canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:52 pm

Title: Canada's refugee plan on hot seat: U.S. Congress holds hearing on policy | CTV News
Category: Political
Posted By: shockedcanadian
Date: 2016-02-05 13:45:55
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:52 pm

I think America has to worry about the Canadian security apparatus stabbing them and their businesses in the back more than they have to worry about new immigrants.

As one police detach in Caifornia said a couple of years ago when speaking about a former Canadian prisoner who was experiencing particularly offensive treatment by the RCMP..."we don't treat our citizens that way"...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:09 pm

This has come up in recent weeks and even our local Congresscritter Doris Matsui (D) has said that border controls with Canada will have to be severely tightened if Canada insists on bringing in 25,000 to 100,000 virtually unscreened immigrants from the sandbox.

Her 100,000 figure comes from the extrapolation that many immigrants, once settled in Canada, will then bring their families over from the sandbox and many of those "family members" won't be family members at all but instead will be young males entering Canada under the guise of being family members.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:10 pm

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at ShockedCanadian, but the Security Expert, they mention in the article, David Harris, explains what the possible problems of moving too many refugees in too quickly might be and he does so pretty clearly.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:34 pm

Well, as the 9-11 terrorists all came from Canada...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:46 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at ShockedCanadian, but the Security Expert, they mention in the article, David Harris, explains what the possible problems of moving too many refugees in too quickly might be and he does so pretty clearly.

Since you asked...

I have posted some of this before, you can give me your opinion on this if you were a member of the American government. How would you deem what I share with you here?

I have had to contact various U.S agencies at the highest level to expose what I experienced because the former Conservative government and now the Liberal government refuses to address the concerns that I raise and in fact are enablers of these types of activities against our most important ally. All to fulfill the police acronym of "CYA", instead of upholding out Charter and International obligations.

Both my wife and I have suffered after I contacted our government with specific details, in fact, we have been terrorized since I "blew the whistle" about this specific undercover. Employment interference, ordering us detained at the border, threats, harassment around our home (including someone opening our gate and leaving a bag of dog excrement on the mat outside our door the night my father-in-law passed away). After a lack of success with a domestic resolution I was forced to contact the U.S and E.U and will continue to do so without reservations. When I hear details about Congress taking some form of interest in Canada I am pleased that there are voices being heard about Canadians untrustworthiness. Ultimately there will be economic consequences to Canada, appears to me that some of these implications are already taking shape.

So, my story, and the reason for my excessive interest in the security apparatus in Canada. Imagine an undercover officer representing Canada we will call him "Sean", working at an American corporation in Canada, we will call that corporation "IBM". His activities while there? As follows:

- suggesting that "the more Americans that die the better because the safer the world is" This, coming from a Canadian agent. Not someone engaging in free speech, but someone from the state trying to spread hatred and radical ideas against the U.S. One of many many anti-American comments he made, to a person who has been staunchly pro-American and pro-Canada/American relations.
- sending multiple and unsolicited conspiracy emails (in fact, I told him to stop to no avail, I simply didn't respond) to me regarding the U.S Federal Reserve, CIA and FBI conspiracies, political b.s which I didn't have an interest in. His objective to try and misrepresent me and draw my interest in subjects and false narratives.
- Accusing the United States of being behind 9/11, which almost caused a fight at work I was so angry.
- telling me that "only" 3 million Jews perished in the holocaust, a point I knew was wrong and debated with him, as I was fully aware that the number was much higher at 6 million.
-discussions about The Elder of Zion, a anti-semetic book which he tried to push an interest in while pushing his holocaust denial agenda
- trying to generate interest in a union at IBM in an effort to subversively interfere with the employee/employer harmony and interfere with IBM's right to free market pursuits without state interference. Also counter to the NAFTA agreement, I won't quote the particular chapter this falls under since I have spoken to those in the U.S who oversee such issues. As it were, I became aware of another U.S tech company in which an undercover was engaging in the exact same tactics, the company left the Canadian market after having to face the possibility of a union vote. All courtesy of the state.

I still have dozens of emails which he sent me and which he never imagines would reach the eyes of American agents. This post provides but a snippet of his deranged ideas, but his intention was clear and he was "made" after I did some research and became aware of his intentions.

After I blew the whistle, I experienced employment interference at another U.S corporation and at RBC, our largest bank. The methods not very well disguised, I called out the cowardice and even contacted HR about being "managed out" well before it was taking fruition. I was a top sales rep. at IBM (nominated for an award as top achiever) and met my numbers in year one at RBC.

This is a very short Readers Digest, just a glimpse into what I have experienced and become aware of. I have made it abundantly clear to the former Public Safety Minister(s) and now Ralph Goodale and his boss Trudeau, that I will uphold the basic rights that have been stolen from me by taking the onus of educating our allies.

So I ask you, if you were an American government agent and became aware of these details (with proof I haven't outlined here), how would you view Canada? Would you trust the Canadian authorities to honour the NAFTA agreement and do their part to minimize security harm to your country, or would you assume they are operating in an unsavory fashion behind your back?

