canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Title: Canada's government knew about the geohacking project off its Pacific coast
Category: Environmental
Posted By: Canadaka
Date: 2012-10-24 15:59:01
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:43 pm

This group has found the get out of jail free card. Let's pretend the government knew, and although there is nothing they could have done short of send warships into international waters let's blame them.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:55 pm

I still like how the media plays up the illegalness.

It's a UN agreement, and even better it's a UN agreement that was put in place because they don't want the CO2 "problem" to go away for a few hundred million a year in costs.

Dump more I say.

$1:
But given that the ocean fertilization is alleged to have affected an area 10,000 square kilometers (3,861 square miles) in size, it's hard to accept the claim that the recent project was "small-scale." Nor do their efforts appear "precautionary."
Seems like the reporter doesn't know basic math OR how big the ocean is. That 10,000 square kilometers? 100km x 100km. You could drive the perimeter in 4hrs at highway speeds.

The world's oceans are 335,258,000 sq km so 10,000 is 0.00298% of the total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:38 am

Goodness...a better shot under fire than most police (at least in he comfort of a tank) and better educated than most environmental scientists (at least on the Internet).

What on Earth are you doing here because surely your considerable and varied talents are needed elsewhere. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:44 am

Eureka? 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:03 am

raydan raydan:
Eureka? 8O

:lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:05 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
raydan raydan:
Eureka? 8O

:lol:

God let's hope not. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:29 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
This group has found the get out of jail free card. Let's pretend the government knew, and although there is nothing they could have done short of send warships into international waters let's blame them.

Then they don't have to worry about jail. If I was the credit union manager who approved that 2.5 mil loan, I'd be shitting bricks about now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:28 pm

andyt andyt:
RUEZ RUEZ:

Then they don't have to worry about jail. If I was the credit union manager who approved that 2.5 mil loan, I'd be shitting bricks about now.

I believe it was band money.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:31 pm

The Masset council borrowed the money from the Credit Union, based on them having 2.5 mil in the bank. Doesn't really make sense to me to borrow based on cash security - why not just use that money for the project? They pay a higher interest rate to borrow than they get paid on depositing that money. Also doesn't make sense to me that the CU used that money as security without putting a hold on it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:41 pm

andyt andyt:
The Masset council borrowed the money from the Credit Union, based on them having 2.5 mil in the bank. Doesn't really make sense to me to borrow based on cash security - why not just use that money for the project? They pay a higher interest rate to borrow than they get paid on depositing that money. Also doesn't make sense to me that the CU used that money as security without putting a hold on it.

Something a little smelly. I wonder how happy the band members are with their council?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
Goodness...a better shot under fire than most police (at least in he comfort of a tank)
And while using a rifle, which I have said over and over is easier to use weapon.

Ever going to explain what you want me to use to give you 'my score' with a pistol?
$1:
and better educated than most environmental scientists (at least on the Internet).
Not better educated, just not trying to get funding for my research by linking it to CO2 (for scientists), or trying to shape and control the world's economy via carbon taxes and credits (for the UN bureaucrats)
$1:
What on Earth are you doing here because surely your considerable and varied talents are needed elsewhere. 8O

Who says I'm only here?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Xort Xort:
Gunnair Gunnair:
Goodness...a better shot under fire than most police (at least in he comfort of a tank)
And while using a rifle, which I have said over and over is easier to use weapon.

Ever going to explain what you want me to use to give you 'my score' with a pistol?
$1:
and better educated than most environmental scientists (at least on the Internet).
Not better educated, just not trying to get funding for my research by linking it to CO2 (for scientists), or trying to shape and control the world's economy via carbon taxes and credits (for the UN bureaucrats)
$1:

Who says I'm only here?

Ohhhhh....a theorist. Yeah, I guess that makes sense now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:01 pm

Xort Xort:
I still like how the media plays up the illegalness.

It's a UN agreement, and even better it's a UN agreement that was put in place because they don't want the CO2 "problem" to go away for a few hundred million a year in costs.

Dump more I say.

Given that you clearly don't think CO2 is a problem, why would you then advocate dumping more? Would you advocate giving a patient more vaccine even though he isn't sick? It doesn't make any sense.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:04 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
Ohhhhh....a theorist. Yeah, I guess that makes sense now.

Why can't we dump iron to cause blooms to trap CO2?

It might hurt the ocean. Well it might, so why don't we test it and see if it does?

Better yet what about the other times we tested this and it didn't hurt anything and cause a large bloom that trapped a boat load of CO2? Should we just ignore that?

What about when the natural winds shift and blow a huge amount of dirt into the oceans and it causes the same bloom? Should we ignore that, because it happened due to the wind and say it doesn't count?

Why shouldn't we be testing iron seeding if people think it might cause harm? We should be able to figure out with enough data a safe system of seeding amounts and times and locations. Why isn't this being tested as a top priority of the UN who are so very sure that CO2 is going to destroy the world?
~

When will you offer me some way to answer your question about what my score is with a pistol?

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Given that you clearly don't think CO2 is a problem, why would you then advocate dumping more? Would you advocate giving a patient more vaccine even though he isn't sick? It doesn't make any sense.

Because if we could limit/reduce/remove our CO2 then people who do think that CO2 is going to destroy the world wouldn't be screaming about it all the time. (and this iron seeding is a way to do it without spending trillions on the project) Those people would need a new and likely even more silly thing to cry about.

Remember when Greenpeace tried to ban the element chlorine?