canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:56 pm

It's a tough call when you're a police officer facing a suspect with a possible weapon where at the same time you're also thinking about the safety of your fellow officers and innocent civilians around the scene. No amount of training can prepare any police officer for a real life situation especially if the officer of officers in question never faced a scenario like this.

Last edited by BRAH on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:03 pm

Agreed. No chance the cops get convicted on this, there is not enough there. The ankle holder provides evidence that he had a gun at the scene. The only question is whether it was in his hand or in the car.

If it was planted, it was taken from the seat in the vehicle and moved to the ground outside but there is just not enough to prove anything close to that.

Based on videos, I cant see anything the cops did wrong but I still feel sorry for the guy because I dont think he was out to get anyone either.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:14 pm

When the wife told the police officers he just took his medication that changed everything because they had no idea what type of medication he took.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:18 pm

In the written part of the link the police claimed their lab showed fingerprint and DNA evidence on the gun connecting it to Scott.

Also we keep looking past Scott's past record. He wasn't "Mr. Sitting around in his car reading a book".

He was "Mr. slink out of his car looking like he was passing something back and forth right hand to left, to hide it from the police until the big reveal." And by something I mean a gun.

If we're wondering which story makes more sense, I mean.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:32 pm

The cops would have likely known about his record from running the plate which would have heightened their anxiety as well. We know now from the evidence at the scene that he had been smoking a joint which might have been the "medicine" the wife was talking about. I used to dabble myself in my youth and remember certain sativa strains would make me paranoid as f***. It's part of the reason I quit. Add 7 cops and a traumatic brain injury to the equation and this guy was probably plain neurotic. Again, I don't think he was thinking rationally, if his intent was to kill cops he would not have rationally moved into the open like he did where he would be an open target(unless suicide by cop). I think he just freaked out because drugs on him, weapons charges, high as a kite, traumatic brain injury, etc.

I still don't think he deserved to die but I feel like he did put himself into the position that got him killed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:34 pm

Whatever...

He should have taken his wife's advice of "Don't do it Keith."

Unless Suicide by Cop was the plan. No sympathy from this side of the playing field though for whatever put that thug's DNA and fingerprints on the gun he dropped at the scene.

You know who I think didn't deserve it?

Did you see that white kid who was dragged naked and screaming for mercy through the underground parking lot alongside the Charlotte riot? He didn't deserve it.

The ladies and their kids trapped in their cars while screaming mobs terrorized them outside didn't deserve it. The victims of vandalism didn't deserve it.

That homeless guy who got kicked in the spine didn't deserve it.

Those looking to excuse or instigate all this Marxist inspired, phoney black bullshit victimhood that's been instigating mob criminality deserve something though, I think.

Bailiff whack their PeePees. :evil: At least...

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:23 pm

Delwin Delwin:
The cops would have likely known about his record from running the plate which would have heightened their anxiety as well. We know now from the evidence at the scene that he had been smoking a joint which might have been the "medicine" the wife was talking about. I used to dabble myself in my youth and remember certain sativa strains would make me paranoid as f***. It's part of the reason I quit. Add 7 cops and a traumatic brain injury to the equation and this guy was probably plain neurotic. Again, I don't think he was thinking rationally, if his intent was to kill cops he would not have rationally moved into the open like he did where he would be an open target(unless suicide by cop). I think he just freaked out because drugs on him, weapons charges, high as a kite, traumatic brain injury, etc.

I still don't think he deserved to die but I feel like he did put himself into the position that got him killed.

