canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:24 am

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=18945" target="_blank">Canadian with HIV found guilty of assault for not warning lovers...</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=News_Links&file=category&catid=18" target="_blank">Law & Order</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=bossdog" target="_blank">bossdog</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-02-09 00:31:21
<strong>Canadian</strong>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:24 am

- unprotected sex in this day and age!
- then he tests positive and still has unprotected sex!
- "neuter him" and it won't happen again!
- that's attempted murder -

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:09 am

I feel bad for the women. 30 minutes of fun turned into a life sentence of hell.

Very illresponsible of the fella.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:24 pm

the guy lives in my city(regina,sk)...and to this very day(at least before he was remanded) he still hits the nightclubs and still hits on unsuspecting women...i really do feel sorry for his wife

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:50 pm

wolfwithin wolfwithin:

Agreed. He knew he was HIV positive and still did this. Attempted, fucking murder, he needs to be shot!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:53 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
wolfwithin wolfwithin:

Agreed. He knew he was HIV positive and still did this. Attempted, fucking murder, he needs to be shot!

Concur.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:56 pm

Attempted? If they got it, it's murder.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:13 pm

Tricks Tricks:

not in the eyes of the canadian legal system...still only aggravated sexual assault

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:17 pm

Tricks Tricks:

It's murder if they die from it. They could get hit by a car.

The question I have is that so far he's been charged with aggravated sexual assault, but what happens if the women DO die from it? Does that result in a new charge of murder? Or has jeopardy been attached? Honest questions, I don't know the answers.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:00 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
Tricks Tricks:

It's murder if they die from it. They could get hit by a car.

The question I have is that so far he's been charged with aggravated sexual assault, but what happens if the women DO die from it? Does that result in a new charge of murder? Or has jeopardy been attached? Honest questions, I don't know the answers.

no it cant be murder...if you get aids in this day and age theres med cocktails that can keep you alive and healthy for well over 20 years and perhaps even longer...if 2 punks and beat a person to death with a baseball bat and get only 2 years for manslaughter since they were to drunk to form intent...convicting someone for murder for only having sexual contact is a big stretch

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:21 pm

$1:
convicting someone for murder for only having sexual contact is a big stretch

But if you know fully that you have a disease that can kill people and spread it how is it not? It would be like getting diagnosed with SARS then purposely going around coughing on everyone. Perhaps you could say well it was the virus that killed them and not the person but you could also say if someone shoots someone else it was the bullet that killed them the person just fired it. In my mind it is the same thing and both are murder or at least manslaughter.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:19 pm

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
$1:
convicting someone for murder for only having sexual contact is a big stretch

But if you know fully that you have a disease that can kill people and spread it how is it not? It would be like getting diagnosed with SARS then purposely going around coughing on everyone. Perhaps you could say well it was the virus that killed them and not the person but you could also say if someone shoots someone else it was the bullet that killed them the person just fired it. In my mind it is the same thing and both are murder or at least manslaughter.

if we lived in the usa..perhaps..but not here....i know someone who has full blown aids and hes still alive to this very day..albeit a piss-poor quality of life but these meds can keep you going for 20 years at the minimum so once again is it murder? not really..i mean ideally anyone who has hiv and continues to have sex without being upfront is a total dirtbag in my opinion and should be looking at 10 years at the minimum but sadly the law here doesnt offer those provisions

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:06 am

$1:
if we lived in the usa..perhaps..but not here....i know someone who has full blown aids and hes still alive to this very day..albeit a piss-poor quality of life but these meds can keep you going for 20 years at the minimum so once again is it murder? not really..i mean ideally anyone who has hiv and continues to have sex without being upfront is a total dirtbag in my opinion and should be looking at 10 years at the minimum but sadly the law here doesnt offer those provisions

Yes but their life is essentially ruined and can never have sex again themselves or probably ever have children. What if you are only 20 when you get aids you could die at 40? I don't think aggravated assault is good enough because this isn't a one-time deal you have to live with these effects for your already shortened life. Anything less than manslaughter is a crime itself to me and people should be punished severely.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:29 pm

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
$1:

Yes but their life is essentially ruined and can never have sex again themselves or probably ever have children. What if you are only 20 when you get aids you could die at 40? I don't think aggravated assault is good enough because this isn't a one-time deal you have to live with these effects for your already shortened life. Anything less than manslaughter is a crime itself to me and people should be punished severely.

clog perhaps i'm just doing a bad job of communicating my point across..i dont agree with the law one little bit but its just the reality that you cant charge someone with a death thats going to happen 20 years down the road...if i have a bad cold and pass it to someone whos in their 90s and they die from it is that manslaughter? all the law permits is aggravated sexual assault