canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:40 am

Title: Canada should help Holocaust denier on trial in Germany: civil liberties group
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2018-07-18 06:34:35
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:40 am

I remember this lady from when I lived in Jasper. She was a nutbar back then too. You'd think being the daughter of German immigrants, she'd know better.

But I agree. She should have the right to say anything she wants. Then the whole world can find out what a nutbar she is.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:37 am

We should help. Help them pick out a nice cell.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:47 am

She may be a nutbar but there are alot of people who think the same way and just because they don't want to believe that 6 million lives were extinguished because of their religious beliefs we still shouldn't be giving them the grand stage to espouse their vile beliefs on and making them martyrs to their cause.

Nobody should be charged for just speaking their beliefs no matter how warped they are because, if we start censoring peoples right to speak out no matter how vile and politically incorrect it happens to be, we run the risk of becoming as morally bankrupt as them.

What we have to do is ensure these clowns are exposed for what they are. Village idiots or some the most ill informed, warped and twisted apologists the world has ever seen.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:56 am

Holocaust deniers are best left in the open where they can be debated and then ignored when they can't prove their claims.

Forcing them off into the shadows and also providing them with martyrs reinforces their argument and attracts supporters to their 'cause'.

Far better to leave these people alone than to help them by persecuting them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:10 am

The law was a byproduct of the collective shame of being complicit in one of the most horrific chapters of the 20th century.

I get why Germany did it, you shouldn't be able to deny the industrialized murder genocide the Nazi's committed. I don't think its something we should ever be allowed to forget. There is a powerful lesson there.

That said, I agree it is a form of censorship. It's tough, do we outlaw the denial of the murder of millions and hopefully never forget that lesson, and infringe on someone's right to express themselves, or declare it in the realm of free-speech and allow the propagation of the revisionism many of us hate so much.

I think sometimes a little evil must be committed to achieve a greater good. She should be charged with denying the Holocaust.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:27 am

This is such bullshit:

$1:
The civil liberties association says Germany's law against Holocaust denial is contrary to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, which was ratified by Canada in 1976.

The United Nations Human Rights Committee has interpreted the covenant to be incompatible with laws that penalize the expression of opinions about historical facts, it says.

"The covenant does not permit general prohibition of expressions of an erroneous opinion or an incorrect interpretation of past events," the human-rights committee has said, according to the letter.

There is no Holocaust denier out there, period, who's doing this because they're "merely" mistaken or because they read something the "wrong" way. As a group every single one of them is a rabid Jew-hater doing it on purpose because they think that Hitler was right. Pretty much every single one of them would have willingly volunteered to work at a death camp if they'd been around back then.

Fuck them. If they're dumb enough to pull this crap in Germany then let German law hammer them as hard as possible. If this twat gets four years in a German prison for this then good, because it'll be the only punishment for being an open and enthusiastic supporter of genocide that she'll ever receive. The Canadian government should absolutely NOT go riding to the rescue of rotten cretins like this.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:48 pm

It's not anything I care to fight about but the fact of the matter remains that the "official" accounts of the Holocaust that several countries have conflicts with what the Holocaust Museum (Yad Vashem) has proven to be true or false.

Like the story that the Germans rendered Jews into soap is untrue but in Germany it's a crime to say this even if you're a Holocaust survivor.

It's also true that several of the buildings at the death camps are not original structures but instead are recreations that were built after the war. It might be true and it's okay to say this in Israel, but it's a crime to say it in Germany. Seems to be the truth might be a crime in Canada, too.

And that's wrong.

The Truth is what matters here. Not someone's dogmatic version of it that has to be protected by laws.

The Truth doesn't need to be protected. Only lies needs to be protected.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:24 pm

Why is it a crime to deny the holocaust?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:48 pm

Coach85 Coach85:

Because it's the first major stepping stone towards another attempted genocide of the Jews.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:34 pm

Coach85 Coach85:

It's under the well-meaning but misguided guise of prohibiting hate speech.

But the perverse result of it is that if you differ from the official "six million Jews" figure you can face criminal prosecution.

Even if you have proof that it was even more than six million who died.

That's the part that's batshit insane to me.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:12 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Coach85 Coach85:

Because it's the first major stepping stone towards another attempted genocide of the Jews.

That’s ludicrous.

This isn’t a crime. This isn’t a hate crime.

9/11 truthers are no more likely to fly planes into buildings than some old nut job will be the next Hitler from his or her seniors residence.

Such a sad thing our world has become where it’s actuallt a crime to be a fuckin’ moron.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:26 pm

They're not morons, compared to the 9/11 nuts. The Holocaust deniers are actually quite skilled agitators. Even if their primary goal of achieving another genocide isn't plausible due to Israel being too heavily armed they're still able to keep the ancient hatred of Jews alive and well to plague each succeeding generation.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:18 pm

This is a case of when in Rome do as the Romans do. Obey the laws of the country that you are visiting. Its legal for me to fire up the old peace pipe after work where I live. President Duterte has called for the execution of drug users in the Philippines. If I were vacationing in the Philippines, you could bet your ass that I would NOT be smoking any weed!!! I also do not spit on the sidewalks or chew gum in Singapore. I am tired of hearing from people who break the laws while traveling abroad, and than want their home country to make it an international incident. If this woman knowingly broke the laws about Holocaust denial in Germany, than screw her!!! She knowingly brought this on herself. Whatever punishment Germany meets out is fine with me. She made her bed, let her lay in it. She should get no special help from Canada (or anyone else) whatsoever. If you want to be dumb, than you better be tough.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Coach85 Coach85:
That’s ludicrous.

This isn’t a crime. This isn’t a hate crime.

Then go tell the German government that.