canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:41 pm

Title: Canadian military to review uniforms, badges, ceremonies to ensure it is welcoming to women, minorities
Category: Military
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2018-04-24 11:33:35
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:41 pm

More social engineering of a captive group who can't fight back by the Liberal Party of Canada.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:37 pm

Quote:
• “Review current dress, badges, flags, music, lineages, affiliations, drill and ceremonial, etc. and ensure these customs complement and expand towards a more diverse and inclusive national military institution

Well, considering all the trimmings were created by and for hetero mostly White men,

the new directive should ensure the destruction of just about all of it.

Finishing what Daddy started, that's the Tater way.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:22 pm

Replace those little bits of chain mail on some shoulder epilets with some nice Belgian lace, in memory of Flanders.

I guess that the kilts done, eh? Most Canadians think that "Scottish Warrior" is Willie the Gardener.

Last edited by Jabberwalker on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:27 pm

Freakinoldguy wrote:
More social engineering of a captive group who can't fight back by the Liberal Party of Canada.

Why is that “social engineering” compared to other uniform designs?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:08 pm

Attachment:
blue-clear-bubble-soccer.jpg
blue-clear-bubble-soccer.jpg [ 230.17 KiB | Viewed 3 times ]

How about this for a new uniform? It is unisex so as to not offend any gender. It comes in numerous colors so everyone gets their choice. The spacious bubble insures that everyone has their own personal safe space, they can take it with them everywhere they go. It could also double as a personal flotation device for the swabbies. As for awards, who needs them? We do not want to single anyone out. Everyone should be equal. Lets just do away with rank while we are at it. Everyone should get a participation award simply for enlisting, even if they do not finish boot camp. Hey they tried right, isn't that the important thing?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:48 pm

Burka BDU's comming soon!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:20 am

BeaverFever wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:

Why is that “social engineering” compared to other uniform designs?

Because other uniform designs were made to serve a purpose that either helped protect the wearer or instilled more Esprit Des Corps and a sense of history for the wearers.

Well, except for the Bus driver uniforms that alien abduction loving lunatic Paul Hellyer dream't up to avenge the lack of respect he got as a lowly Corporal in the Army. :roll:

This "inclusiveness dress" is nothing more than a military version of the inclusiveness politics the Liberals are playing with the rest of the country. Giving specific personnel different or altered uniforms to distinguish them from their comrades is nothing more than a sop to the social justice warriors who will never wear or never understand the real purposes of a uniform and will become a catalyst in the disruption of unit cohesion and could lead to breakdown of military discipline.

Playing "animal farm" with the military is a very dangerous thing to do unless of course your real intent is to break it apart.

BTW I saw this same shit in the late 90's where the Liberals mandated 20% of he military must be women and visible minorities. Sorry to say that didn't work out to well for them even with all the ad's the special treatment, the lowering of standards and the Liberal parties most fervent wishes. And do you know why it didn't work. It didn't work because you can't force people to join the military just to fill your social justice quota's and this latest attempt to make the military more inclusive by giving them special uniforms is just more of the same crap.

People who want to join the military do it for alot of reasons but being centered out by wearing a special uniform isn't one of them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:00 am

Fortunately, it ain't just us.

The British Army is in really bad shape. It's a joke.

British army now has more than 17,000 troops unfit to fight in all theatres with just 60,000 soldiers available for action - fewer than Poland or Spain

7,000 soldiers among the 77,467 men and women labelled as 'non-deployable'
Another 10,000 men and women are deemed 'medically limited deployable'
Deployable force is below that of Spain and Poland, which both have 77,500
UK forces are on deployment on 11 operations including in Iraq and Afghanistan

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z5DgGyZKvH

Good thing they have nukes. Us, not so much.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:02 pm

Quote:
instilled more Esprit Des Corps and a sense of history for the wearers.

