bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:24 am

BlackBerry Misses Sales Estimates; Stops Making Smartphones

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-28/blackberry-misses-sales-estimates-amid-slowing-software-growth

My first smartphone was a BlackBerry because of the hardware.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:25 am

http://www.canadaka.net/link.php?id=98540
8)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:58 am

Bloomberg is better. :P

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:32 am

BRAH BRAH:

The same way a full diaper is better than an empty one. :P

Sad ending to a great company. I might try trading my Z30 in for a Passport. After it dies, there will be no worthy phones to buy. (that don't endlessly spy on you)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:58 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BRAH BRAH:

Sad ending to a great company. I might try trading my Z30 in for a Passport. After it dies, there will be no worthy phones to buy. (that don't endlessly spy on you)

I still have my BlackBerry's up to the 9900. I tried the Z10, Q10 those failed so I went to IPhone and then Android. The Classic was their last shot at trying to recapture what they once were. I could update to one but it's probably like buying a Saab, a great product with no support.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:34 am

BRAH BRAH:
I still have my BlackBerry's up to the 9900. I tried the Z10, Q10 those failed so I went to IPhone and then Android. The Classic was their last shot at trying to recapture what they once were. I could update to one but it's probably like buying a Saab, a great product with no support.

Right now, I have a Z10 and a Z30. Love them. A friend bought a Priv, and it's crap. Like, cheaply made plastic crap from the dollar store.

A colleague has a Passport, and its miles ahead in build quality and battery life.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:43 am

My first BB was great. Rest have been garbage. Should have never got into the touch screen game.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:38 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BRAH BRAH:

Right now, I have a Z10 and a Z30. Love them. A friend bought a Priv, and it's crap. Like, cheaply made plastic crap from the dollar store.

A colleague has a Passport, and its miles ahead in build quality and battery life.

I forgot the Passport, I've held it and the size seems awkward as for the build quality it's good as the Classic if not better.

$1:
#BlackBerry-branded devices with our secure #software will continue to be available through many channels, including http://ShopBlackBerry.com

https://twitter.com/BlackBerry/status/781193119433912320

No longer making phones in-house will let us focus on security #software for devices & the #EnterpriseOfThings

https://twitter.com/BlackBerry/status/781174315937042432

Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:
My first BB was great. Rest have been garbage. Should have never got into the touch screen game.

Agreed they probably shouldn't have gotten into the Playbook too though I still have mine and it's good so who knows.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:05 am

BRAH BRAH:

Agreed they probably shouldn't have gotten into the Playbook too though I still have mine and it's good so who knows.

The Playbook was a very underrated tablet!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:43 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BRAH BRAH:

The Playbook was a very underrated tablet!

The Playbook is good but they dropped the ball via the pricing and marketing like they weren't ready to support it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:30 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BRAH BRAH:

Maybe Canonical will be worthy of a look with an ubuntu phone by then.