CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28810
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:16 am
 


Title: Calgary-based Encana plans to shift base to U.S., change name to Ovintiv
Category: Business
Posted By: uwish
Date: 2019-10-31 07:08:01
Canadian


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33975
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:16 am
 


The new name sounds Slavic.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1246
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:06 am
 


Quelle surprise. But hey, that investment in green technology is going to return us to prosperity with interest, amirite?


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63946
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:17 am
 


Thank you Canada for driving so many jobs south to help Make America Great Again! [flag]


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4567
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:33 pm
 


as my favorite graffiti I saw on a South American wall.. "America get out....but take me with you!"


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2498
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:51 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Thank you Canada for driving so many jobs south to help Make America Great Again! [flag]


Trudeau's policies push jobs out of Canada, destroying the livelihood of many Canadians, and you celebrate? Have you no shame?

These people had the rug pulled out from beneath them by the Liberal regime.

:(

-J.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4567
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:54 pm
 


I don't take it as a 'joke' and I think Bart was being sarcastic...that is the way I took it....


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28230
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:56 pm
 


"No layoffs". For now anyway. Probably do it later when the attention is elsewhere, like in some kind of nice quiet New Year's Eve Massacre that gives the unfortunate staff and their families a real fun start to 2020. Oh, well, they're only Albertans. Earth-rapers deserve it anyway. It's not like they work for proper Canadian companies like Bombardier or SNC-Lavalin. :|


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2566
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:59 pm
 


CDN_PATRIOT wrote:
Trudeau's policies push jobs out of Canada, destroying the livelihood of many Canadians, and you celebrate? Have you no shame?

These people had the rug pulled out from beneath them by the Liberal regime.

:(

-J.


Why shouldn't Bart celebrate? We all know exactly where all of their best and brightest will be moved too, we all know that they will also be rewarded generously for their loyalty to the company.

From Bart's perspective, rightfully so, this was a huge win for the US. Just the IP transfer to their soil is a massive win. Some of the best teams on the planet coming with those IP's, is just the cherry on top.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28230
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:10 pm
 


The US has a lot of major flaws. More than usual these days thanks entirely to that piece of garbage they have sitting in the White House right now. But waging economic war on each other to the point of destroying entire industries and impoverishing hundreds of thousands of people, based entirely on what's popular at the moment among the "smart" people, just isn't an American trait. That's far more of a Canadian characteristic.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63946
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:29 pm
 


uwish wrote:
I don't take it as a 'joke' and I think Bart was being sarcastic...that is the way I took it....


Ding, ding, ding!!!!


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63946
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:32 pm
 


CDN_PATRIOT wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Thank you Canada for driving so many jobs south to help Make America Great Again! [flag]


Trudeau's policies push jobs out of Canada, destroying the livelihood of many Canadians, and you celebrate? Have you no shame?

These people had the rug pulled out from beneath them by the Liberal regime.

:(

-J.


https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... m=Sarchasm


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14211
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:19 pm
 


But but but Kenney just brought in all this austerity and tax cuts and the companies are still leaving hows that possible?

Nobody’s leaving any of the other provinces for the US so the Trudeau theory seems a little weak.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11049
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:34 pm
 


BeaverFever wrote:
But but but Kenney just brought in all this austerity and tax cuts and the companies are still leaving hows that possible?

Nobody’s leaving any of the other provinces for the US so the Trudeau theory seems a little weak.


Improve your knowledge base and look up bill C69.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14211
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:37 pm
 


PluggyRug wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
But but but Kenney just brought in all this austerity and tax cuts and the companies are still leaving hows that possible?

Nobody’s leaving any of the other provinces for the US so the Trudeau theory seems a little weak.


Improve your knowledge base and look up bill C69.

But Alberta has new big tax cuts! Tax cuts attract business and the wealth trickles down! So I’m told.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  1  2  3  4  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.