I'm bored so I will play devils advocate here. Exactly how did he put himself in the position that got him killed? He was sitting in a car minding his own business. Why were the police there in the first place? The original story from the police was that they were looking for a man with a warrant. Was Mr. Scott the man named in that warrant? No he was not, but he was black. Does that fact alone justify the police to show up with guns drawn, barking out contradictory orders? This is the main problem with this story. Every day in America thousands of blacks have the police accost them with guns drawn barking out orders. One cop yells "don't move!!!" Another cop yells "get on the ground!!!" Right there the man is already fucked. If he moves he gets blown away for moving. If he freezes, he gets blown away for not compying with the order to get on the ground. After the fact the police will show that the person that was blown away had a criminal record, even if it was an arrest for jay walking 30 years ago. The longer ago the conviction the bettor for the spin. The press will respond that he had a record "dating back 30 years", even if he has not been in any trouble since. I'm sure a few of us have spent a night in the slammer for one reason or another. The cops use the fact that drugs are found at the scene to jusify blowing someone away. I'm sure many of us has used illegal substances either in our past, or still do today. Does the fact that we possess illegal substances justify the cops blowing us away? Then there is the Holy Grail: a firearm. Possession of a firearm pretty much seals the deal and whitewashes the 100 rounds that cops put through someone. "HE HAS A GUN!!!!" Thats all we need to hear to turn our streets into the OK Corral. Never mind the fact that guns are LEGAL to own and carry . In the U.S. Millions of Americans carry guns. If I see someone carrying a gun, I don't give it a second thought. One day I was eating at a restaurant and I seen this guys pistol slipping out of his ankle holster. I was like: "hey buddy you need to secure your piece, its falling out" He said thanks and secured it. The world kept spinning. Now I know that there are huge differences in how you view firearm ownership in Canada, and how we view it in certain parts of the States. North Carolina is an open carry state. You do not have to conceal your firearm. People are used to seeing firearms. Its part of life there. The citizens of that state have to deal with it. They don't get to blow away someone for simply possessing a firearm. Why then do the cops get away with it? Why does the world quit spinning when a cop sees someone with a firearm? Why do they get to overreact and start shooting the place up?

http://www.wnd.com/2012/06/cops-gun-dow ... g-firearm/
Here we have a story from where I live. I remember it quite well. This man was a West Point grad. He was a veteran. He had an MBA from Duke. He was legally licensed to conceled carry firearms. His crime was his shirt rising up when he bent over to pick something up. Some nosy paranoid busybody seen his pistol and reported him. "HE HAS A GUN!!!!" Oh the horror!!!! The cops show up in typical swat form complete with helicopters, barking out orders, tuning my city into an occupied war zone. One cop yells to drop the gun. Another yells to get on the ground. If he touches the gun the cops will say he was going for it. He would have to touch the gun with his hand in order to put it down. The keystone cops put seven rounds through him. Then they confiscated the video from the store. That video was never to be seen again, ever. The cops claim it did not exist, or it mysteriously got erased. What was his crime? He was LEGALLY carrying. Some paranoid pussy (probably from one of our states that are terrified of guns) just had to make a big deal out of it. Once the call goes out "man with gun" all hell breaks loose. People (who we are told by the left) that should be the only people who should be legally allowed to posses handguns, show up on the scene and act like they are securing a village in Iraq.

