CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28811
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:21 pm
 


Title: Brian Whitlock charged with killing his mother
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: Freakinoldguy
Date: 2014-11-10 17:17:46
Canadian


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33492
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:21 pm
 


Another tragedy from lack of sufficient mental health care.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13689
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:21 pm
 


This is another giant failure of our justice and mental health systems. This schizophrenic clown beat his dog "Captain" to death did time and then was released into society where he killed his mother. So here's the question. Who the fuck is going to take responsibility for him being released into society basically unsupervised and is this the type of supposedly proper supervision we can expect for Schoenborn and Li when they're released because, if it is we're in big trouble?


Last edited by Freakinoldguy on Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9050
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:24 pm
 


No one. And they'll cut support services even further and we'll put up with that too. Don't even have to go out for coffee in this day and age, we can do nothing but bitch without even leaving home.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33492
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:27 pm
 


herbie wrote:
No one. And they'll cut support services even further and we'll put up with that too. Don't even have to go out for coffee in this day and age, we can do nothing but bitch without even leaving home.


Well we have to cut back, we're all paying too much in taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxes.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33492
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:28 pm
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
This is another giant failure of our justice and mental health systems. This schizophrenic clown beat his dog "Captain" to death did time and then was released into society where he killed his mother. So here's the question. Who the fuck is going to take responsibility for him being released into society basically unsupervised and is this the type of supposedly proper supervision we can expect for Schoenborn and Li when they're released because, if it is we're in big trouble?


Don't forget Magnotta. He's making a good case for being psychotic as well. And of course he is, what sane person does what he did. Doesn't mean he should be released into society with a handful of pills and good luck.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13689
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:30 pm
 


herbie wrote:
No one. And they'll cut support services even further and we'll put up with that too. Don't even have to go out for coffee in this day and age, we can do nothing but bitch without even leaving home.


And there's the problem. In our society "someone else" is responsible for everything. Commit a crime, not my fault, act like an asshole, not my fault, let maniacs and murderers loose in the streets, not my fault.

We should just rename the country "not my fault" and be done with it since no one has the balls anymore to take responsibility for their own actions.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13689
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:36 pm
 


andyt wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:
This is another giant failure of our justice and mental health systems. This schizophrenic clown beat his dog "Captain" to death did time and then was released into society where he killed his mother. So here's the question. Who the fuck is going to take responsibility for him being released into society basically unsupervised and is this the type of supposedly proper supervision we can expect for Schoenborn and Li when they're released because, if it is we're in big trouble?


Don't forget Magnotta. He's making a good case for being psychotic as well. And of course he is, what sane person does what he did. Doesn't mean he should be released into society with a handful of pills and good luck.


Yup he's a classic case. Kill and tortures cat then moves up to humans. To bad some dipshit with a degree who in reality should probably be digging ditches is gonna say he's perfectly safe as long as he takes his meds and then, because it costs money to keep him incarcerated, they'll release him with like you say that handful of pills, no mandatory safety net to keep the rest of us safe and a pat on the back. :roll:

The system is broken beyond repair and when the Provincial Gov't here decided to shut down the institutes so they could "integrate" the inmates into society (which is double speak for save a buck)they released the Kraken on the rest of society.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33492
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:44 pm
 


That was the NDP, part of a wave that swept North America. It was a good idea, but only if carried out properly - ie replace the big hospitals with group homes where the mentally ill could be closer to the community and live half normal lives. We were in the process of starting one when the city decided they didn't want the nuts in their neighborhood, refused to rezone, even tho we already had some of these residents. So I was managing a home with very little staff, no nursing staff as these people paid what they could on welfare. We had some exiting times, including two suicides, but the women working for me were amazing in keeping things more or less in control. Of course there was no money in it with the govt not paying what the would have in a proper care home.

Anyway, the Libs just kept cutting.

But, people like Magnotta are a different kettle of fish - they're in forensic institutions and need to be kept there for a good long time. The problem with Whitlock is that killing dogs is no big deal in our society, so they really have no real hold on him until he killed somebody.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9050
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:42 am
 


I they'd only executed him for beating his dog, he wouldn't be scot-free to kill his mum!
Or is that if dogs had the right to own a 44 Magnum?


Offline
News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 19516

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:43 pm
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
herbie wrote:
No one. And they'll cut support services even further and we'll put up with that too. Don't even have to go out for coffee in this day and age, we can do nothing but bitch without even leaving home.


And there's the problem. In our society "someone else" is responsible for everything. Commit a crime, not my fault, act like an asshole, not my fault, let maniacs and murderers loose in the streets, not my fault.

We should just rename the country "not my fault" and be done with it since no one has the balls anymore to take responsibility for their own actions.

R=UP

We've created this society through coddling and wanting everything to be easier for our children. Well, congratulations. Not only is everything disgustingly "easy", but no on is accountable for anything, because we can't damage anyone's ego or self esteem. :roll:

As hard as things were even 40 years ago, and everyone complains that elders were far too harsh, I can't help but think ever so fondly of the old saying, "Spare the rod, spoil the child". I think we need to find that rod (in moderation) again. FAST.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13689
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:43 pm
 


herbie wrote:
I they'd only executed him for beating his dog, he wouldn't be scot-free to kill his mum!
Or is that if dogs had the right to own a 44 Magnum?




Now that's an intelligent addendum to the conversation. :P

How about reading this gem before making slight of this clown with his anger and mental health issues.

Quote:
Man accused of murder deemed low risk for further violence after brutally beating dog with baseball bat


http://www.vancouversun.com/news/accuse ... story.html


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33492
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:55 pm
 


wildrosegirl wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:
herbie wrote:
No one. And they'll cut support services even further and we'll put up with that too. Don't even have to go out for coffee in this day and age, we can do nothing but bitch without even leaving home.


And there's the problem. In our society "someone else" is responsible for everything. Commit a crime, not my fault, act like an asshole, not my fault, let maniacs and murderers loose in the streets, not my fault.

We should just rename the country "not my fault" and be done with it since no one has the balls anymore to take responsibility for their own actions.

R=UP

We've created this society through coddling and wanting everything to be easier for our children. Well, congratulations. Not only is everything disgustingly "easy", but no on is accountable for anything, because we can't damage anyone's ego or self esteem. :roll:

As hard as things were even 40 years ago, and everyone complains that elders were far too harsh, I can't help but think ever so fondly of the old saying, "Spare the rod, spoil the child". I think we need to find that rod (in moderation) again. FAST.



So you've found the cure for schizophrenia, and it's lots of being spanked as a child? You should send in your findings to the CPA. I'm sure they'd publish your result and it would cause a real paradigm shift in psychiatry - the answer to curing mental illness is spanking. If that doesn't work, let's try insulin shock, psychic driving, or hydrotherapy.

Or are you talking about spanking the politicians who don't want to fund mental illness. The ones that keep getting elected by keeping taxes low? What's a little collateral damage if you get to keep more of your hard earned money to spend on Chinese crap? The electorate doesn't seem in any mood to spank those pols - vis Ford Nation.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 168
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:02 am
 


Un-believable how much mental illness in this country. It is truly sad, how often it turned up as murder in the last few months.

sad


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.