canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

Title: Boy accidentally shot to death near Grande Cache, Alta.
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2015-08-25 20:55:55
Canadian

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

"Every gun is loaded." If I had a dime for every time I heard my dad say that growing up, I could retire already.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:10 am

$1:

A boy has died after the firearm he and his brother were playing with accidentally was fired at the family home near Grande Cache, Alta.

First off, kudos to the reporter who wrote this for getting it right. The firearm was accidentally fired, it didn't just magically 'go off'.

Second, WTF is with whoever left a loaded and chambered weapon around children who were not instructed on how to handle the weapon? That's just nuts and now that person has a dead child on their conscience.

:|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:13 am

I was always taught as a child that guns are not toys. It still pisses me off when the neighbourhood untamed child creatures point toy guns at me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:21 am

Robair Robair:
"Every gun is loaded." If I had a dime for every time I heard my dad say that growing up, I could retire already.

This.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:36 am

How sad. :(

This situation happens too often that a child accidentally kills another child with a weapon they should not have had easy access to. A completely preventable tragedy.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:23 am

I just hate it when my gun cabinet magically pops open, cable lock falls off (yes I cable lock already locked up weapons) and rounds and bolts that are stored in the opposite side of the house load themselves into the rifle.

If this is rural property aren't certain residences like farms allowed one unlocked firearm handy? The idea for it to be ready in case you need to shoot whatever is attacking your livestock? Pretty sure there is something like this, my farmer friend, in Manitoba, was explaining this.

If so might explain why it was unlocked. That said, saving a few livestock or protecting a child, you're call I guess.