Now this man was white. He had no criminal record. Because he was white, we had no riots. No looting, no pillaging. He was just another unfortunate victim of an incompetent, paranoid police department. Oh for sure we had the usual suspects saying that if only he had done what he was told to do by the cops that he would still be alive. Which order? Get on the ground or drop the gun? He was fucked from the moment the cops showed up. The cops steal the video and whitewash the shooting like they always do.
https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016 ... ed-driver/
Here we have a story where a cop kills an unarmed black man with his personal AK-47. He then proceeds to plant a handgun in the victims car to cover his ass. It happens all the time. Many cops carry a throw away piece to cover their ass in a shooting gone wrong, or to plant on a suspect they want to take down. The public eats this shit up. Well he had a gun, he must be a scumbag. Lock him away and throw away the key. This guy in North Carolina was sitting in his car minding his own business. It was the cops who started this shit. 'We were looking for a guy with a warrant" Oh really? How come we haven't heard more about this guy? Who was he? What was he wanted for? If this guy was so dangerous, why did he fall off the radar screen? What crime was so heinous that the cops get to go around terrorizing whole neighborhoods and all the black men in them? The cops always claim they are looking for someone. Any black man in that neighborhood is susceptible to having armed men stick guns in their face and shout out orders. GET ON THE GROUND!!!! Once I would like to hear someone say "fuck you, I'm not getting my clothes dirty over this bullshit". This is what this is all about. Blacks are tired of being terrorized in their neighborhoods for being black in public. They are tired of always matching a description (because we know they all look alike right? :wink: They are tired of having to explain themselves and having to comply with orders. They are tired of drawing heat for merely leaving their homes. This guy was sitting in a car. So what if he was smoking a joint? Who gives a shit? Why were the police fucking with him in the first place? These are the questions we should be asking. I am not condoning the looting and violence. Thats where I would not mind seeing some justified shootings. Anyone looting should be shot. Any one blocking an interstate highway should be ran over with a deuce and a half. That said we cannot shoot our way out of this problem. The cops need to quit fucking with people who are minding their own business. Anyone just sitting in a car minding his own business should never have to explain anything to a cop. Go respond to some calls from some people who actually want you around. Leave everyone else the fuck alone.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:34 pm

If police break the law they need to be charged convicted and jailed.

If the police tell you "Put the fucking gun down" put the fucking gun down.

The problem with the idea blacks are being victimized by police specifically because of their race is it's bullshit.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-st ... n-bandler#

Why poor Keith?

And most importantly (and this is not directed at you Rick) virtue signaling by showing off in tolerating the intolerant BLM marxist rioters who are making hay race-baiting with lies is just self-harming stupidity that could be ignored if it was just those doing it who would be harmed, but it isn't. Society as a whole will be damaged.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:27 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
If police break the law they need to be charged convicted and jailed.

If the police tell you "Put the fucking gun down" put the fucking gun down.

The problem with the idea blacks are being victimized by police specifically because of their race is it's bullshit.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-st ... n-bandler#

Why poor Keith?

And most importantly (and this is not directed at you Rick) virtue signaling by showing off in tolerating the intolerant BLM marxist rioters who are making hay race-baiting with lies is just self-harming stupidity that could be ignored if it was just those doing it who would be harmed, but it isn't. Society as a whole will be damaged.

I'm sorry but I feel like your post just helps support my post. The cops see a man rolling a "blunt", but say fuck it. It could be tobacco for all they know. It could be PCP and the stoned man is going to drive away and kill hundreds in the greatest stoned driving episode in American history. But the cops are like: fuck it, no biggie. Then they see a GUN (Heaven forbid that a citizen would possess a gun), then all bets are off. Possession of weed in North Carolina is illegal in any form. They do not even have medical provisions for use. Some stoner behind the wheel killing off my family gets zero response from these cops. Many more people die in North Carolina every year due to impaired driving than gunshot wounds. The police have actual "probable cause" to investigate. They don't. The second that they see a firearm, now it turns into a federal case. Call out swat, fire up the armored personal carriers. Get the choppers in the air. Possession of a gun is not probable cause for a Terry stop in the States. Its called prior restraint. I do not have to prove that I am legally allowed to open carry a firearm in an open carry state. Some stoner driving away and killing innocent people does not even get a rise out of the officers. The sight of a firearm gets the whole police department in full occupy mode. I do not care if people smoke weed. My jails are not full of violent pothead offenders. Its a rare bird indeed that starts shit on weed. People getting stoned and driving, I do care about. When I want to get lit, I do it in my home at the end of the day where I know that I will not be driving. I do not want my own bad habits adversly affecting other people. Its telling that the cops did not care about the "supposed" impairment until after they seen the gun. Then they show up armed for bear.An impaired driver does not warrent putting down the donuts, getting off their asses, and doing their jobs. The sight of a firearm tilts the world on its axis. As a legal gun owner, I have a serious problem with that. I think that someone getting fucked up and driving deserves to dealt with much more harshly than someone legally open carrying a firearm. Driving is a privilege, owning a gun is a right. As a driver I have to submit to random DUI and drivers license checkpoints. As a gun owner, I do not have to "prove" anything if I am open carrying in an open carry state. Yet the law abiding citizen gets the much, much harsher response from law enforcement. I call bullshit. I am not going to drop my expensive firearm to the ground to be damaged, or possibly discharge a round just because my police department is hiring a bunch of inexperienced paranoid thugs that do not know the law, and do not care about my rights. I am not going to get down on the ground when the scorching hot Nevada asphalt is going to give me third degree burns. I am not going to lay in filth on the ground contaminated by junkies and prostitutes so some dipshit ex high school jock who never got a full ride to college can feel some kind of powertrip over me. Fuck him!

