canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:06 am

llama66 llama66:
Ok... (sorry in advance) (I can say it, spell, not so much.. horrible spelling inbound)

Kes hai ho?

Mathachode (mother fucker)
Bannchode (Brother fucker)
buckerichode (goat fucker)

Sir, you are wonderful....No need for apology.

That was hilarious.

Quite up to mark with little error.

Kesey ho? How are you?

Matharchod (Motherfucker)

Behenchod (sisterfucker)

BakriChod (Goatfucker)

:lol:

I wonder who taught you this? Sikh Punjabis?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:21 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

No. You’re lying again

The economy wasn’t “rotten” before Doug and there’s been no “sudden” improvement since Doug. ” it’s been good and growing for several years now.

As I already told you.

So stop lying, liar.

Lying? You're projecting again, Bud. You should really deal with that - your problem with projection, I mean.

You did tell me of this economic marvel fantasy Wynne-land you appear to believe in but as I recall it was a debate and as I recall, I won.

The way I remember it Wynne-land was more like this:

$1:
Now that voters have returned Kathleen Wynne to power, the premier will need to find a way to manage a debt load that is larger than California’s while continuing to keep the credit rating agencies mollified long enough to avoid a dreaded downgrade.

With a net debt of $267.5-billion that is growing at a faster rate than the economy, the challenge is just beginning for the party that emerged victorious from the provincial election.

https://business.financialpost.com/news ... be-ignored

So you’re not a liar, you’re just stupid? Why are you talking about the debt now? That has nothing to do with the economy and jobs.

US debt has exploded under Trump I don’t see you complaining about that you still sniff his jockey shorts with enthusiasm.

You’re just desperate

Also for your edification, Ontario’s debt hasn’t changed since Doug took office. As I’ve told you several times now his first budget was only released a few weeks ago.

$1:

Businesses were leaving Ontario in bunches.

Ok so you’re still a liar. Don’t ever change.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:34 am

According to Obama, he created the boom in the US. By that reasoning it was Harper who created the the Canadian job boom. Trudeau's just riding on Harper's coattails.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 11:48 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

$1:
But here's a thought. Can you imagine how great it would have been for the Liberals image if the 100,000 unemployed Albertans went back to work to?

Liberals don’t control the price of oil or the policies of greedy oil companies.

Nope they don't control the price of oil. All they and their greedy friends in the provincial and municipal gov'ts control is the amount of tax that every litre generates.

So let's see who's really greedy here?

$1:
Here's a list of all the taxes you pay on a litre of gas in B.C.:

Provincial motor fuel tax (Metro Vancouver) — 1.75 cents
Provincial motor fuel tax (everywhere else in B.C.) — 7.75 cents.
B.C.'s carbon tax — 8.89 cents.
The B.C. Transportation Finance Authority tax — 6.75 cents.
TransLink tax (If you live in Metro Vancouver) — 17 cents, increasing to 18.5 cents on July 1.
Transit tax (If you live in Victoria) — 5.5 cents.
Federal excise tax — 10 cents.
Finally, pay the five per cent Goods and Services Tax on top of the total price.
When you add it all up, you're paying more than 60 cents a litre in tax if you live in Metro Vancouver.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5103973

So the people who have absolutely nothing to do with the costs of locating, extracting, refining, shipping and selling of the product are taking approximately 40% of the cost without spending one red cent and you call the oil companies greedy? ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:45 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
According to Obama, he created the boom in the US. By that reasoning it was Harper who created the the Canadian job boom. Trudeau's just riding on Harper's coattails.

Yeah maybe. He certainly hasn’t ruined the growth, which is what you guys have been saying he would do

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:23 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

$1:
But here's a thought. Can you imagine how great it would have been for the Liberals image if the 100,000 unemployed Albertans went back to work to?

Liberals don’t control the price of oil or the policies of greedy oil companies.

Nope they don't control the price of oil. All they and their greedy friends in the provincial and municipal gov'ts control is the amount of tax that every litre generates.

So let's see who's really greedy here?

$1:
Here's a list of all the taxes you pay on a litre of gas in B.C.:

Provincial motor fuel tax (Metro Vancouver) — 1.75 cents
Provincial motor fuel tax (everywhere else in B.C.) — 7.75 cents.
B.C.'s carbon tax — 8.89 cents.
The B.C. Transportation Finance Authority tax — 6.75 cents.
TransLink tax (If you live in Metro Vancouver) — 17 cents, increasing to 18.5 cents on July 1.
Transit tax (If you live in Victoria) — 5.5 cents.
Federal excise tax — 10 cents.
Finally, pay the five per cent Goods and Services Tax on top of the total price.
When you add it all up, you're paying more than 60 cents a litre in tax if you live in Metro Vancouver.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5103973

So the people who have absolutely nothing to do with the costs of locating, extracting, refining, shipping and selling of the product are taking approximately 40% of the cost without spending one red cent and you call the oil companies greedy? ROTFL

Yes the oil companies are greedy!

