canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:42 pm

Title: Becoming disabled by choice,: �Transabled� people feel like impostors in their fully working bodies
Category: lifestyle
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2015-06-03 20:38:51
Canadian

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:42 pm

This is a joke right?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:47 pm

It's funny. I started hearing about it in American media. They kept on referencing the National Post in Canada, so I checked it out, and sure enough, there it was.

Now I know the NP has swung hard left and they're all about pimping themselves some Thomas Mulcair now, but have they gone the full Onion? I don't know.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:06 pm

I remember seeing a story about a guy in England who built a rig with a fire axe so he could chop his arm off. Needless to say it didnt work very well and ended up having to finish the job with a butcher knife, he nearly passed out from the pain when he had to sever the nerve. He fully regrets what he did because he now has chronic pain in his stump.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:52 pm

Friggin' spare me. Sounds like a bunch of lazy shits who don't want to have to work the rest of their lives and will go to extremes to make sure they don't have to. Hell, I've even run across the odd person over the years who was intentionally trying to make themselves obese in an attempt to qualify for disability.

I dunno, maybe they have some messed up impression that being on disability is living the good life or something.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:55 pm

No this is totally a brain malfunction, nobody rational person is so desperate to avoid work that they would amputate a limb.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:41 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
No this is totally a brain malfunction, nobody rational person is so desperate to avoid work that they would amputate a limb.

You fail to grasp the depths of some people's minds. By ex-BIL was the union steward at the old Champion plant in Goderich before Volvo bought it out. You knew when bass fishing season was coming up because he'd have a broken leg or a missing finger. By the time I divorced my ex-hag, he was down to seven fingers, all of the missing ones were "accidentally" lost at work. All so he could collect comp during bass season.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:50 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

You fail to grasp the depths of some people's minds. By ex-BIL was the union steward at the old Champion plant in Goderich before Volvo bought it out. You knew when bass fishing season was coming up because he'd have a broken leg or a missing finger. By the time I divorced my ex-hag, he was down to seven fingers, all of the missing ones were "accidentally" lost at work. All so he could collect comp during bass season.

True enough. I remember a young private in the army who didn't want to go on a training exercise got his foot "accidentally" ran over by an armoured vehicle. :lol:

He missed only a couple days, and they sent him out to be a permanent "pot walloper" in our field kitchen. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:32 am

Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:
This is a joke right?

Sadly, it's not.

The human brain is a weird thing...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:12 am

Brenda Brenda:
Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:
This is a joke right?

Sadly, it's not.

The human brain is a weird thing...

Agreed. Just a slight chemical imbalance and person can seem utterly nuts yet with a slight change in the imbalance and the same person is fine. Amazes me to this day how the brain works.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:20 am

It sounds sort of like Capgras syndrome of your own body.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:30 am

I guess its a mutated version of the old "my back is too sore to come in today"..
Cutting off parts to purposely become disabled should be more appropriately called....mentally retarded!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:36 am

andyt andyt:
It sounds sort of like Capgras syndrome of your own body.

BODY SNATCHERS!!!!!!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:36 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Now I know the NP has swung hard left and they're all about pimping themselves some Thomas Mulcair now, but have they gone the full Onion? I don't know.

Let's test that theory and see who they endorse in October.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:37 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
Hell, I've even run across the odd person over the years who was intentionally trying to make themselves obese in an attempt to qualify for disability.

That was a Simpsons episode dumbass. :lol: