canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:06 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
So long as the data is not retained or correlated to track anyone's visits there should not be a problem.
Oh, I get it!
The NSA stops collecting data when somebody has a Canadian sheet of PIPEDUH that says: "No."

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Here's where the libertarians could actually be of some use. Legislate all personal data as private property. Want to take my picture--you need a contract with me. Some people might sign up: "Sure profile me for $100/year or whatever." But otherwise stealing private information would be considered theft.
Oh, I get it!
Lawyers need more money!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:10 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
llama66 llama66:
Fun fact: There is reduced right to privacy on private property, CF properties all have disclaimers that state you will be photographed. Its a condition of entry. By entering onto the property you are consenting to the conditions of entry.

By continuing to be alive, you are consenting to give up all rights to privacy.

Here's where the libertarians could actually be of some use. Legislate all personal data as private property. Want to take my picture--you need a contract with me. Some people might sign up: "Sure profile me for $100/year or whatever." But otherwise stealing private information would be considered theft.

Its either you agree to OUR rules for OUR property or go elsewhere

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

Warnings: (40%)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:22 pm

llama66 llama66:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
llama66 llama66:
Fun fact: There is reduced right to privacy on private property, CF properties all have disclaimers that state you will be photographed. Its a condition of entry. By entering onto the property you are consenting to the conditions of entry.

I take a different route, legislate the security of that data. You fuck up and don't properly protect it, you go to jail. Start jailing CEOs who save a buck and don't protect consumer data.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:33 am

Tricks Tricks:
llama66 llama66:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

I take a different route, legislate the security of that data. You fuck up and don't properly protect it, you go to jail. Start jailing CEOs who save a buck and don't protect consumer data.

A beautiful dream, and it takes care of the data they've already stolen from us.

I'd rather Llama's idea, and the way the EU is handling privacy now. Everything is private, unless you opt out.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:46 am

A little intrusive. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:25 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I'd rather Llama's idea, and the way the EU is handling privacy now. Everything is private, unless you opt out.

Its really an Idea, its how it is, Shopping Centres post what are called "Conditions of Entry" these are those no shirt, no shoes, no service signs. The purpose of the sign is to govern how you use the property, it also establishes whether you will be monitored during your stay. Some properties post very long conditions of entry.
By entering and passing the signage you agree to be bound by whatever rules the management deems appropriate, Within reason.
A pretty standard condition is "premises monitored by CCTV" or some This is a good article. Follow the link for more information. derivative of that, basically you see that, and you still enter... you are reducing your right to privacy.
I dunno how many times I was told "you cant take my photograph" when issuing TPA notices, only for them to be told by the cops that they had a right to reduced privacy.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:44 am

llama66 llama66:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Its really an Idea, its how it is, Shopping Centres post what are called "Conditions of Entry" these are those no shirt, no shoes, no service signs. The purpose of the sign is to govern how you use the property, it also establishes whether you will be monitored during your stay. Some properties post very long conditions of entry.
By entering and passing the signage you agree to be bound by whatever rules the management deems appropriate, Within reason.
A pretty standard condition is "premises monitored by CCTV" or some This is a good article. Follow the link for more information. derivative of that, basically you see that, and you still enter... you are reducing your right to privacy.

I get that you give up some privacy on private property. But their signs don't say 'and you will be biometrically categorized, and your habits tracked and sold to third parties . . " on their signs. So how can we consent to what is not being told to us?

llama66 llama66:
I dunno how many times I was told "you cant take my photograph" when issuing TPA notices, only for them to be told by the cops that they had a right to reduced privacy.

I actually started a PIPA complaint! Not on cops, but on couriers. Purolator, when they hand you the pad to sign for a package, has a little camera that takes your picture. They don't tell you that!

I was signing for a package at my front door and asked 'did you just take my picture?'. The driver said he did. I said 'delete it, immediately'. The driver said he couldn't, and that he could take my picture in a public place. I said that I was standing in my own home, a private residence, not a public place! He had no right to take my picture without permission.

So I filed a complaint. Never heard back.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:09 am

Two things, I don't disagree with you- at all. Maybe with these "emerging technologies" we need to look at what is going to be consider the minimum for due diligence to be fulfilled.

Second thing, Good. (well, not good you never heard back). Its one thing on private property with a public invitation, but in your private residence you absolutely have the right to privacy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:15 pm

$1:
I actually started a PIPA complaint! Not on cops, but on couriers. Purolator, when they hand you the pad to sign for a package, has a little camera that takes your picture. They don't tell you that!

I was signing for a package at my front door and asked 'did you just take my picture?'. The driver said he did. I said 'delete it, immediately'. The driver said he couldn't, and that he could take my picture in a public place. I said that I was standing in my own home, a private residence, not a public place! He had no right to take my picture without permission.

So I filed a complaint. Never heard back.

Hi, we really apologize for this privacy incident. If possible, can you please email us the complaint number (if you still have it) and also the details of the incident such as date, time and the tracking number? We'll look into the situation for you. Our email address is customer.care@purolator.com.

Regards, James//Social Media Coordinator.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:05 pm

^^^^ See kids, big brother really is watching over everything. :lol:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:04 am

Now that is some creepy shit right there! :evil:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:16 am