canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:50 pm

The more important question is whether or not the guys will be allowed to shoot back in order to protect themselves and any defenseless civilians they're guarding, or if we're going back to the golden age of peacekeeping 1990's-style and the troops will have to stand down and let themselves be tied up in order not to offend the worst killers in the area. I genuinely believe now that Trudeau is such a lightweight when it comes to complex issues that he'd be the kind of genuinely clueless social liberal to ask out loud "why do our guys have guns anyway? are they a bunch of racists or something?". :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:01 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BRAH BRAH:
So what? You're okay with Canadian Soldiers being under UN control by the way how did Rwanda turn out? Oh wait never mind you will just spin it into another TDS rant.

Yeah I’m ok with Canadian troops on UN missions we’ve been doing it for almost 70 years now. Or did you not know that?

....or you did not no about Rwanda

... Somalia (need I say more), Bosnia (no peace to keep, there), Suez (we were expelled from there), Cypress (30 years and no peace), Gaza/Golan (the last stable peace was early in the Bronze Age), Vietnam...REALLY!). So much show and do little to show for it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:14 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
So much show and do little to show for it.

Hey now, don't be a cynic. All that peacekeeping interference in local tribal disputes that we had zero chance of stopping has successfully allowed an endless succession of Canadian governments, all of whom (Liberal and Tory alike) who've starved our military to the point of not being able to function, to get up to the podium at the UN to crow about how "good Canada is". Join the military and you better get ready to be used as a prop by our own politicians to create the most disingenous goody-two-shoes headlines and stories for the Canadian media that doesn't give a damn about what happens to the soldiers either.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:36 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:

....or you did not no about Rwanda

What do you think you ‘no’ about Rwanda? I’ve actually been there and seen the stacks of skulls in the genocide museum in Kigali (I guess the memorial to white farmers who had to give some of their land to the government must be in a different genocide museum)

But I’m curious to hear you express in your own words what exactly is your concern in that regard anyway? Can you elaborate?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Thanos Thanos:
The more important question is whether or not the guys will be allowed to shoot back in order to protect themselves and any defenseless civilians they're guarding, or if we're going back to the golden age of peacekeeping 1990's-style and the troops will have to stand down and let themselves be tied up in order not to offend the worst killers in the area. I genuinely believe now that Trudeau is such a lightweight when it comes to complex issues that he'd be the kind of genuinely clueless social liberal to ask out loud "why do our guys have guns anyway? are they a bunch of racists or something?". :?

Looks like you have already answered your own question.

No shooting back. At all.

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
...or you did not no about Rwanda

... Somalia (need I say more), Bosnia (no peace to keep, there), Suez (we were expelled from there), Cypress (30 years and no peace), Gaza/Golan (the last stable peace was early in the Bronze Age), Vietnam...REALLY!). So much show and do little to show for it.

Oh and guess what, no peace to keep in Mali either...

https://reliefweb.int/report/mali/mali- ... nuary-2018

I guess we need another 50,000 'refugees' to go and collect.

Thanos Thanos:
Join the military and you better get ready to be used as a prop by our own politicians to create the most disingenous goody-two-shoes headlines and stories for the Canadian media that doesn't give a damn about what happens to the soldiers either.

:? :?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:10 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BRAH BRAH:
So what? You're okay with Canadian Soldiers being under UN control by the way how did Rwanda turn out? Oh wait never mind you will just spin it into another TDS rant.

Yeah I’m ok with Canadian troops on UN missions we’ve been doing it for almost 70 years now. Or did you not know that?

You were okay with Canadian Peacekeepers being taken hostage during their mission in Bosnia? Peacekeeping under UN control is a Leftist dream which PMJT fully embraces because "Canada is Back!"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:49 pm

BRAH BRAH:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BRAH BRAH:

You were okay with Canadian Peacekeepers being taken hostage during their mission in Bosnia? Peacekeeping under UN control is a Leftist dream which PMJT fully embraces because "Canada is Back!"

Funny, the general in charge of that Bosnia mission is a failed Conservative politician

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:07 pm

Lewis McKenzie is a good man and was a good general. Just like Romeo Dallaire in Rwanda he was incessantly handcuffed by both the Chretien government in Canada and by the limousine-riding class of diplomats at the UN from being able to do much of anything to either stop the killings in Bosnia or effectively protect civilians on more than a temporary basis. His mistake after leaving the military was getting talking into running for the old PC's by Jean "two seats" Charest back when the vote was consistently being split with the Reform Party. The overall conservative-leaning vote back then was over 22000 ballots pretty much evenly split between the PC's and Reform but the Liberal won with around 17000. After party unification Tony Clement won the riding four times in a row.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:10 pm

Thanos Thanos:
So much show and do little to show for it.

Hey now, don't be a cynic. All that peacekeeping interference in local tribal disputes that we had zero chance of stopping has successfully allowed an endless succession of Canadian governments, all of whom (Liberal and Tory alike) who've starved our military to the point of not being able to function, to get up to the podium at the UN to crow about how "good Canada is". Join the military and you better get ready to be used as a prop by our own politicians to create the most disingenous goody-two-shoes headlines and stories for the Canadian media that doesn't give a damn about what happens to the soldiers either.

I was in Mr.Trudeau's Navy. Je me souviens.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:13 pm

Then you've more than earned the right to shake your head in perpetuity at the civilian "leadership" of this stupid self-satisfied country. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:21 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BRAH BRAH:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Funny, the general in charge of that Bosnia mission is a failed Conservative politician

Canadians rarely elect military men. Garneau and Sajjan are real exceptions. The last one that I can remember was Barney Danson, who landed in Normandy with the Queen's Own Rifles. There must have been others, since but they don't stand out in my memory. We have no tradition in our country of trying to turn our military leadership into political ones, as the Americans have done throughout their history.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:22 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Then you've more than earned the right to shake your head in perpetuity at the civilian "leadership" of this stupid self-satisfied country. :|

It upsets the shit out of me, sometimes.

Our history has been a little too easy of late and we're fat, weak and smug.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:48 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

But I’m curious to hear you express in your own words what exactly is your concern in that regard anyway? Can you elaborate?

Two letters...UN.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:48 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BRAH BRAH:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

There's nothing funny about his career.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:51 pm

Thanos Thanos:

It upsets the shit out of me, sometimes.

Our history has been a little too easy of late and we're fat, weak and smug.

Ripe for the picking, some would say.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  Next