canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:07 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
I dunno, TVO is better than CBC. I rarely watch anything on CBC or CTV or Global for that matter. Canadian news has become an editorial narrative as opposed to just reporting. CBC radio is just too agenda driven and is overly lefty-elitest.

I'm all for diverse voices and that includes the Left but you get nothing else on CBC except left or left of centre views. I just don't watch or listen to the CBC anymore.

I think in a era where we now have a wide array of choice, the CBC will die a long, publicly funded, lingering death.
Remember, bringing Canada to Canadians. We don't have a TVO here. That idiot Brad Wall sold SCN, but that only had S.W. Sask news, not of much interest in the rest of the Province.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:59 pm

TVO has some great shows, but again is intended for TO not for Canada. CBC radio does a much better job of meeting the intended mandate of the CBC then CBC TV does, take cross country checkup of AIH for example.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:09 pm

After a 5.5% increase the Government wants to reduce funding by 5% for a net increase of 1/2 % this year?

Read this:
https://bcblue.wordpress.com/2011/07/12 ... -for-cuts/

Does Moore work for the CBC or is he just another pinko commie in the disguise of a PC or both?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:24 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
I dunno, TVO is better than CBC. I rarely watch anything on CBC or CTV or Global for that matter. Canadian news has become an editorial narrative as opposed to just reporting. CBC radio is just too agenda driven and is overly lefty-elitest.

I'm all for diverse voices and that includes the Left but you get nothing else on CBC except left or left of centre views. I just don't watch or listen to the CBC anymore.

I think in a era where we now have a wide array of choice, the CBC will die a long, publicly funded, lingering death.

I don't think you can really compare TVO to CBC anymore than you can compare the OPP to the RCMP. They might be similar organizations in their functions, but have very different mandates and places in which they operate.

I like watching the CBC, but to each their own.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:31 am

Just personal preference Boots.

I think the CBC as a notion was a good idea. I think it's time has passed. Unless it becomes more middle-of-the-road politically, it will just have a niche audience in Canada, which is a pity.

Too many media outlets now think they are an unofficial opposition to the government, left or right. The BBC has had to readjust after well founded criticism of a political bias was investigated.

I used to be a total news and political junky but what passes for reporting these days has disillusioned me.

Having been present at some high profile events then seeing the media spin on these events has really dissapointed me.

Now I watch HGTV more than the news. I’m sure I’m not alone in my views.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:44 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Just personal preference Boots.

I think the CBC as a notion was a good idea. I think it's time has passed. Unless it becomes more middle-of-the-road politically, it will just have a niche audience in Canada, which is a pity.

Too many media outlets now think they are an unofficial opposition to the government, left or right. The BBC has had to readjust after well founded criticism of a political bias was investigated.

I used to be a total news and political junky but what passes for reporting these days has disillusioned me.

Having been present at some high profile events then seeing the media spin on these events has really dissapointed me.

Fair enough - I don't watch as much CBC as I used to either, but that's mostly due to the huge number of programming choices available these days (unlike in the 80s when I had seven TV channels).

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:42 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:

My wife drives me crazy with the HGTV.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Could be worse, could be Nacy Grace or Cake boss.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:32 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:

Mike Holmes rocks !

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:52 pm

martin14 martin14:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:

Mike Holmes rocks !

I actually got to meet Mike a few weeks ago here in Calgary. I was heading up town for a meeting and he was out side so I stopped and said hi and shook his hand. Very nice guy.

Kind of a boring story but I thought it was kind of kewl.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:03 pm

Father-in-law is a roofing contractor, said he met him several times at conventions. Said he was a blow-hard that was in love with himself. He kinda reminds me of a cleaned up 'Dog' Chapman.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:52 pm

I used to love my recycled couch, movie posters hanging on the wall and futon bed. Now, thanks to an old lady and HGTV my place is real classy and I don't have two nickels to rub together....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:00 pm

Mike Holmes' whole schtick is to go into a home that needs a $1000 job and turn it into $100,000 job. It's the classic crooked mechanic scheme: "The old lady's oil leak is a crack in the dipstick tube. We could replace the tube in 5 minutes for $20 or we could tell her her engine's blown and she needs a $3000 valve and piston job."

And I know another way we can save the CBC a pile of dough: get rid of Don Cherry. :twisted: