bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:00 pm

DanSC DanSC:
I clearly do not understand it. None of Robert Mugabe's killings in Zimbabwe have inspired this much outrage in two days.

Life is cheap in Zimbabwe.

It's a bit like Minnesota.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:07 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Thanos Thanos:
Oh, yeah, by the way Mr. SooperHunter also had to settle a sexual harassment suitback in 2009. Like Michael Caine sort of said at the beginning of The Eagle Had Landed, it's easy to spot a thoroughgoing bastard when you meet one. :evil:

Then ban all trophy hunting starting with trophy hunting in Canada.

Absolutely. The concept of hunting animal in order to turn its corpse into decor is sick and perverted. Remember "Buffalo Bill" sewing a woman suit for himself? The ultimate trophy hunter ...

Last edited by Jabberwalker on Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:42 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
BRAH BRAH:
This wasn't a hunt it was an ambush.

It was not at all sporting, true. But then my last chicken sandwich and the last rib-eye steak I had weren't very sporting, either. :idea:

The chicken and cow weren't in a protected wildlife preserve either.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:07 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
BRAH BRAH:
This wasn't a hunt it was an ambush.

It was not at all sporting, true. But then my last chicken sandwich and the last rib-eye steak I had weren't very sporting, either. :idea:

Neither species is remotely close to being endangered. There are many times more of both than would occur naturally because of us.

We are probably the last generation to see lions, tigers, cheetahs, rhinos, etc. in the wild.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:54 am

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:

Neither species is remotely close to being endangered. There are many times more of both than would occur naturally because of us.

In fact, chickens and cows (as we know them) have never occurred naturally at all. They are man-made creatures, respectively descended from south asian junglefowl and an extinct wild ox called an auroch. The auroch was driven to extinction in the 17th century due to over-hunting and habitat destruction.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:31 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I don't hunt animals. It's not in me to shoot something that doesn't deserve it.

Exactly. Going back to your original comment about polar bears and seals; that's exactly why everyone is pissed off at this guy. This lion was no immediate threat to this dentist, and the dentist was not in need of food.

Trophy is just hunting senseless killing. And for being a highly regarded bow hunter, he seems to be mostly a rich hack. He should stick to paper targets, or even the lifelike stuffed ones. Or, was a rich hack. I wonder if his dental business will survive this media exposure.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:00 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

We are probably the last generation to see lions, tigers, cheetahs, rhinos, etc. in the wild.

Truth! "Armed Guards protect the World's last Northern Male White Rhino."

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 70.42 KiB | Viewed 1078 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 144.25 KiB | Viewed 31 times ]
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:21 am

$1:
Cecil the lion outrage provokes skepticism in northern hunters

"I'm not surprised," said Kenny Hudson, a Métis hunter from Fort Smith, N.W.T. "People who live in cities make a pretty big deal out of anything that brings harm to animals.

"They walk by people on the street that really need help, and don't even give those people a second thought. You know, something happens to an animal, they're all upset."

. . .

Lucas says guiding hunts gives him a chance to use knowledge and skills he has developed his whole life to earn money and, literally, put meat on the table.

"[Sport hunters] are not very interested in the meat, so we take it for ourselves," he says. Grocery prices there are three to five times higher in Sachs Harbour than in southern Canada, and jobs are scarce.

"Up here it's kind of different for me," said Lucas. "I have to go out and work for a living, unlike sitting behind a desk and bringing in an income, that sort of thing.

"Up here it's completely different."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/cec ... -1.3173377

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:36 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Thanos Thanos:
Oh, yeah, by the way Mr. SooperHunter also had to settle a sexual harassment suitback in 2009. Like Michael Caine sort of said at the beginning of The Eagle Had Landed, it's easy to spot a thoroughgoing bastard when you meet one. :evil:

Then ban all trophy hunting starting with trophy hunting in Canada.

Absolutely. The concept of hunting animal in order to turn its corpse into decor is sick and perverted. Remember "Buffalo Bill" sewing a woman suit for himself? The ultimate trophy hunter ...

"Silence of the Lambs" was a work of fiction. Please don't argue policy based on what you saw in a movie.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:22 pm

BRAH BRAH:
quote]

Truth! "Armed Guards protect the World's last Northern Male White Rhino."[/quote][/quote]

What's with his horn missing?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:25 pm

Going by the look in it's eyes it looks like it's heart is missing as well, probably because on some level it realizes it's the last of it's kind. Nice job, humans, at managing to make the world that much more of a horrible place.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:36 pm

stratos stratos:

IIRC, they did that to all of the remaining Northern White rhinos so that poachers wouldn't kill them for their horns. That way they could go extinct from old age instead. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:38 pm

stratos stratos:
BRAH BRAH:
quote]

Truth! "Armed Guards protect the World's last Northern Male White Rhino."
[/quote]

What's with his horn missing?[/quote]
So needle dick Asians can't pay big bucks to get an election

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:42 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
stratos stratos:

IIRC, they did that to all of the remaining Northern White rhinos so that poachers wouldn't kill them for their horns. That way they could go extinct from old age instead. :(

Fucking Heart Breaking!

Thanos Thanos:
Going by the look in it's eyes it looks like it's heart is missing as well, probably because on some level it realizes it's the last of it's kind. Nice job, humans, at managing to make the world that much more of a horrible place.

He knows and with Cecil's death nothing will change. Thanks to Humans (US) these animals will become a faded memory in a picture because there's no Jurassic Park to bring them back.

Last edited by BRAH on Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:46 pm

I kind of figured that was the reason. Seems to me if they (poachers) want the f'ing horn so bad why kill the animal. Shoot it with a tranquilizer cut the horn off and get the F out of there.

Im not all up on poachers and such so maybe i'm being utterly foolish with this thought.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  9 ... 12  Next