Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:30 pm

LMAO! Two more eco nuts falling off Gore's bandwagon. If Canada rescued the jerks I hope they were billed for expenses.

Too bad their school update lessons were not broadcast to the classroom kids for indoctrination 101.
:roll:

$1:
November 30, 2007

Warmist polar expedition was cancelled due to extreme cold

Thomas Lifson

You can't make stuff like this up. The snicker factor just keeps mounting over the antics of global warming alarmists. Patrick Condon of the Associated Press reported last March:

A North Pole expedition meant to bring attention to global warming was called off after one of the explorers got frostbite. The explorers, Ann Bancroft and Liv Arnesen, on Saturday called off what was intended to be a 530-mile trek across the Arctic Ocean after Arnesen suffered frostbite in three of her toes, and extreme cold temperatures drained the batteries in some of their electronic equipment.

"Ann said losing toes and going forward at all costs was never part of the journey," said Ann Atwood, who helped organize the expedition.

On Monday, the pair was at Canada's Ward Hunt Island, awaiting a plane to take them to Resolute, Canada, where they were to return to Minneapolis later this week.
While losing toes to frostbite is no joke, one has to wonder if these two publicity-seekers were undone by believing their own propaganda. Did visions of an ice-free North Pole lure them into pressing onward after some equipment was damaged? Extreme cold is to be expected if one is visiting polar regions, and presumably, as experienced polar trekkers, they brought along adequate gear. So why did they not abort the mission when they suffered gear problems?

And how many purportedly harmful carbon dioxide molecules were generated by the rescue airplane to be sent to save them from their folly?

I hope the two recover fully and come to realize that it can still be really, really cold in the arctic, no matter what Al Gore tells them.

The explorers had planned to call in regular updates to school groups by satellite phone, and had planned online posts with photographic evidence of global warming. In contrast to Bancroft's 1986 trek across the Arctic with fellow Minnesota explorer Will Steger, this time she and Arnesen were prepared to don body suits and swim through areas where polar ice has melted.
I hope they are now letting those school groups know that it is foolish to plan to swim in the Arctric beacuse it gets really, really cold there.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/200 ... cance.html

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:33 pm

xerxes xerxes:
I though the magic temperature to kill the beetles was around -40C no? If that's the same to kill a tree, do excuse the biological ignorance in that regard.
It would have to be cold enough for the frost to penetrate the bark,where the beetle larva is.Stretch's of minus 40 in the flathead and southern Alberta Castle regions on the US border might get 2 weeks of that a year. Even if there was a big freeze,you couldnt kill the google of beetles that would be in an infested section of pine.The weak would die,the strong would survive only to press on to new old pine stands.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:35 pm

ziggy ziggy:
xerxes xerxes:
I though the magic temperature to kill the beetles was around -40C no? If that's the same to kill a tree, do excuse the biological ignorance in that regard.
It would have to be cold enough for the frost to penetrate the bark,where the beetle larva is.Stretch's of minus 40 in the flathead and southern Alberta Castle regions on the US border might get 2 weeks of that a year. Even if there was a big freeze,you couldnt kill the google of beetles that would be in an infested section of pine.The weak would die,the strong would survive only to press on to new old pine stands.

Ah. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:36 pm

Anyone who thinks winter frost doesnt penetrate a tree should try and light a fire at -40 with the deadest wood you can find and use as much gasoline as possible. Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:37 pm

I just hope it gets very very very cold around Tronta, that will shut the Liberal GW's up real fast , just because its been warmer there the last couple of winters the idiots all believe we're going to hell in a hand basket.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:40 pm

mtbr mtbr:
I just hope it gets very very very cold around Tronta, that will shut the Liberal GW's up real fast , just because its been warmer there the last couple of winters the idiots all believe we're going to hell in a hand basket.

Pretty cold where I'm going next week. 8O

l
l
l
v

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:25 am

A nice cold winter out east and throughtout the midwest will haep Gas prices and spur on production. Let it freeze.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:24 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:
If it turns out to be so, then the AGW alarmists will quietly omit it from the graphs they keep on dredging up.

Don't you know it. :wink:

By 2010 their charts will look like this:

No it will be this in 2010
2007*
2008*
* cold anomalies caused by severe weather patterns due to global warming

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:09 pm

mtbr mtbr:
* cold anomalies caused by severe weather patterns due to global warming

Once again, we're back to AGW causing *all* weather and climate phenomena. :lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:23 pm

Pushing your own agenda there Bart?.....he said global warming, which is a normal phenomenon of the Earth, and has nothing to do with Anthropogenic Global Warming.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:57 pm

Hyack Hyack:
Pushing your own agenda there Bart?.....he said global warming, which is a normal phenomenon of the Earth, and has nothing to do with Anthropogenic Global Warming.

oops I meant AGW.....them damn humans