Canadian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:42 am

CAW=GREED

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:42 am

some complete pinko dumbass some complete pinko dumbass:
And he suggested the union is prepared to let Chrysler fall into creditor protection, from which it might not recover.

I watched the union in the shipyard in Collingwood play idiot ball like this.

Owners closed it next day.

Glad i dont work for Chrysler...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:48 am

and who do they blame of course..HARPER :lol:

f off and go crawl under a rock you *hole.

"In a statement released Friday afternoon, CAW President Ken Lewenza denounced the federal government and Chrysler for making "painful" demands on his members based on misleading financial information."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:51 am

martin14 martin14:
some complete pinko dumbass some complete pinko dumbass:
And he suggested the union is prepared to let Chrysler fall into creditor protection, from which it might not recover.

I watched the union in the shipyard in Collingwood play idiot ball like this.

Owners closed it next day.

Glad i dont work for Chrysler...

same here,Ezner Deaana of the UMWA told the boys they would never close the doors,next week 5 mines are shut down and 8000 people out of work.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:39 am

For $57/ hr I would quit my government job and go work for chrysler...this union is led by a bunch of ass clowns who see nothing but greed. These union bosses dont realize that when their members dont work, they dont make money and then they are out of work.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:57 am

Maybe, maybe not, but good luck finding a job.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:00 pm

I've just about given up any of my remaining sympathy for these guys. The CAW and everyone in it can just go suck it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:22 pm

It isn't the Union's fault that Management is incompetent.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:15 pm

sandorski sandorski:
It isn't the Union's fault that Management is incompetent.

But are they really looking after the best interests of their members if they are willing to lose the jobs just to keep a couple of benefits? They have to look at what's best for their people now and make sure at least SOME jobs survive this thing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:23 pm

The whole thing is very silly. They make cars that people don't want and get paid more than nurses and paramedics for putting nuts and bolts on an inferior product that they want us to pay through the nose for.

I bought a Jeep Cherokee in 1999. Sold it 18 months later, total piece of crap, bought a VW Jetta and now I'm on my second VW and have had no probs with either car. Good on gas, goes quick, great sound system, leather etc and way cheaper to buy.

Why should I buy a crappy car to keep over paid production workers in a job?

See ya Chrysler and see ya CAW.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:56 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
The whole thing is very silly. They make cars that people don't want and get paid more than nurses and paramedics for putting nuts and bolts on an inferior product that they want us to pay through the nose for.

I bought a Jeep Cherokee in 1999. Sold it 18 months later, total piece of crap, bought a VW Jetta and now I'm on my second VW and have had no probs with either car. Good on gas, goes quick, great sound system, leather etc and way cheaper to buy.

The VW Workers(unless they are Mexican or other less Developed country) are Paid just as much and may very well have superior Benefits, especially if it's IMported from Germany.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:59 pm

sandorski sandorski:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:

The VW Workers(unless they are Mexican or other less Developed country) are Paid just as much and may very well have superior Benefits, especially if it's IMported from Germany.

VW has one plant in Mexico that builds the Bettle and the Jetta. The rest are built in Europe as far as I know. But a lot of plants are in Eastern Europe where the labour is cheaper.

**EDIT** Found a link that shows all VW plants worldwide. Link

Last edited by SigPig on Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:00 pm

It's to bad the union appears willing to ensure they have no control of their fate. The Canadian Government is in lockstep with the US on Chrysler. End of the month, if no deal with Fiat, the locks go on the doors, and the union jobs are gone. Things are so bad now Fiat will pay nada to a become the largest -- perhaps even a majority (some day) -- shareholder in one of the former Big Three without coughing up any money. Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne made clear his company won't assume any of the company's debt. So, if the deal is not done with union support, Chrysler will close and after the pink slips have gone out Fiat and the Government will come to an agreement for the factories and Fiat will be recruiting to fill thousands of jobs on their terms. Ex union workers with a chip on their shoulder need not apply.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:12 pm

sandorski sandorski:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:

Sand, I care not where the car is made (SigPig is right, both my Jetta's are NAFTA products). I go for the look and quality of an item, just like I buy Canon 'L' lenses.
I have bought Chev and Jeep products and not been impressed, I don't make the same mistake twice, unlike the Big 3 and the CAW who seem to be on groundhog day 35,678.

I just want a good quality product that is reasonbly priced. If they started making such a product in Canada or the US I'd buy it. I'm not anti buying NA, I'm just anti buying a shite product.