Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:36 pm

Excello was the original name before it was bought and renamed Diemaco.

I shall make enquiries about the militia units. I suspect 3 RCR from Wolsley was one. The militia MP unit herabouts was disarmed as well. Reality is a bitch.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:50 am

sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
Excello was the original name before it was bought and renamed Diemaco.
No... Diemaco was the original name, it was bought, and changed to Colt Canada.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:51 am

Really! Then these cheque stubs are really valuable then. I should put them on E-bay.......

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:33 pm

So this is all hearsay.

The few C7's held by those units wouldn't be needed for a Regular unit to deploy with considering the tens of thousands held in stock unissued. A simple math check based on the number of serving CF since 1986 (when the C7 ws adopted) to now would discount such a rumour in itself.

FWIW, 3 RCR isn't a Reserve unit.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:09 pm

Tricks: Diemaco did make the C7. That's who the contract was awarded to and who the cheques were made out to. That's who was credited with it, and who is acknowledged world wide to have made it. Whatever it was called before is immaterial when discussing who built the rifle.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:21 pm

we get alot of scrap military items from other countries.. copters and ships they threw out.... but then oh ya we pay for them ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:36 pm

SprCForr SprCForr:
Tricks: Diemaco did make the C7. That's who the contract was awarded to and who the cheques were made out to. That's who was credited with it, and who is acknowledged world wide to have made it. Whatever it was called before is immaterial when discussing who built the rifle.
I know, but he seems to think it was called "Excello." It was called Diemaco at the time of the deployment, so I am trying to figure out where this Excello bullshit comes from. As of now it is called Colt Canada. Might not have been clear how I said it.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:32 pm

SprCForr SprCForr:
Every Regular Force soldier on reporting to their unit is assigned a personal weapon. They keep that weapon for the duration of the posting to that unit for their exclusive use, unless assigned a different type of weapon (i.e. C8 or C9). Each Regular Force unit keeps a surplus of personal weapons, to the point where they can issue up to 1.5 times their establishment. Doesn't matter the trade or the role. There is no requirement for a Reserve unit to give up their personal weapons to a Regular unit so that the Regular unit can deploy. They just don't need them. C7's are as common as dirt.

Which unit was alledgedly playing with sticks? Never heard of this Excello. Diemaco made the C7's and sold it to Colt, unless this Excello supplies a component of some kind.

Hell, even us hairy bags are tripping over C7's, C8's etc etc.

Every ship has a few dozen, plus C9s, C8s, MP5s, Sigs, 50s. shotguns and with a heli det, C6s. Add onto that what the base itself holds.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:06 pm

Tricks Tricks:
SprCForr SprCForr:
I know, but he seems to think it was called "Excello." It was called Diemaco at the time of the deployment, so I am trying to figure out where this Excello bullshit comes from. As of now it is called Colt Canada. Might not have been clear how I said it.

Oh you were quite clear. Diemaco did make the rifles. Claiming otherwise is incorrect. Whatever it was called prior to being sold to Diemaco is immaterial. It would be like saying a GM is actually Rapid Motor Vehicle Company and RMVC produces GMC trucks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:23 pm

SprCForr SprCForr:
Tricks Tricks:
SprCForr SprCForr:

Oh you were quite clear. Diemaco did make the rifles. Claiming otherwise is incorrect. Whatever it was called prior to being sold to Diemaco is immaterial. It would be like saying a GM is actually Rapid Motor Vehicle Company and RMVC produces GMC trucks.
I can't tell if you're disagreeing... I'm so lost ROTFL

Sas, you have been a little inconsistent. You said Excello was an engineering firm, then you said it was a firearms company. You seemed to think that "Excello" would manufacture the barrels? Which one is it?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:30 pm

I'm agreeing with you. It's Diemaco.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:37 pm

SprCForr SprCForr:
I'm agreeing with you. It's Diemaco.
*phew* :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:45 am

That firm was for the longest time involved in all manner of manufacture....especially precision aluminum castings which require no machining.
The critical resource was to produce precision aluminum castings. The barrel production technology was the real development.
Just because a firm manufactures firearms does not mean it is a firearms company anymore than Pratt&Whitney is/was.
Pratt & Whitney produced the machinery for Colts and Winchester. Mass production of interchangeable parts was what made the US an industrial leader. Later this enabled the mass production of internal combustion engines, and aircraft.
What made Mr. Colt's pistol was not it's design but how it was made.
Haven't made any progress with the reserves......time and tide....no long associate with them....I firmly recall their complaints about loosing their C7's. I am glad that has been remedied.

Yeah the LAVs initially were built by GM Diesel Canada, at the Oxford St. plant. I suppose that is fiction now that that division has been sold to General Dynamics---- salute---that's two american generals. BTW the LAV's are a Swiss design by MOWAG.

Last edited by sasquatch2 on Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:53 am

What the hell are you talking about? You're just trying to cover up you're own BS.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:10 am

Tricks Posted:

$1:
What the hell are you talking about? You're just trying to cover up you're own BS.

Now which BS is that---I await proof not conjecture.