CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:27 pm

[quote="OnTheIce

Again, you don't know who the victim is.

Your questions are based on a made-up scenarios, your opinion of what you might have seen in a video.

When you pose a question based on fact, I'll be happy to address it.

You already convicted Bryant before you read all the stories and watched any of the videos; hence the "willfully ignorant" repuwtation points you were given and deserved.

That shows you're not interested in a debate, you're interesting in spreading your opinion with disregard to fact.[/quote]

The victim is dead. He will be buried in his home province of Alberta, according to a statement released by his father (FACT).

From your posts on this topic, you've exonerated Bryant without knowin all the facts , have justified his illegal actions (one look at the video I posted clearly shows Bryant hitting the dead victim's bike with his car), and have made derogatory comments about the dead victim as nauseum.

I note that you had no comment about the video that I posted, you have merely posted to me to insult me. That tells me plenty.

Please leave your insults at the door - if you don't like my posts, skip on over them.

Now did you have any (relevant) comments on the questions I posted above? (relevant as in ON TOPIC)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:38 pm

Here's what surprises me most about the comments on this thread that aren't relevant to the topic.

This story is bigger than it seems.

If Bryant is exonerated, that will put the kibosh on any new bike lanes for cyclists.

If Bryant is convicted fairly, that will spur the City/Province to start taking action to provide safe lanes for cyclists.

I am not a cyclist, however, I am a driver and as such have no desire to get into an accident with a cyclist because the City can't be bothered providing more safe biking lanes for them. Cyclists have as much right to ride their bikes as we do to drive our cars and I don't happen to believe it's safe for the two to be in the same lanes.

I also happen to believe that Bryant is guilty as charged. The dead cyclist may not have been a member of the Toronto Club, but he was a human being who had just as much right to ride his bike as Bryant did to drive his car.

It's not about one side or the other, it's about pushing for safer roadways so that both motorists and cyclists can be safer.

The way in which the dead victim has been trashed on here and in the media is sickening. He did not deserve to die, and Bryant had no right to use his 2000 pound weapon to facilitate his death, whether he meant to do so or not - the outcome is obvious.

We need safer roads in Toronto and burying this story is not going to achieve that goal.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:48 pm

NancyDrew NancyDrew:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Nancy, this is getting very BORING. You are not here to debate, you are here to ram your point of view down our throats. YAWN.

Did you attempt to debate? I must have missed it.

The insults and negs tossed around by you and others is what's very BORING (not to mention juvenile).

It's you who isn't here to debate, but clearly to flame.

I've asked questions in an earlier post..........if you don't care to respond directly to them kindly leave your insults elsewhere. Thank you.

No, I never debated with you, really, what is the point? Boring crap about cyclists, and you don't give a shite about what anybody thinks anyway.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:40 pm

$1:
I also happen to believe that Bryant is guilty as charged.

That's obvious, just keep on ignoring the facts.

$1:
The dead cyclist may not have been a member of the Toronto Club, but he was a human being who had just as much right to ride his bike as Bryant did to drive his car.

Not if was drunk and high to boot.

$1:
It's not about one side or the other,

Please take your own advice

$1:
The way in which the dead victim has been trashed on here and in the media is sickening.

And trashing Bryant is what?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:05 pm

NancyDrew NancyDrew:
In keeping with the topic, there are a few things that are curious.

Why wasn't Bryant given a breathalyzer?

Someone elsewhere has said that the woman who got out of Bryant's car after the incident was blonde, according to witnesses, whereas Bryant's wife is brunette. ?? I can't confirm this, but has anyone else read the same thing?

Why would a hefty 30-year boxer (Bryant) be afraid of a guy on a bike, especially when there were burly construction workers right on the street - all Bryant had to do was stop on Bloor Street and any of those guys would have rushed to his aid.

How do we know it wasn't Bryant who had the victim in a head lock? After all, Bryant was the former pro-boxer, the victim wasn't.

The video I saw shows Bryant hitting the victim's bike with his 2,000+ vehicle. If that's what happened, obviously the victim would have been angry, as would any of us.

Also, if after hitting the victims bike and damaging it, the victim attempted to resolve the issue with Bryant (i.e., damages for bike repair), both of them know that with no police report, there's no insurance claim, ergo, Bryant could have easily flipped the guy the bird and taken off (which he did do - take off).

Again, that is something else that would have angered most anyone.

If after hitting the victims bike and the victim landed on Bryant's car, is it possible the victim was hanging on for dear life when Bryant gunned the engine?

Why would Bryant feel the need to hire a PR firm the same night he was charged? Anyone who is innocent would not have done so.

This entire case stinks to high heaven and it began to stink the minute the media began trashing the victim!

All supposition! Now if I understnd correctly, you, in as many words, have stated as much. [B-o] Supposing that you are correct in your views, and Bryant is found guilty and convicted in a court of law then he should be hanged by the nuts from a traffic light at Bay & Bloor, and we shall make Sheppard the Patron Saint of cyclists!

Now, here is a little study we can all participate in. Actually, our results will be more accurate than anything a professional think-tank can come up with.
Over the course of the next 48 hours. all of us pay closer attention and really observe the actions of cyclists and motorists. What traffic laws are being ignored by each group. Not just in relation to each other, but individually as well. Try to be accurate. My guess is that we will find that cyclists really are, by numbers, the worst offenders. Authors of their own misfortune, if you will. The results should be quite interesting come Sunday evening!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:07 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
$1:
I also happen to believe that Bryant is guilty as charged.

