Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:34 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

The Liberal government streamlining to save costs? That's like saying I can't swim in the ocean, the sea has covered it with water.

And yet, the Federale Liberal government has been pushing ahead since Martin times with moving all IT infrastructure for all Ministries to Service Canada, in order to save money. IT opportunities in Provincial governments; Conservative, Liberal and New Democrat, have also been moving to their provincial equivalents of Service Canada. Contracting out services also has exploded in the last 20 years. All as cost cutting measures.

Facts always trump partisanship.

Partisanship ahs nothing to do with it. Meanwhile a pay boost for 10,000 bureaucrats. Lets save some money. ROTFL

https://nationalpost.com/news/liberals- ... s-to-swell

Keep telling yourself that when you start sentences "The Liberal Government" you aren't partisan. :lol:

And given my posting history, did you expect me to agree with that article? [huh]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:17 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Keep telling yourself that when you start sentences "The Liberal Government" you aren't partisan. :lol:

And given my posting history, did you expect me to agree with that article? [huh]

So if I started with The Conservative..... would that make you happy.
Whether or not you agree with the article is irrelevant. All governments have bloated bureaucracies. The fact that you defend the Liberals shows your own partisanship. :D

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:27 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

So if I started with The Conservative..... would that make you happy.

Still partisan. I was neither happy nor sad at it, it's just a fact.

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Whether or not you agree with the article is irrelevant. All governments have bloated bureaucracies. The fact that you defend the Liberals shows your own partisanship. :D

If you didn't post the article to get me to show you an opinion, why post it? I was arguing that governments shut down Ministries that no longer matter. All government. That I also mentioned Conservative and NDP governments somehow slipped passed you, and you only see 'Liberal'. And that article did nothing to support your opinion that orphaned Ministries wouldn't get pruned.

And what exactly was I defending about the Liberal Government? [huh]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:30 pm

Honestly, the way the conservatives are "running" things in Ontario and Alberta, and the issues O'Toole is choosing to champion, I'd be shocked if they ever form government again. Whether some of you like or not, the average Canadian is moving left in their beliefs, whereas the Conservatives are turning harder to the right.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:40 pm

I can only hope that the Rhino party will get involved in this election, because I don't see any other party I want to vote for.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:42 pm

Can't go wrong with Rhino.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:56 pm

Vote for the Llama King Party. I'll be a totalitarian dictator, but at least I'll be upfront about it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:46 pm

llama66 llama66:
Honestly, the way the conservatives are "running" things in Ontario and Alberta, and the issues O'Toole is choosing to champion, I'd be shocked if they ever form government again. Whether some of you like or not, the average Canadian is moving left in their beliefs, whereas the Conservatives are turning harder to the right.

Nobody's "moving left", it's just the right bawling so much louder that things like public health, unemployment insurance, work benefits that everyone in the center agrees with are "left".
Basically absolutely anything anyone anywhere but the USA expects of their tax dollars is bad mmmkay?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:51 pm

Yeah, I think the current Liberal government is kind of uninspired. The Conservatives are not ready for Prime Time. I'll have to take a look at the NDP platform, but to be honest, this doesn't strike me as the right time to elect a Big Spend party.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:19 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
I'll have to take a look at the NDP platform, but to be honest, this doesn't strike me as the right time to re-elect a Big Spend party.

;)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:21 pm

All this talk of Rhino and none of the above is fine and all but who would be the better choice?

I would love to see Lester Person run again but that just isn't in the cards. As much as we love to point fingers and adhere to our favorite conspiracies the fact is everyone's feet is made of clay here. We have to make due with what we have but also start seriously looking at what a real leader is otherwise we are going to end up with endless versions of O'toole and Trudeau and worse Maxime Bernier. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:35 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
I'll be voting ABC as usual, with luck I'll get some crazy ass (non-conservative) candidate to waste my vote on.

I wish I'd followed your teachings about ten years ago, rabbi, to help me discover wisdom and humility that much sooner. All I know now is that, in Alberta anyway, by not voting conservative anymore I actually feel clean again. :|

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Yeah, I think the current Liberal government is kind of uninspired. The Conservatives are not ready for Prime Time. I'll have to take a look at the NDP platform, but to be honest, this doesn't strike me as the right time to elect a Big Spend party.

There is also NEVER a time to vote in any party with a cut, gouge, shut down, and impose austerity agenda. That's because austerity causes nothing but destruction, and it's factually proven everywhere it's implemented. The corporate cronyism never stops during those periods either. The politicians merely hammer down harder on the little guys, to the joyous applause of the knuckle-draggers and sadists who get off on seeing others being hurt. But it's still the same old party-time as usual with their executive friends and buddies from the commerce & economics faculties from some right-wing university.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:52 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Can't go wrong with Rhino.

Or giant meteor

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:56 pm