The oil is a publicly owned asset it doesn’t belong to the oil companies. They pay almost nothing to the government to extract the oil and their businesses are heavily subsidized. So if you think the government doesn’t spend one red cent that’s a joke. The oil industry is not only the wealthiest and most powerful industry in the world they get billions in subsidies and tax breaks. Did you miss how Alberta is buying railroad cars to help ship this oil as just one recent example? Most oil companies pay no taxes in the US.

Besides, gas station sales are only a tiny portion of oil company revenues. Most of their revenue streams don’t attract those kind of taxes.

Alberta is dotted with well over 100,000 abandoned oil wells that are contaminating the land and water and estimated to cost over $70 BILLION to clean up. The oil industry is supposed to have an orphan well fund to pay for the cleanup but because the oil companies are the real decision makers in Alberta and not the government, the clean up fund hasn’t been funded properly and can only cover a fraction of that cost. In Alberta, private property owners cannot stop oil prospecting on their private property and then the oil companies can just fuck off and leave you with a contaminated well in your land wherever it suits them.

And who pays the costs of cleaning up oil spills? The government mostly. And of course the people whose business or health is destroyed by the spill pay for it in different ways.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:12 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
The oil is a publicly owned asset it doesn’t belong to the oil companies. They pay almost nothing to the government to extract the oil and their businesses are heavily subsidized. So if you think the government doesn’t spend one red cent that’s a joke. The oil industry is not only the wealthiest and most powerful industry in the world they get billions in subsidies and tax breaks. Did you miss how Alberta is buying railroad cars to help ship this oil as just one recent example? Most oil companies pay no taxes in the US.

Besides, gas station sales are only a tiny portion of oil company revenues. Most of their revenue streams don’t attract those kind of taxes.

Alberta is dotted with well over 100,000 abandoned oil wells that are contaminating the land and water and estimated to cost over $70 BILLION to clean up. The oil industry is supposed to have an orphan well fund to pay for the cleanup but because the oil companies are the real decision makers in Alberta and not the government, the clean up fund hasn’t been funded properly and can only cover a fraction of that cost. In Alberta, private property owners cannot stop oil prospecting on their private property and then the oil companies can just fuck off and leave you with a contaminated well in your land wherever it suits them.

And who pays the costs of cleaning up oil spills? The government mostly. And of course the people whose business or health is destroyed by the spill pay for it in different ways.

Nobody said the oil companies weren't in it for themselves and screw the people but what I find hilarious is people screaming about them while completely ignoring entities like Facebook, Google and Amazon because it doesn't suit their agenda's.

I guess it's true when they say you can pick your villains. [B-o]

But if you're saying what I think your saying, the gov't gets money for the oil at the source (and the amount doesn't matter because that',s what they settled on) then they should also have the right to make the oil and by extension us, their own personal cash cows. But the oil companies shouldn't be able to do the same?

The way I see it, all levels of gov'ts are in bed with the oil companies and both are using the public as their own personal piggy banks. But, the only difference is, that one pays alot of money to rape us while the other just rapes us. So, I'll let you figure out which is which because I already know.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:44 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:

Yes of course, because the government does absolutely everything, the gov't
is the one creating all those private industry jobs, because the gov't is benign
and all seeing and creates the perfect conditions for any kind of investment.

The government sycophants who think gov't is be all and end all of everything,
well they are just the most disgusting commie pukes around.

After all, business succeeds in spite of government, not because of it. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:18 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Nobody said the oil companies weren't in it for themselves and screw the people but what I find hilarious is people screaming about them while completely ignoring entities like Facebook, Google and Amazon because it doesn't suit their agenda's.

But if you're saying what I think your saying, the gov't gets money for the oil at the source (and the amount doesn't matter because that',s what they settled on) then they should also have the right to make the oil and by extension us, their own personal cash cows. But the oil companies shouldn't be able to do the same?

The way I see it, all levels of gov'ts are in bed with the oil companies and both are using the public as their own personal piggy banks. But, the only difference is, that one pays alot of money to rape us while the other just rapes us. So, I'll let you figure out which is which because I already know.

If you don’t like Facebook Amazon, or Google then don’t use them or work for them and you’ll never have to worry about what they’re doing with your data. They don’t control governments or resources you need to survive Not so easy with Big Oil. I’ve never heard of wars fought over the rights to search engine algorithms.

