Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:32 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Could've been worse. The junkie could've been black.

Cause apparently black lives matter.

The hell's the matter with you?

There are many theories out there. 8O

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:34 am

Tricks Tricks:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Tricks Tricks:
I read that he lunged at them with the syringe but it's not mentioned in this article. Part of Cop's story?

They also emptied the 14 shot clip into him, but only 4 connected. Which means 10 rounds were available to hit other guests in the hotel. Also not in this story. [huh]

Wow didn't know that. All from one guy?

As far as I know, only one cop discharged his weapon, according to ASIRT. News reports (unsurprisingly) differ from the official report, that say the officer only shot 6 times, with 2 headshots.

$1:
Upon entry they were met by Mr. Heffernan who stood between and near the end of the two beds, with both arms raised. He held a small insulin syringe in his left hand at shoulder height and a lighter in his right hand. He was flicking the lighter in what appeared to be an unconscious habit and possibly playing with the plunger on the syringe, although there are differing descriptions as to how the syringe was being held. All of the witness officers stated concerns about the possibility that the syringe might be contaminated and that they might get stabbed or stuck by it.

Although the officers commanded him to drop the syringe, he remained unresponsive, non-communicative, and seemingly unaware. Officers further attempted to communicate with him addressing him by his first name in hopes it would de-escalate the situation; however, their attempts were unsuccessful.

Having been unable to get Mr. Heffernan to follow demands, the officer fired his Conducted Energy Weapon (CEW), commonly known as a Taser, striking Mr. Heffernan in the abdomen, momentarily incapacitating him and causing him to fall backwards onto a bed (the second bed, furthest from the doorway). One CEW probe penetrated Mr. Heffernan’s skin however the second probe only made contact with his shirt. The officer cycled and discharged the CEW a second time.

While on the bed, Mr. Heffernan was described as either flailing his arms around and contacting the probe wires, or pulling at the wires. The lighter and the syringe remained clutched in his hands. Two out of the three officers carrying firearms holstered their weapon and moved in to grab him; however, he dislodged the wires and appears to have stood up from the bed. Depending on the description provided by the witness officers, still holding the lighter and syringe, Mr. Heffernan either moved forward towards the officers or lunged in their direction. He was described by one officer as appearing to take an aggressive stance. Everyone in the room would have been in very close proximity to one another, some officers within an arm’s length or slightly more to Mr. Heffernan.

The officer who had entered last had stepped between the wall and the bed closest to the hall, removed his CEW from its holster and fired
it at Mr. Heffernan at the same time as the subject officer fired his service issued 40 caliber Glock pistol six times. The probes of the CEW struck Mr.
Heffernan in the right bicep, roughly seven inches apart. Mr. Heffernan was shot four times, with two bullets striking his head, one striking his neck and one striking his upper torso. Two bullet wounds were penetrating, which resulted in the bullets being recovered from his skull and chest area respectively. Two other bullet wounds were perforating, which resulted in the bullets passing completely through his head. Those bullets were recovered at the scene. It is not possible to determine the exact order in which the wounds were suffered.

https://solgps.alberta.ca/asirt/media-c ... ooting.pdf

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/crime/p ... nt-secrecy

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:11 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
$1:
“Although the officers commanded him to drop the syringe, he remained unresponsive, non-communicative, and seemingly unaware.”

Meaning he wasn't doing anything that posed an immediate threat to anyone but he also wasn't immediately complying with the commands of Those Who Shall Be Obeyed.

$1:
One police officer fired a Taser at Heffernan but it didn’t work. As a second officer was preparing to hit Heffernan again with a Taser, another officer fired his gun six times.

“The subject officer made a quick decision in a volatile and rapidly unfolding situation to use his service firearm in order to defend against Mr. Heffernan,” said a statement from the Alberta Crown Prosecution Service.

“The evidence would be that he did so as a defensive action against an individual who was armed with a syringe, and who had been either unwilling or unable to comply with police directions..

So if someone is unable to comply with police orders then that's justification for the use of lethal force?

So retards, Alzheimers' patients, deaf people, people in persistent vegetative states, dead people...all of them are at risk from stupid fucking assholes with guns and badges? :roll:

I was watching video yesterday showing cops actually abusing people in wheelchairs. Two of them were obviously quads that the cops unceremoniously dumped out of their wheelchairs. The third guy was missing his legs and one cop suddenly punched him so hard in the side of the head that he and his wheelchair were knocked over.

I pray to God our special needs son never runs across any of those kinds of pigs. And yes I said pigs. I normally don't refer to the police as pigs but certain individuals have definitely earned that moniker.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:18 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
I was watching video yesterday showing cops actually abusing people in wheelchairs. Two of them were obviously quads that the cops unceremoniously dumped out of their wheelchairs. The third guy was missing his legs and one cop suddenly punched him so hard in the side of the head that he and his wheelchair were knocked over.

I pray to God our special needs son never runs across any of those kinds of pigs. And yes I said pigs. I normally don't refer to the police as pigs but certain individuals have definitely earned that moniker.

Indeed they have.