That's obvious, just keep on ignoring the facts.

What facts? The trial hasn't even begun, do you have access to facts already establishes? Link please.

$1:
Not if was drunk and high to boot.

Link to facts/tox report supporting your allegation please.

$1:
Please take your own advice

Always do, bests the advice posted here. :lol:

$1:
And trashing Bryant is what?

Link to where I have called Bryant a drunk, raving lunatic, a maniac, etc., the way in which the dead victim has been trashed. Thanks.

I said I believe Bryant is guilty of the charges. A belief does not require facts to support it. If that weren't the case, organized religion would cease to exist.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:15 pm

Yogi Yogi:
NancyDrew NancyDrew:

Someone elsewhere has said that the woman who got out of Bryant's car after the incident was blonde, according to witnesses, whereas Bryant's wife is brunette. ?? I can't confirm this, but has anyone else read the same thing?

Why would a hefty 30-year boxer (Bryant) be afraid of a guy on a bike, especially when there were burly construction workers right on the street - all Bryant had to do was stop on Bloor Street and any of those guys would have rushed to his aid.

How do we know it wasn't Bryant who had the victim in a head lock? After all, Bryant was the former pro-boxer, the victim wasn't.

The video I saw shows Bryant hitting the victim's bike with his 2,000+ vehicle. If that's what happened, obviously the victim would have been angry, as would any of us.

Also, if after hitting the victims bike and damaging it, the victim attempted to resolve the issue with Bryant (i.e., damages for bike repair), both of them know that with no police report, there's no insurance claim, ergo, Bryant could have easily flipped the guy the bird and taken off (which he did do - take off).

If after hitting the victims bike and the victim landed on Bryant's car, is it possible the victim was hanging on for dear life when Bryant gunned the engine?

Why would Bryant feel the need to hire a PR firm the same night he was charged? Anyone who is innocent would not have done so.

This entire case stinks to high heaven and it began to stink the minute the media began trashing the victim!

All supposition!

Questions! And not all are what you characterize as "suppositions".Bryant is in fact a boxer. He did drive illegally. He left the scene of not one, but two accidents (the first time was when he hit the bike - review video posted for proof of that accident - the second time was when he drove away from the scene of the tragedy after his rear tires ran over the victim. Does it not concern you that no charges of leaving the scene were made?

$1:
Now if I understnd correctly, you, in as many words, have stated as much. [B-o] Supposing that you are correct in your views, and Bryant is found guilty and convicted in a court of law then he should be hanged by the nuts from a traffic light at Bay & Bloor, and we shall make Sheppard the Patron Saint of cyclists!

Good idea! (except for the hanging part - ridiculous comment)

$1:
Now, here is a little study we can all participate in. Actually, our results will be more accurate than anything a professional think-tank can come up with.
Over the course of the next 48 hours. all of us pay closer attention and really observe the actions of cyclists and motorists. What traffic laws are being ignored by each group. Not just in relation to each other, but individually as well. Try to be accurate. My guess is that we will find that cyclists really are, by numbers, the worst offenders. Authors of their own misfortune, if you will. The results should be quite interesting come Sunday evening!

Irrelevant to the issue, which is everyone has the right to LIVE in this country and not be killed by an apparently out of control driver suffering from road rage.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:23 pm

NancyDrew NancyDrew:
Yogi Yogi:
NancyDrew NancyDrew:

All supposition!

Questions! And not all are what you characterize as "suppositions".Bryant is in fact a boxer. He did drive illegally. He left the scene of not one, but two accidents (the first time was when he hit the bike - review video posted for proof of that accident - the second time was when he drove away from the scene of the tragedy after his rear tires ran over the victim. Does it not concern you that no charges of leaving the scene were made?

$1:
Now if I understnd correctly, you, in as many words, have stated as much. [B-o] Supposing that you are correct in your views, and Bryant is found guilty and convicted in a court of law then he should be hanged by the nuts from a traffic light at Bay & Bloor, and we shall make Sheppard the Patron Saint of cyclists!

Good idea! (except for the hanging part - ridiculous comment)

$1:

Irrelevant to the issue, which is everyone has the right to LIVE in this country and not be killed by an apparently out of control driver suffering from road rage.

No more 'ridiculous' than 'making Sheppard the Patron Saint of cyclists', which you seem to think is a fine idea indeed!

I put 'the red' in 'redneck'.

Get used to my 'ridiculous' comments or turn in your 'membership card' now!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:59 pm

NancyDrew NancyDrew:

And everyone has the right to LIVE in this Country and not be attacked by an apparently drunk cyclist in a fit of rage, apparently beating the side of the car with a bike lock after apparently throwing his bike at the other side.

To top that off, apparently he grabbed onto Bryant and the steering wheel and refused to let go and killed himself in the process by falling off when his apparent grip on Bryant's head released.

If I use the word apparently, in your World, that classifies as my opinion and therefore, cannot be disputed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:18 pm

I'm still trying to figure out this pro boxer stuff LOL. I been watching professional boxing for over 30 years. Never even heard of him. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:57 am

LOCK THIS THREAD!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:50 am

I agree, this ones been beaten to death.

We can reopen when the trial starts.. if it starts.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:44 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
LOCK THIS THREAD!

Ahhh, wise words...

Ya know, we can completely go off topic too, and see if we qualify for the "off topic"-medal :)

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:24 am

As requested....Image

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 284 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 15  16  17  18  19