PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:43 pm

Gives him time to rest up.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Los Angeles Kings
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:51 pm

sandorski sandorski:
Gives him time to rest up.

I bet he wishes he was getting paid for the rest time.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Another over reaction by the NHL.....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:58 pm

Bullshit call...it was totally clean hit. The NHL is gonna make this a difficult run for us we all know it. I effin hate the bullshit cocksuckers that run the nhl...they will do anyting to end a candadian Cup run and win....fuck them

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:25 am

As I stated previously in the Canucks thread, the officiating of the Canucks games of late leaves a lot to be desired. Starting with the game in Phoenix and Burrows' roughing call against Fiddler, which was another over reaction call. It seems the officials really do have it in for the 'Nucks lately, too many times they are missing or ignoring calls against the opponents while at the same time are jumping on the Canucks for anything that looks even remotely close to an infraction. I don't know if it's because the Canucks are without doubt the powerhouse of the NHL right now or some deep rooted plan to keep the Cup out of the hands of any Canadian team, because we all know the big money in hockey comes from the good ole US of A. I think Roger Neilson had it right back in '82 with his white towel. IMO we are going to see a definite run on white towels for this playoff run.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:54 am

I agree Hyack, I also think it will be a run of the white towel but i think we will come out on top. The NHL higher ups dont want to see it come to Canada, let alone the left coast, hell most of Canada wouldnt want it to come to us lol. God forbid tsn shows left coast games at 7pm pst against the Laffs :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:54 am

It turned out to be a risky hit, but if the Oiler wasn't so bent over Torres arm would have been below the shoulder by quite a bit. I can see the Refs making the Call, but the Suspension is BS.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:58 am

Not sure what hit you guys are watching, but that was a clear blindside hit, with his elbow hitting him directly in the head.

I'm a huge hockey fan and a Canucks fan but to insinuate that the NHL has something against Canadian teams is rediculous.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:21 am

Hadn't touched the puck and an elbow to the head. Vacation time........

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:21 am

The bottom line there is that Eberle hadn't touched the puck. Torres's elbow came up, and the elbow conected with the head. Was Eberle hurt? NO. Lucky for him. There are 2 reasons for the 4 game suspension. 1 Torres failed to make nice after the game and say he was sorry, (even if he didn't think that he was in the wrong) even though he was looking for a fight after the hit knowing that he was in the wrong, and the second reason is that Torres is being used as a stepping stone. NEXT year the same hit will carry an 8 game suspension.

For all the ref bashers on this sight.... I learned during my days as young hockey player & reffing comunity hockey.. You can only control what you do on the ice. You can't blame the refs for what they do. They are human and make mistakes, END of story.

GB

Charra should have gotten 4-6 games for his hit too. The league screwed that one up.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:33 am

Patisan hockey fans... who would have thought. 8O

Sorry, but I saw an elbow to the head... and it was not accidental.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:59 am

TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
Bullshit call...it was totally clean hit. The NHL is gonna make this a difficult run for us we all know it. I effin hate the bullshit cocksuckers that run the nhl...they will do anyting to end a candadian Cup run and win....fuck them

I hate to say this but..if that was a clean hit, so is a blow below the belt in boxing. If Torres hadn't extended his elbow, it would have been a clean hit. He may have still got a penalty on the ice, but it was the elbow extension that got him his suspension.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:11 am

No suspension for Chara, no suspension on the Tanev hit, who is still injured. Only 2 games for Heatley on a deliberate elbow to the head. And 4 for Torres,2 in the playoffs. I guess all the teams are equal, but it sure seems some are more equal than others. I think Gillis should trade for Campbell's son.