canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:59 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=30721" target="_blank">China eyes Arctic riches</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/16-world" target="_blank">World</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Hyack" target="_blank">Hyack</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2008-02-26 08:38:33

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:59 pm

Where have you heard before that China had their eyes on the Arctic? Especially Canada's arctic?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:34 pm

I think before China gets too gun-hoe about pillaging potential riches in the Arctic they need to open a map and see that geographically, they stand no chance in the wake of Russian, Canadian, and especially U.S. claims to those same riches.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:13 pm

Well I guess fair is fair. Since I'm claiming beachfront property at the 3 gorges dam they should be entitled to claim some of the arctic.

Silly Chinese.............. Arctics are for Canadians.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:37 pm

*Scratches his head*

Wow tectonic plates move quickly don't they? Amazing how China suddenly got so much closer to the Arctic. :roll:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:43 pm

If they enter our waters, we board them and take their ship, and send it back in pieces like they did to that US spy plane 7-8 years ago. Its ours and they can go fuck themselves.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:20 pm

Get a grip. An open North-West passage is a pipe dream....this years unusual ice conditions still had The McClure strait ICE blocked tighter than the bark on a tree.
A couple of ships slipped up through the Prince of Wales Strait but then sustained ice damage later because it was the very end of a very brief window.
Antarctica is so ice free the only access is by air.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:28 pm

Considering the Soviet northern fleet is huge, powerful and well situated, I can't see the Chinese doing anything but wimper and snivel.