Hiw is that not “social engineering”? The above is just another way of saying “telling people what to wear in order to influence their mood and opinions and promote a certain version of history? “

My only point is : it’s all “social engineering”. Since the first human communities. It’s ridiculous to suggest some ceremonial military garb is “social engineering” and others aren’t.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:22 pm

BeaverFever wrote:
Quote:

Hiw is that not “social engineering”? The above is just another way of saying “telling people what to wear in order to influence their mood and opinions and promote a certain version of history? “

My only point is : it’s all “social engineering”. Since the first human communities. It’s ridiculous to suggest some ceremonial military garb is “social engineering” and others aren’t.

It's social engineering designed for a specific purpose and is used to instill a group mentality plain and simple. What's happening now is social engineering designed to accommodate the lowest common denominator and make some personnel "different but equal" to others. And for the record it won't work now just like it didn't work before when they mandated that Sikhs could wear turbans, natives could wear long hair and women could serve at sea. There was no great rush to beat down the doors by any of these groups that the gov't had tried so hard to accommodate by giving them special privileges.

So, my statement stands about animal farming the military by people who will never wear a uniform or understand the mindset that being one, in dress, thought, tradition and purpose bring.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:01 pm

Freakinoldguy wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
Quote:

It's social engineering designed for a specific purpose and is used to instill a group mentality plain and simple. What's happening now is social engineering designed to accommodate the lowest common denominator and make some personnel "different but equal" to others. And for the record it won't work now just like it didn't work before when they mandated that Sikhs could wear turbans, natives could wear long hair and women could serve at sea. There was no great rush to beat down the doors by any of these groups that the gov't had tried so hard to accommodate by giving them special privileges.

So, my statement stands about animal farming the military by people who will never wear a uniform or understand the mindset that being one, in dress, thought, tradition and purpose bring.

So, I was in the Navy in the 1970's just after the unification. The old Navy "blues" were a bit fiddly, a bit too British and were sort of obsolete. The wool great coats were really good in winter. The work dungerees were vastly superior to anything that has yet to replaced them. The downside is that they were natural cotton fabric and therefore required a bit of effort to keep them looking reasonable. Lots of upsides to that cotton, though. It breathes better and feels good on your skin. It doesn't catch fire. It smolders when it's dry but if you have to fight a fire in polyester, you run the real risk of bursting into a petrochemical-fuelled blaze, yourself. Cotton dungerees, wetted by a fog nozzle are like armour against that fire that you MUST fight. Also, polyester traps grease, oil, DIESEL and it binds with the fibre and you never seem to get rid of it rubbing against your skin. It's hot when you're hot and fecking cold when it's cold. It keeps it's "press" though but that isn't a good trade off for me. I had an old, blue cotyon RCN boiler suit that I lived in. The Chief ERAs hated the greens too and never bothered me for it.

The "Seven-Up delivery man green" dress uniform was ... inert. The idea of wearing rifles green on a ship didn't bother young me. It was a really easy uniform to maintain and you didn't have to spend hours ironing to keep from getting into shit. If you were "guards" or shore patrol, you still wore the traditional naval white gaiters and webbing over it, anyway. The berets were a definite inmprovement over the old Seaman's "port-and-starboard cap. The peaked cap was okay ... not distinctly of any service, although the anchor crest was a dead give-away. We had ball caps, too but they were crap and identical to the one that the guy driving his combine in Saskatchewan was wearing. We wore our berets. The modern Navy does the identification part far better than what we were issued, way back at the height of the Cold War.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:21 am

Jabberwalker wrote:

So, I was in the Navy in the 1970's just after the unification. The old Navy "blues" were a bit fiddly, a bit too British and were sort of obsolete. The wool great coats were really good in winter. The work dungerees were vastly superior to anything that has yet to replaced them. The downside is that they were natural cotton fabric and therefore required a bit of effort to keep them looking reasonable. Lots of upsides to that cotton, though. It breathes better and feels good on your skin. It doesn't catch fire. It smolders when it's dry but if you have to fight a fire in polyester, you run the real risk of bursting into a petrochemical-fuelled blaze, yourself. Cotton dungerees, wetted by a fog nozzle are like armour against that fire that you MUST fight. Also, polyester traps grease, oil, DIESEL and it binds with the fibre and you never seem to get rid of it rubbing against your skin. It's hot when you're hot and fecking cold when it's cold. It keeps it's "press" though but that isn't a good trade off for me. I had an old, blue cotyon RCN boiler suit that I lived in. The Chief ERAs hated the greens too and never bothered me for it.

