Date: 2020-10-18 19:47:35
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:52 pm

Well, one week to go...

We went to the advance voting on Friday. Quick in-and-out with slightly different procedures.

I didn't really consider voting by mail-in ballot as the window for voting in person in the advanced polls is for an entire week but it seems lots of folks opted for that so actual results will be delayed.
$1:
British Columbia residents won't learn the results of next Saturday's snap election for at least two weeks after polls close thanks to the need to count hundreds of thousands of mail-in ballots by hand.

Officials with Elections BC said more than 700,000 votes have been cast by mail-in ballot, which must be tabulated manually due the timing of the Oct. 24 election. The results that would generally be available hours after the polls close, they added, will be postponed for weeks while the votes are counted.

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/b-c- ... -1.5150400

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:53 pm

That would be me. Both me and my SO voted by mail. Though I didn’t have an issue with going to the polls on Election Day. I for her I’d be in there for less time than going to the grocery store.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:57 am

Mail was super easy. I’ll do it next time pandemic or no.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:08 am

Horgan the hypocrite is still at it. First he demands that the BC Liberals oust Laurie Throness which they do. But, when confronted with the same problem a week later refuses to remove Roy Jones Jr who just happens to be native, even after the Hereditary chiefs demand he be removed. I guess having John Horgan "dissapointed" in is now to be considered a much worse punishment than being ousted from your party and riding like some common criminal.