Sorry for the length, but this fight has me angry and determined.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:54 pm

"Faith Goldy of TheRebel.media notes that the U.S Senate is holding hearings about Trudeau's reckless Syrian refugee policy -- as they should! She serves up the facts and stats about the Liberal Party's troubling migrant fast-tracking operation. The trouble? Canadians can't access a lot of basic information any easier than you can."

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:16 pm

These Syrians wont pose a threat since they are vetted and primarily from what I understand women ad children, and/or families. So no single 18 year old males who might be easily influenced and or sleeper cells.

The fact is, America is starting to question Canada, and that's ok by me as far too many have been given a free pass when they should be accountable, this is in regards to the police. As I told one American, if Canada isn't going to respect the Charter of Rights and Freedoms when dealing with their own citizens, and the government isn't going to hold agencies to account, why would Canadian authorities show any concern for American businesses or even the lives of Americans?

Trudeau has a golden opportunity to change are image, and he has a clear mandate. The problem is, no government in my lifetime has shown any courage in standing up to the RCMP et al.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:52 pm

$1:
Toronto lawyer outlines security risks of Syrian refugees to U.S. lawmakers

Three Canadians spoke at Wednesday's senate hearing, including Guidy Mamann, a Toronto immigration lawyer who has raised some concerns about the refugee plan.

"I'm pretty concerned," he said. "I think the pace at which we're going might be a bit too much, which causes unique challenges for us."

Mamann is a senior partner at Mamann, Sandaluk & Kingwell, LLC. He said there are about 14 million refugees worldwide from previous conflicts, which have been going on for years.

He questioned why Sudanese, Rwandan, Congolese and other people escaping war in their countries did not receive the same treatment from Canada as Syrians.

"There are people in our office waiting for years," Mamann said Friday on CBC Radio's Metro Morning. "Why is somebody being allowed to jump ahead of the line?"

He told the hearing that the urgency at which the Canadian government is processing refugees is not warranted.

"This is not a rescue mission. This is a resettlement mission," he said. "The people we are helping have already
escaped the conflict zone and have already reached safety in Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey. We are only
relocating them and offering them permanent resettlement. We are making no attempt, whatsoever, to
rescue people who are actually in Syria and who are in imminent danger."

Security risk?

Mamann argued to the U.S. lawmakers that there are risks Canada was taking with accepting so many refugees so fast. One of his arguments is that it's very difficult to vet the Syrian refugees for potential security risks.

"We have no Canadian personnel in Syrian who can confirm these things," he said. "The information we have access to is old and unreliable."

He said many of the refugees in the world share Canadian values, and don't have opposition to role of women or gay, lesbian or transsexual people in society. He suggested refugees from the Middle East have that opposition.

He also agreed there is a threat of terrorism with Syrian refugees.

"When compared to other large groups of refugees, one could easily argue that this group represents a relatively higher-risk demographic. Syria is widely considered to be a major hotbed of international terror," he said.

He emphasized that he is not saying Canada will see 25,000 terrorists. But the risk of terror is there.

"Large parts of [Syria] are controlled by ISIS which, sadly, enjoys some considerable local support," he went on. "Virtually the entire country supports one of the three warring factions. All three groups have been associated with assorted atrocities and violations of human rights."

Canada's target is to accept 50,000 refugees from the millions displaced by the Syrian conflict.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/p ... -1.3434236

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:43 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
border controls with Canada will have to be severely tightened if Canada insists on bringing in 25,000 to 100,000 virtually unscreened immigrants

Again more right wing bullshit. They're not "virtually unscreened." In fact it's the exact opposite, this class of traveller is the MOST screened.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:22 am

Not sure why people are frightened by refugees when 80,000 - 90,000 unscreened people arrive daily at Canadian airports (more than a million arrive at US airports daily, unscreened). If a terrorist wanted in, they'd just fly as a tourist and disappear. They wouldn't go to the trouble of going through the whole refugee process. But don't let facts and common sense get in the way of the hatefest.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:13 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
Not sure why people are frightened by refugees when 80,000 - 90,000 unscreened people arrive daily at Canadian airports (more than a million arrive at US airports daily, unscreened). If a terrorist wanted in, they'd just fly as a tourist and disappear. They wouldn't go to the trouble of going through the whole refugee process. But don't let facts and common sense get in the way of the hatefest.

You couldn't be more wrong.

It's a new record, even for you.

Years ago, ever flight to the US must provide full manifests.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_P ... ion_System

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroni ... horization

Everyone else, get a visa.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:25 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
border controls with Canada will have to be severely tightened if Canada insists on bringing in 25,000 to 100,000 virtually unscreened immigrants

Again more right wing bullshit. They're not "virtually unscreened." In fact it's the exact opposite, this class of traveller is the MOST screened.

Doris Matsui is a progressive Democrat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doris_Matsui

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:07 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:

All it'll take is "one" and the lunatics will be vilified.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:14 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
fifeboy fifeboy:

All it'll take is "one" and the lunatics will be vilified.

??? Explain please.