CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28641
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:02 am
 


Title: Cadbury facing backlash over new chocolate bar meant to promote diversity
Category: Business
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2019-08-30 08:51:08


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23616
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:02 am
 


Personally, I don't get what the fuss is about this time.

Looks good. I wouldn't mind trying one. Unfortunately I'm already boycotting Cadbury for going Halal. I don't even buy their Easter...er, "Holiday" eggs anymore. And I loved those things.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8581
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:14 am
 


That actually sounds Delicious


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14114

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:37 am
 


N_Fiddledog wrote:
Personally, I don't get what the fuss is about this time.

Looks good. I wouldn't mind trying one. Unfortunately I'm already boycotting Cadbury for going Halal. I don't even buy their Easter...er, "Holiday" eggs anymore. And I loved those things.

Cadbury didn't go Halal. Their products simply don't contain ingredients that would go against Muslim (or Hebrew) dietary restrictions because generally there aren't dead animal products in chocolate.
Water is "Halal". You gonna quit drinking water too?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29199
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:37 am
 


Good thing Fiddle is here because I'd never see these stories. :D




/sarcasm off


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29199
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:39 am
 


PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
Water is "Halal". You gonna quit drinking water too?

Air is Halal too. :evil:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13417
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:41 am
 


Where the hell is the yellow chocolate?

Fucking Cadbury racists?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29199
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:43 am
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
Where the hell is the yellow chocolate?

Fucking Cadbury racists?

Martians are pissed too.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23616
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:07 am
 


PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
N_Fiddledog wrote:
Personally, I don't get what the fuss is about this time.

Looks good. I wouldn't mind trying one. Unfortunately I'm already boycotting Cadbury for going Halal. I don't even buy their Easter...er, "Holiday" eggs anymore. And I loved those things.

Cadbury didn't go Halal. Their products simply don't contain ingredients that would go against Muslim (or Hebrew) dietary restrictions because generally there aren't dead animal products in chocolate.
Water is "Halal". You gonna quit drinking water too?


That's the official line from Cadbury but I was boycotting it long before the Malaysian guy had his picture taken with a cadbury Halal certificate.

At one time you used to be able to go to their website and check which products were Halal certified. I know because I did it.

People started to complain even before the Malaysian guy and Cadbury backtracked is all that happened there:

https://barenakedislam.com/2017/06/28/a ... out-islam/

Same with Campbell's soups. I was boycotting them too. One time I noticed a whole raft of Campbell's soups - tomato, mushroom and vegetable - were half price at Walmart. I looked at the label. It had a crescent moon Halal label. I haven't seen that label ever since.

My bitch with Halal is the way the food processing industry is pressured to virtual industry takeover by labels and underground pressure organizations. I'm not paying to finance Hamas. You think that's dumb, because you read something somewhere where Cadbury reps were reacting to the controversy. Oh well...you're entitled to your opinion. I read the same articles and got past them. My opinion hasn't changed.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20829
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:30 am
 


llama66 wrote:
That actually sounds Delicious


Except the white chocolate part - white chocolate is an abomination unto the Lord! :lol:


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 32704
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:53 am
 


bootlegga wrote:
llama66 wrote:
That actually sounds Delicious


Except the white chocolate part - white chocolate is an abomination unto the Lord! :lol:


Zip it!

White Chocolate is the best Chocolate. [drool]


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 17341
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:30 am
 


Chocolate wars! I'm going to eat chocolate popcorn and enjoy [popcorn]


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8581
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:09 pm
 


bootlegga wrote:
llama66 wrote:
That actually sounds Delicious


Except the white chocolate part - white chocolate is an abomination unto the Lord! :lol:

Blasphemer. White Chocolate is god's gift to humanity. It's not his fault that you've rejected God's love.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23616
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:23 pm
 


I notice nobody wants to champion Dark Chocolate.

I get that. It's like bitter beer for me. Apparently some people like it but I'll never understand why.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29199
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:44 pm
 


Dark chocolate gives me an excuse to have a glass of Port wine. [drool]


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  1  2  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 65 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.