Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2019-06-14 16:53:32
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:07 pm

I mail so few things that I still have 2 stamps from a book of 12 permanent stamps I think I purchased more than 3 years ago.

A $0.02 increase is no big deal.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:45 am

Um...stamps are more than 92 cents already. A single stamp comes to $1.19, so I have gone back to buying books of them.

-J.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:03 am

Yeah I buy the books too. I still mail cheque’s to some charities and yes it pisses them off.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:10 am

One time, I got a roll of 100 (P) stamps at Costco. I think they were $0.75 at the time.

Good deal!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:58 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
One time, I got a roll of 100 (P) stamps at Costco. I think they were $0.75 at the time.

Good deal!

I thought wow, .75 for stamps so I just checked on the Costco website to see if i could still score a deal. Well, apparently they no longer deal in Canadian stamps which doesn't surprise me given Canada Posts propensity for running the worlds worst business model.

We used to mail Christmas cards to everyone and do all our bills by cheque but that's stopped now because of the unrealistic cost or mailing anything and the unbelievably piss poor postal service that takes weeks for bill payments to go across town

But, with that being said the one thing that I'll actually give Trudeau credit for was stopping the idiotic decision by the Conservatives to remove all home delivery service. Fortunately we still have our home delivery which apparently really pisses off the brass at corporate who think it's a privilege for us to pay to have our mail stolen, placed in the most inconvenient location and get mixed up with everyone else's because of incompetent contractors.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:11 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
We used to mail Christmas cards to everyone and do all our bills by cheque but that's stopped now because of the unrealistic cost or mailing anything and the unbelievably piss poor postal service that takes weeks for bill payments to go across town

Christmas cards are the only reason I use stamps any more.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:22 am

I e-mail Christmas cards. :D

People throw them away soon after Christmas anyways.

The last time I used a stamp was probably 3 years ago.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:30 am

Do you have something like Forever Stamps? You buy a book of stamps at current price rate. They show no denomination amount. You use them like always and if the price of stamps goes up these are still good at the new rate. Once you are out of stamps you go and buy another book of stamps at the new rate.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:44 am

stratos stratos:
Do you have something like Forever Stamps? You buy a book of stamps at current price rate. They show no denomination amount. You use them like always and if the price of stamps goes up these are still good at the new rate. Once you are out of stamps you go and buy another book of stamps at the new rate.

Yes, we've had those a long time. They have a (P) on them.

The roll I bought at Costco were (P) Permanent stamps, which is why they were a good deal. And probably why they aren't sold anymore.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:28 am

I use stamps so rarely that the stamps I bought 5 years ago are still good. :) Currently postage on a normal not over weight letter here in the US is .50 cents.