Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2015-07-07 12:58:52
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:29 pm

Hilarious. You folks get to deal with a special protected group that's intent on carrying out an ethnic cleansing policy on their highly exclusive lands where they openly practice racial discrimination with the general approval of the left and the government.

Yet the Serbs were wrong for doing the same thing.

[popcorn]

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:13 pm

IMHO we should have let the tanks roll into that place and been done with this shit 20 years ago....

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:01 pm

$1:
“My genuine fear is that … I could meet a white girl and end up off (Kahnawake’s) list,” said Christopher Fragnito, a Kahnawake Mohawk and one of the plaintiffs.

So if he marries a black girl or a latina he gets to stay?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:30 pm

QBall QBall:
$1:
“My genuine fear is that … I could meet a white girl and end up off (Kahnawake’s) list,” said Christopher Fragnito, a Kahnawake Mohawk and one of the plaintiffs.

So if he marries a black girl or a latina he gets to stay?

I'm guessing he already has a European girl in mind. :idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:29 pm

It's time the Fed's finally grew a pair WRT the natives and their outrageous racial cleansing policies. If the Fed's cave on this one it's carte blanche for any other bands to implement policies that are in direct contravention of this Countries Charter or Rights and Freedoms, a document that strangely enough the Natives use for their own advantage and dismiss when it doesn't suit their agendas.

Come to think of it this band is nothing but a Gov't funded group of racists something that would be illegal and shit on immediately if it was anyone but these extremely special people.

Maybe groups like the Klan should be applying for Gov't funds since there doesn't seem to be a standard when it comes to giving money to blatant racists. ROTFL

Last edited by Freakinoldguy on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:32 pm

This doesn't solve much, since the non-abo partners would not be on the band list. Ie the band may not be able to remove status for aboriginals, but their non-abo partners can't be made band members by the govt, afaik.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:37 pm

andyt andyt:
This doesn't solve much, since the non-abo partners would not be on the band list. Ie the band may not be able to remove status for aboriginals, but their non-abo partners can't be made band members by the govt, afaik.

You're right but I don't think that's the issue here. Nobody expects non natives married to natives to be given status but by the same token nobody expects in Canada to be denied the right to live with your spouse on their reserve because he or she is not a Mohawk.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:40 pm

Seems like they took what was originally an entirely sensible anti-squatter policy and turned it into some kind of ethnic cleansing opportunity. Other reserves have done this too. The Tsuu Tina's here outside of Calgary inherited the base housing when the Chretien Liberals shut down CFB Calgary. The band council had to do something similar to what the Mohawks are doing when the housing got filled up with street people from downtown and other Natives that weren't Tsuu Tina's. They didn't go as far as evicting married couples but they didn't take any crap from the interlopers either.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:41 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
andyt andyt:

You're right but I don't think that's the issue here. Nobody expects non natives married to natives to be given status but by the same token nobody expects in Canada to be denied the right to live with your spouse on their reserve because he or she is not a Mohawk.

Well the question still is if they can kick out the non-abo partner, and I'm not at all sure the govt has anything to say there.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:56 pm

How nice of the feds. They did such a good job in the past defining who has status and who doesn't.
Could end up a total abortion...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:31 pm

andyt andyt:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
andyt andyt:

Well the question still is if they can kick out the non-abo partner, and I'm not at all sure the govt has anything to say there.

Once again a document drafted by lawyers for lawyers has led to a major fuck up with regards to personal rights and the Charter.

$1:
Main article: Aboriginal self-government in Canada

$1:
The question of how the Charter applies to Aboriginals and Aboriginal government has involved section 25. On the one hand, it has been argued that Aboriginal governments are not bound by the Charter. If section 35 includes a right to self-government, and section 25 ensures Aboriginal rights are not limited by the Charter, then section 25 would also guarantee that self-government is not limited by the Charter.[6] On the other hand, the Royal Commission on Aboriginal Peoples once argued that while section 25 guarantees the existence of self-government itself, the powers of such Aboriginal governments will be limited to respect the Charter rights of individual Aboriginals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_T ... d_Freedoms

With mentally deficient laws like these why am I not surprised that the Natives are doing whatever the fuck they want, with impunity. :roll: