Title: Bank robber allowed to sue for cruelty in prison
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: Benn
Date: 2011-01-03 09:40:29
Canadian

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:50 am

Scumbag has gotten it far better than he should have. stick him back in the hole!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:58 am

Meh, he might be a scumbag, but he is still entitled to the same right's and protections as anyone else and frankly I'm glad I live in a country where that's the case.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:05 am

0:
violin.gif
violin.gif [ 1.76 KiB | Viewed 261 times ]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:16 am

We don't know WHY he was put in solitary, probably it was for his own protection, considering that he seems to be such a nice guy.

After reading what he did though, this is the type of person that should be put in solitary for life.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:18 am

Unsound Unsound:
Meh, he might be a scumbag, but he is still entitled to the same right's and protections as anyone else and frankly I'm glad I live in a country where that's the case.

R=UP

Treat him fairly. But don't let him out any time soon. If I was running the show, he wouldn't be let out until he turns 65, but would be treated well while inside.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:35 am

$1:
McArthur complains that the confinement was “arbitrary and constituted cruel and unusual punishment.”

He's breaking my fucking heart. Right now, there's a former bank manager with a permanent limp and 2 cops shot in the face along with a litany of other criminal activites and I'm supposed to feel sorry for him?
Fuck him and the liberal types that think pieces of shit like him should be molly coddled cuz it's "humane". :roll:
He lost his humanity YEARS ago and no amount of treating him like a human being is ever going to get it back.
160 criminal convictions isn't exactly a case of someone making a "bad decision" or two.
After shooting two cops, he's lucky ALL he got was solitary :idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:25 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
$1:
McArthur complains that the confinement was “arbitrary and constituted cruel and unusual punishment.”

He's breaking my fucking heart. Right now, there's a former bank manager with a permanent limp and 2 cops shot in the face along with a litany of other criminal activites and I'm supposed to feel sorry for him?
Fuck him and the liberal types that think pieces of shit like him should be molly coddled cuz it's "humane". :roll:
He lost his humanity YEARS ago and no amount of treating him like a human being is ever going to get it back.
160 criminal convictions isn't exactly a case of someone making a "bad decision" or two.
After shooting two cops, he's lucky ALL he got was solitary :idea:

On the face of it it does look like this guy should be given his rights and it speaks well for Canada that that is the case; however it is tough to feel a lot of sympathy for him as I reserve that for his victims.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:29 pm

in the good 'ol days, the warden and a couple guards would help this asshole to 'change his perspective'.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:55 pm

Another one of these Oh prison is suppose to be tough but not that tough lawsuits.

Sounds like something out of Seinfeld.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:43 pm

Screw this guy and his bullshit.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:27 pm

billypilgrim billypilgrim:
in the good 'ol days, the warden and a couple guards would help this asshole to 'change his perspective'.

Where those good days? I seem to remember thinking the guards in the Shawshank Redemption were assholes, not heros.

This prisoner is an asshole and a waste of skin, no doubt, but it's up to the judge to decide how he should be punished. I'm sure Corrections Canada has guidelines and regulations about when and why solitary is to be used, and that's for a reason. If this guys suit has been allowed to proceed as far as it has I have to assume that those guidelines were not followed in this instance.

I understand that guards and the warden may feel a need to exact venegance because this guy hurt other law enforcement officers, but living in a country where the rule of law applies to everyone means they have to be professional and treat this guy just as any other prisoner would be treated. Him being an asshole doesn't make it ok for them to be assholes as well.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:34 pm

We don't care about laws, guidelines, regulations and rights here, Unsound.
We just come here to vent. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:42 pm

$1:
but would be treated well while inside.

Could you please clarify this a little further. I'd like to know how 'well' you think violent criminals should be treated by society.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:09 pm

billypilgrim billypilgrim:

I that they would change his perspective, but they would educate him on the pain his victims families are going through.