canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Fatally shot in the head apparently, although the initial information is still not complete:

$1:
Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was fatally shot in the head at close range by a gunman Saturday morning outside a grocery store in Tucson while holding a public event, Fox News has confirmed.

Eight others were shot, including three of the Arizona Democrat's aides, at Giffords' "Your Corner" event held at a Safeway grocery story. A suspect is in custody.

The three staffers who were shot worked out of Giffords' Arizona office.

Giffords has held multiple "Your Corner" events over the past four years, the aide told Fox News, adding that she had held three previous events that this venue before.

In November, Giffords was re-elected to her third term as representative of Arizona's 8th Congressional District. She is married to astronaut Mark Kelly.

No comment from me until more information is made public.

Last edited by Thanos on Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:16 pm

It seems she's not dead and that she is in a OR.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:18 pm

That's what I've read too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:26 pm

It's being reported now that the congresswoman has died.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:34 pm

Hopefully, this act of terrorism will finally wake Americans up to the dangers of the overheated rhetoric that's been SOP for the last few years.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:38 pm

Doubtful. This is probably just the first shot in a deliberately-designed campaign that was orchestrated to produce exactly this kind of result. The fuckers finally got the 'Second Amendment remedy' that they've wanted from the beginning.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:40 pm

I hope not. This could well be that this finally slaps Americans back to reality that rhetoric like the below example are unacceptable political discourse.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:42 pm

Follow Sully's ongoing analysis here and here. He doesn't fuck around with his end of the business so what he has is most likely the most accurate.

Also, apparently Palin's people yanked that graphic as fast as they could off of all their internet sites as soon as the news broke. They're probably counting on the 30-second attention span of their disgusting followers to do the work for them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:48 pm

wow, there isn't a /facepalm good enough for this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:52 pm

Looks like a Federal judge who had been receiving death threat was also assassinated at this event.

Note: I changed the topic title from "assassination" until more confirmation comes in.

Local Tucson hosptial apparently reported that one of the other dead was a 9-year-old girl. Obviously another Big Government Enemy Of Freedom though.

Last edited by Thanos on Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:09 pm

Her office was vandalized immediately after she voted for the health care bill. Also, someone was arrested for threatening to blow up Pelosi's house for her vote. Some sick fuckers in the US. People like this can say nothing about Muslim terror, because they are just as bad.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:23 pm

The shooter is only 22yo. I'm not so sure it was politically motivated.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:25 pm

Proculation Proculation:

We don't know, but I'm not sure what age has to do with it. In fact it's often the young hotheads who act out. Look at the protesters you all like to denigrate so much, they're mostly young kids.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:28 pm

andyt andyt:
Proculation Proculation:

We don't know, but I'm not sure what age has to do with it. In fact it's often the young hotheads who act out. Look at the protesters you all like to denigrate so much, they're mostly young kids.

That's my point. A 22yo Republican extremist is much rarer than a 22yo tree-hugger.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:32 pm

It's usually the young idiots who do the dirty work while the poisonous old toads who stirred them up sit in the background, either residing in a Himalayan cave somewhere or in a luxury penthouse collecting a $58 million a year salary for their talk-radio show.

EDIT: they're now saying the 9-year-old that was killed was a boy, not a girl.

Last edited by Thanos on Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.