If this guy in Charlotte is stoned, its unlikely that he is comprehending the instructions given. He might not even know where he is. His daughter was on the scene. The cops could not have asked her to go to the car and diffuse the situation, or secure the firearm if they were so worried for their safety? No that would have meant relinquishing some control to someone outside their circle. They could never do that. That would have required "de-escalation" on their part. We know that cops get fired for that mentality today. Cops have to be in control of everything. Citizens do not get to ask any questions. Its comply or die. Then we have the press and way to many citizens willing to go along with the whitewash. After all its not one of their own involved in the police shooting is it? Until it is. Just like the West point grad who got gunned down by the cops for breaking no laws. The cops in America are out of control. The acadamy where they train in my city is right across the street from where I work. I have seen them training numerous times. The training that they are receiving looks errily familiar to the training I received in military basic training. I was learning how to kill people. I thought the cops were suppossed to be learning the law and deescalating situations. When did our lawmen stop being peace officers and start being an occupying military force? The last thing we need is some asshole thinking he is in Fallujah dealing with jihadis policing our streets in America.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:17 am

Police release footage of shooting. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 28196.html

$1:
Police have conceded that the footage itself does not prove the probable cause that would have permitted an officer to shoot and kill 43-year-old Mr Scott. But he said he would also provide other evidence that would make clear why police had shot him.

However, the footage does not show Mr Scott pointing a weapon.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:01 am

The footage doesn't show him with his hands over his head either. That's the bullshit story a bullshit witness told that allowed the Commies of BLM to hop on the buses and rush to Charlotte to instigate a mass riot through the streets.

Scott has a prior record for gun offences and assault. His DNA and fingerprints were found on the gun dropped on the street. The video doesn't show the gun clearly. It does show a shadow that could be one. To me he appears to be playing keepaway with the gun from the view of the officers by switching the gun from right hand to left as he angles away to a spot where he can return fire.

All the time he is refusing to obey the officers' instructions.

Looked like suicide by cop to me. His wife is hollering for him to get out of the car as instructed then she yells repeatedly "Don't do it, Keith." If you watch it the commands do not appear contradictory. They appear to be two instructions to serve the same purpose. "Get out of the car, but don't do it."

To Rick's argument - People get pulled over for a broken taillight. The idea the police have no cause to investigate a guy who pulls up by them, pulls a blunt out to spark it up and lays a gun on his lap, is just silly, and if it was suggested as policy might be suicidal.

But again, and most importantly, you both seem to be indulging in selective evidence to divert from the real issue.

Nothing happened that excuses BLM and their ideological allies instigating a riot.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:49 am

I'll show you something interesting Rick.

Go to the 27:20 mark of the one below. You'll see 2 white guys and one black - all three having conceal/carry permits - discussing what's going through their heads when their pulled over by a cop.

And bear this in mind. Keith Lamont Scott was an old pro at dealing with cops. He knew the proper way to do it. So why didn't he?