 pm

raydan raydan:
Something else I can grow in my garden.

We had Datura growing in the garden a couple of years back.
Never had the guts to try it.

I wouldn't recommend it. It can be deadly, and extremely unpleasant as a hullucinogen. I really don't know why some people are so eager to try it.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:21 pm

Robair Robair:
poquas poquas:
Second I’m certain the organized crime groups will always produce more TAX FREE goods and be competing with the government for all the new addicts who will be attracted to the government approved drugs.

The only logical reason I've heard for keeping BC bud illegal, is there is no test for high drivers. If they figure out how to check drivers for THC blood levels I'm all for legalizing and taxing the stuff.

There is no way to test for a lot of things that people could consume and then drive while high. I don't understand why this keeps getting limited to marijuana. There are over-the-counter drugs that would be far more dangerous to drive under the influence of than marijuana.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:24 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Yeah this is bogus. Right now, pot is available any time of the day or night and its relatively cheap. Hand it over to the government and it'll be hard to find and taxed up the yin-yang. :lol:

I dunno, $60 for 7.5g of plant material seems pretty expensive to me. I think it should be legal to grow your own just like any other plant you might grow in your back yard.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:31 pm

i recognize the government's right and responsibility to regulate and restrict pharmaceutical companies, food producers, snake oil salesmen, and ...yes.....even drug pushing criminals.

But once I take a liking to a drug, then I feel it is totally apropriate for that drug to be legalized because I can not fathom the possibility that I might be wrong for using it.

sincerely,
Aging_Narcicist

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 19  Next