Oil like most mineral resources is publicly owned oil companies don’t buy the resources from the government , they pay a royalty to extract it. That royalty, especially in Alberta, is very low.

$1:
Alberta’s 30 most productive oilsands projects accounted for more than 95 per cent of oil produced in 2017, generating $53.5 billion in revenues.

The companies producing that oil — including Suncor, Cenovus, Canadian Natural Resources Limited and Imperial Oil — made $10.14 billion in profits, while Albertans collected $2.37 billion in royalties.

in 2017 Alberta collected a mere $2.37 billion in royalties for the 30 largest projects in the oilsands which all in generated more than $53 billion in revenues. Graphic: Jimmy Thomson / The Narwhal

That means the biggest oilsands companies paid a total royalty rate of 23.37 per cent of profits.

https://thenarwhal.ca/are-albertans-col ... ds-wealth/

And that’s not counting all the taxpayer funded goodies they get like free railroad cars and other subsidies which total over $3billion every year

Now if you ever travel outside the First World you might get a fresh perspective on your view that big bad government does nothing but rape us. Everything you value in your life is either provided or safeguarded by that big bad government and their evil taxes. Government probably didn’t build your home or prepare your food but government and the tax dollars that fund them are what ensures the people who do that work were properly trained to do so without killing you. Government doesn’t control the private sector but it maintains a legal and regulatory system that allows investors and consumers to hand over billions of dollars to complete strangers with reasonable amount of confidence that they have recourse if someone fails to honour their contract or steal their idea. In fact the very notion of an enforceable contract or that an idea can’t be stolen are inventions of government that wouldn’t otherwise exist.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:27 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

If you don’t like Facebook Amazon, or Google then don’t use them or work for them and you’ll never have to worry about what they’re doing with your data. They don’t control governments or resources you need to survive Not so easy with Big Oil. I’ve never heard of wars fought over the rights to search engine algorithms.

Oil like most mineral resources is publicly owned oil companies don’t buy the resources from the government , they pay a royalty to extract it. That royalty, especially in Alberta, is very low.

$1:
Alberta’s 30 most productive oilsands projects accounted for more than 95 per cent of oil produced in 2017, generating $53.5 billion in revenues.

The companies producing that oil — including Suncor, Cenovus, Canadian Natural Resources Limited and Imperial Oil — made $10.14 billion in profits, while Albertans collected $2.37 billion in royalties.

in 2017 Alberta collected a mere $2.37 billion in royalties for the 30 largest projects in the oilsands which all in generated more than $53 billion in revenues. Graphic: Jimmy Thomson / The Narwhal

That means the biggest oilsands companies paid a total royalty rate of 23.37 per cent of profits.

https://thenarwhal.ca/are-albertans-col ... ds-wealth/

And that’s not counting all the taxpayer funded goodies they get like free railroad cars and other subsidies which total over $3billion every year

Now if you ever travel outside the First World you might get a fresh perspective on your view that big bad government does nothing but rape us. Everything you value in your life is either provided or safeguarded by that big bad government and their evil taxes. Government probably didn’t build your home or prepare your food but government and the tax dollars that fund them are what ensures the people who do that work were properly trained to do so without killing you. Government doesn’t control the private sector but it maintains a legal and regulatory system that allows investors and consumers to hand over billions of dollars to complete strangers with reasonable amount of confidence that they have recourse if someone fails to honour their contract or steal their idea. In fact the very notion of an enforceable contract or that an idea can’t be stolen are inventions of government that wouldn’t otherwise exist.

I'd agree with you about the subsidies if it wasn't for these free loaders and you can guess how many big oil companies are on the list. Now granted this is the US but after looking at Bombardier I don't think were all that different except for the numbers:

1. Boeing: $13,174,075,797

2. General Motors: $3,494,237,703

3. Royal Dutch Shell: $2,038,202,298

4. Dow Chemical: $1,408,228,374

5. Goldman Sachs: $661,979,222

6. Google: $632,044,922

7. Walt Disney: $381,525,727

8. Wal-Mart Stores: $149,942,595

9. Abercrombie and Fitch: $23,070,479

10. Bed Bath & Beyond: $10,385,041

https://www.mic.com/articles/85101/10-c ... -taxpayers

And here's the Canadian version. it's to long to copy and paste but suffice to say that why should bombardier be given massive taxpayer subsidies and the oil companies not? Hell the oil companies employ more people than most of those other companies so I'd say they're more worthy of gov't subsidies than let's say, AE Côte-Nord Canada Bioenergy Inc or Enerkem Alberta Biofuels LP both clean energy companies that came in 2 and 3 on the gift giving scale.