The "Seven-Up delivery man green" dress uniform was ... inert. The idea of wearing rifles green on a ship didn't bother young me. It was a really easy uniform to maintain and you didn't have to spend hours ironing to keep from getting into shit. If you were "guards" or shore patrol, you still wore the traditional naval white gaiters and webbing over it, anyway. The berets were a definite inmprovement over the old Seaman's "port-and-starboard cap. The peaked cap was okay ... not distinctly of any service, although the anchor crest was a dead give-away. We had ball caps, too but they were crap and identical to the one that the guy driving his combine in Saskatchewan was wearing. We wore our berets. The modern Navy does the identification part far better than what we were issued, way back at the height of the Cold War.

I wore the square rig when I joined in the late 60's and still have my #2's minus the Scully hanging in my closet along with the Navy Black uniform medals, badges and black gaiters included that I wore when I got out. I've also got my silk, lanyard and 2 collars with the creases still ironed in. But, when I went to put in on a couple of years ago it had shrunk so badly that I couldn't even get the jumper over my shoulders and the pants looked like they'd fit a 12 year old boy. 8O

That green abomination was burned when we went back to a distinctive Naval uniform so you're preaching to the choir but, unless my mind is shot unification was Feb 01 1968 not in the 70's.

Back on topic. Unfortunately this uniform change is being done for a much more nefarious purpose and has nothing to do with Esprit Des Corp and everything to do with accommodating minorities by making them feel special in the vain hope they'll join the military and make it the multicultural, multisexual, tolerant, peacekeeping group of Boy Scouts that Jean Chretien wanted rather than the warriors they're really trained to be. All this policy is going to do is create equal but separate groups within the military based on race, religion and sexual orientation while diminishing any real hard earned medals, awards and uniform accouterments.

That does not bode well for unit cohesion.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:18 am

The Unification was in 1968. As I recall, the Greens didn't reach the Navy until, maybe, around the time that they paid off the Bonnie in 1970 but I could easily be wrong.

It was a half century ago, man!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:20 am

Freakinoldguy wrote:
It's social engineering designed for a specific purpose and is used to instill a group mentality plain and simple. What's happening now is social engineering designed to accommodate the lowest common denominator and make some personnel "different but equal" to others.

Ok so you’re ok with “social engineering” as long as its for an agenda you agree with.

On a technical point, “lowest common denominator” isn’t the right term here. That term applies to something that is universally shared by everyone. For example, writing instructions in simple language so that it can be easily understood by everyone would be “appealing to the lowest common denominator”. Catering to minorities who are different from the rest of society is the opposite of appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Quote:
And for the record it won't work now just like it didn't work before when they mandated that Sikhs could wear turbans, natives could wear long hair and women could serve at sea. There was no great rush to beat down the doors by any of these groups that the gov't had tried so hard to accommodate by giving them special privileges.

Yeah I don’t imagine there would be, the inclination towards social/cultural non-conformity doesn’t naturally group with the inclination towards military service. I think you’ll never have more than the odd exception who requests accommodation.

That said, I see cops in turbans all the time in Toronto, nobody seems to notice or care anymore although I imagine it was a big deal at the time it was first introduced. RCMP has allowed turbans since 1990. It was a national controversy at the time but nearly 30 years later nobody cares.

Quote:

Let’s see what exactly the change is. It might not be as drastic as you think.