bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:08 pm

UBI... Liberals... [laughat] ROTFL

Your shitting me right? Might as well throw electoral reform on that pile.

NOTHING the liberals promise is worth a dam. The only thing on their platform they follow thru on are ideas they steal from the NDP as they know NDP will have no choice but to go along with it.

Why deal with the middle man at this point?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:12 pm

Not this time. UBI is too vital, and will be more and more every year as automation increases. Voting reform is a luxury, something that only gets brought up as each election only confirms how much the country is divided by regions & that's something that could be cured by the parties being national parties again instead of beholden just to regional special interests. A UBI is about survival and COVID showed that there are millions with the water rapidly rising over their heads. The K-shaped "recovery" is already illustrating that things are going to get much, much worse for the forgotten and the thrown-away, no matter how much the elite has managed to prosper over the last 15 months.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:08 pm

I think I’ll vote NDP for the first time since Jack Layton was leader.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:52 am

Thanos Thanos:
A UBI is about survival and COVID showed that there are millions with the water rapidly rising over their heads.

UBI is the worst idea ever, and people (like me) who are at risk of 'having the water go over our heads' are in this situation primarily because of the irresponsible nature of this Liberal government that is spending money like drunken sailors.

If you are going to vote Liberal this time around, you'll end up being part of the problem.

My parents are staunch Liberals, and even they have shaken their heads at Trudeau and want nothing to do with them. Problem is, they'll more than likely vote NDP this time around, because my family has always been left-leaning, the exception being me back when I branched out in 2007 and aligned with the Conservatives.

The mistake I made was voting PPC last time, thinking that Bernier might have been more Conservative than conservatives. Problem is, he turned into a head case very quickly, and didn't even win his own seat, let alone others. I won't make that mistake again.

Same goes with anyone out West voting for that new 'West-first' party that has popped up recently (Maverick?). Dividing the votes for the Right won't solve anything, and whoever thought creating another separatist party was a good idea is nothing but a moron.

-J.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:20 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Thanos Thanos:
A UBI is about survival and COVID showed that there are millions with the water rapidly rising over their heads.

UBI is the worst idea ever, and people (like me) who are at risk of 'having the water go over our heads' are in this situation primarily because of the irresponsible nature of this Liberal government that is spending money like drunken sailors.

You know that UBI actually saves money, right? Eliminating EI, Welfare, Child Care, Child Credit and Basic personal tax exemption and the redundant infrastructures and ministries that oversee them saves far more money than the money costs to administer.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:13 am

You know facts and logic doesn't work on him, right?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:20 am

I know, but they have a chance. Berating people for their lack of knowledge only makes them defensive and unlikely to listen to facts and logic. Educating them might one day work.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:37 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Thanos Thanos:

You know that UBI actually saves money, right? Eliminating EI, Welfare, Child Care, Child Credit and Basic personal tax exemption and the redundant infrastructures and ministries that oversee them saves far more money than the money costs to administer.

You actulally think if UBI was implemented those ministries would magically disappear. Wow.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:42 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

You actulally think if UBI was implemented those ministries would magically disappear. Wow.

What would Employment Insurance or Welfare administrations do when their purpose is moved to another Ministry? Governments are already streamlining things in order to save costs. If the Ministry no longer has a purpose, it will be pruned.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:30 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

What would Employment Insurance or Welfare administrations do when their purpose is moved to another Ministry? Governments are already streamlining things in order to save costs. If the Ministry no longer has a purpose, it will be pruned.

The Liberal government streamlining to save costs? That's like saying I can't swim in the ocean, the sea has covered it with water.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

Warnings: (40%)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:47 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I know, but they have a chance. Berating people for their lack of knowledge only makes them defensive and unlikely to listen to facts and logic. Educating them might one day work.

It won't.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:49 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

The Liberal government streamlining to save costs? That's like saying I can't swim in the ocean, the sea has covered it with water.

And yet, the Federale Liberal government has been pushing ahead since Martin times with moving all IT infrastructure for all Ministries to Service Canada, in order to save money. IT opportunities in Provincial governments; Conservative, Liberal and New Democrat, have also been moving to their provincial equivalents of Service Canada. Contracting out services also has exploded in the last 20 years. All as cost cutting measures.

Facts always trump partisanship.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:50 am

Tricks Tricks:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

It won't.

Probably not. But it's my nature to try.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:08 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

And yet, the Federale Liberal government has been pushing ahead since Martin times with moving all IT infrastructure for all Ministries to Service Canada, in order to save money. IT opportunities in Provincial governments; Conservative, Liberal and New Democrat, have also been moving to their provincial equivalents of Service Canada. Contracting out services also has exploded in the last 20 years. All as cost cutting measures.

Facts always trump partisanship.

Partisanship ahs nothing to do with it. Meanwhile a pay boost for 10,000 bureaucrats. Lets save some money. ROTFL

https://nationalpost.com/news/liberals- ... s-to-swell

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:27 am

herbie herbie:
FFS it's not just OToole. Our local MP is still touting anti-immigrant, defecit warnings and the incessant crime bullshit as usual.
Not a fucking mention about climate or environment in any of his newsletters, ever.
The forests are burning, the mills are shut down, but there's mountains of sawed lumber you can't afford (as lumber companies learn from Big Oil how to manipulate the market), the crops are dying of drought and store shelves half empty. The fucking SaveOn here looks like the GUM dept. store in Soviet Russia, they're digging bodies out of school yards and people think that replacing the gov't because it didn't do the best job with one that couldn't even start to even think about real problems is the solution?

Yep, my Con MP does the same.

I just fill out the mini-survey on the back and send it back with everything checked the opposite of what they want to hear. :lol:

I'll be voting ABC as usual, with luck I'll get some crazy ass (non-conservative) candidate to waste my vote on.