So claiming that taxpayers are supporting the oil industry while ignoring the fact they employ considerably more people than these other companies do that are being heavily subsidized by the gov't is ignoring the reality that all companies can get subsidies and big oil isn't the only one receiving this largess.

As for your last statement, I'm assuming that you think that we're basically living under a communist system cloaked in capitalism and that the gov't is the economic driver of the country? Well I'm sorry to say that given instances like SNC Lavalin and Bombardier it's quite apparent that this omnipresent and benevolent gov't you think exists is quite willing to trade it's regulatory might for profit and gain meaning that they can be bought and sold which in turn means they're at the whim of every corporation and company in the country. So, I don't think I should be bowing to the gov't for giving me things I've worked for and just because they may have passed a few regulations which they likely don't enforce doesn't mean they're saving Canadians from big oil.

Your whole argument seems to be geared aroung "profit" and just because you think that the oil companies make to much money and get to many subsidies doesn't mean that your benevolent gov't isn't ripping us off with outrageous amounts of tax per litre of fuel which, isn't going back to where it should and is being siphoned off into general revenues so they can spend it on what they want, not what we need.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:51 am

I don’t support subsidies to any company but Big Oil goes far beyond that. Bombardier just gets a subsidy. Big Oil dictates the national energy policy, the environmental policy and sometimes forward policy.

I’m not sure I understand the rest but of your post. Government doesn’t “give you what you for”. Without a functioning government you wouldn’t have a first world country so wouldn’t be able to work for much. Youd be living in dirt hut and living by trading scavenged firewood for bags of rice. If you think Canada has only “a few regulations” and they’re “mostly unenforced” you need to give your head a shake.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:15 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:

R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:59 pm

Apparently not everyone is as enamoured as the Liberals with the job creation statistics.

$1:
With the Trudeau government trying to boost their political fortunes by hyping up the April jobs report, highly-respected Chief Economist David Rosenberg is casting some serious doubt on it.

The Statistics Canada report claimed that 106,500 jobs were created in April, which followed a loss of 7,200 jobs in March.

Speaking to BNN Bloomberg, here’s what Rosenberg said regarding that report:

“Did you really believe that the Canadian labour market is so volatile that we could have a [7,200] decline in the labour force in one month, followed by an 100,000-increase in the next month? Is our labour market more volatile than the stock market is? It’s hard to believe. Somehow we’re creating record jobs and in the same survey in the United States, they’re losing jobs in a significant way. So what I’m trying to say is, calm down a little bit. There’s no way that the Canadian economy is nearly as strong as this number would lead you to suggest.”

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2019/05 ... -a-report/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:32 pm

Fighter Fighter:
llama66 llama66:
Ok... (sorry in advance) (I can say it, spell, not so much.. horrible spelling inbound)

Kes hai ho?

Mathachode (mother fucker)
Bannchode (Brother fucker)
buckerichode (goat fucker)

Sir, you are wonderful....No need for apology.

That was hilarious.

Quite up to mark with little error.

Kesey ho? How are you?

Matharchod (Motherfucker)

Behenchod (sisterfucker)

BakriChod (Goatfucker)

I wonder who taught you this? Sikh Punjabis?

Friend from Pakistan. He was one of the guys under me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:49 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

No, the Liberals don't control the price of oil, but they have had plenty of opportunities to do more for Alberta during the recent recession. Rightly or wrongly, the feelings out here are that Trudeau fought harder for 9,000 jobs at SNC Lavalin, while doing much less for the 100,000+ who lost their jobs when oil tanked in 2015/16.

The EI extension wasn't a bargain at all, they just spread 12 months of benefits over 18 months, but didn't add extra funds. Yes, they bought the pipeline, but from all reports, have been an absentee landlord since last May.

Had they reacted faster last year when the Court of Appeals struck down the approval of the Transmountain Expansion, they might have gotten consultations going in the fall and helped Notley enough for her to stay as Premier.

Instead, they dithered for months and Alberta was forced to lease 4400 rail cars and locomotives to move oil to market (cost $3+ billion), because CN and CP will not invest in them without some sort of guarantee that they will be needed long term (like any business). Trudeau refused to help out with the trains, dithered on TMX, and with Bills C-48 and C-69 and there is a pretty distinct anti-Alberta coming from Ottawa these days.

Now, instead of an ally, they have a staunch opponent in Alberta whose stated goal is to help Scheer win the upcoming election.

I've been preaching this for two years, and now the chickens have come home to roost and if Trudeau loses, he has nobody to blame but himself.