Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:35 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
I wonder how many Americans actually think that the Canadian border is like the Mexican one? Not too many, I hope.

The only people who think that the Canada-US border is more dangerous than the US-Mexico border are all of those 'high IQ' liberals of yours in the Obama Administration. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:42 pm

BRAH BRAH:
Meh, she's Rachel Maddow's doppelganger and obviously sharing the same brain. 8O

0:
451806388.jpg
451806388.jpg [ 187.88 KiB | Viewed 190 times ]

One more Liberal dingbat. I see some familiar features.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:01 pm

Who's the one on the bottom?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:03 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
I wonder how many Americans actually think that the Canadian border is like the Mexican one? Not too many, I hope.

The only people who think that the Canada-US border is more dangerous than the US-Mexico border are all of those 'high IQ' liberals of yours in the Obama Administration. :lol:

I guess you forgot about GOP members who told your fellow Americans that the 9/11 hijackers came from Canada...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:27 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
I guess you forgot about GOP members who told your fellow Americans that the 9/11 hijackers came from Canada...

It was a suspicion and it was a legitimate concern given that just the previous year a terrorist did enter the US from Canada and was fortunately caught by a vigilant Border Patrol officer.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:36 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
bootlegga bootlegga:

It was a suspicion and it was a legitimate concern given that just the previous year a terrorist did enter the US from Canada and was fortunately caught by a vigilant Border Patrol officer.

In all honesty, blaming Canada for terrorists entering the US shows how uninformed some people are. Canada has nothing to do with people entering the US, it's your own Border Patrol who would have been responsible.

That being said, I still much prefer the US border guards over our own. Always treated courteously by the US guards and more often then naught treated with suspicion on return by our own. :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:38 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
In all honesty, blaming Canada for terrorists entering the US shows how uninformed some people are. Canada has nothing to do with people entering the US, it's your own Border Patrol who would have been responsible.

That being said, I still much prefer the US border guards over our own. Always treated courteously by the US guards and more often then naught treated with suspicion on return by our own. :?

I've had a lot of Richards going both ways. Being miserable is a job requirement, I think.

Going down this time though, the US Border guy was awesome--chatting with the kids.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
I've had a lot of Richards going both ways. Being miserable is a job requirement, I think.

That's because you just look guilty of something. :wink:

$1:
Going down this time though, the US Border guy was awesome--chatting with the kids.

I once spent over ten minutes talking with one guy about military service. I don't imagine the people behind me were too impressed. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:44 pm

I'd really appreciate it if Canada didn't get dragged into arguments by Americans engaging in their own ideological and polarized political stupidity.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:45 pm

Thanos Thanos:
I'd really appreciate it if Canada didn't get dragged into arguments by Americans engaging in their own ideological and polarized political stupidity.

They might expect us to retrn the favour though, if we asked for that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:45 pm

Thanos Thanos:

Why not, we do it to them. Remember Carolyn Parrish?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:58 pm

Fair enough, but our political decisions and bozo eruptions (e.g. Parrish) have literally no meaningful effect on the US. Their political decisions (softwood, mad cow, buy US only) and bozo eruptions (some meathead in Congress or one of the Departments demanding the 49th be militarized to "stop all those terrorists in Canada from crossing over") can have major and massively damaging effects on us. Given how this pattern usually goes I tend to get nervous, if not outright insulted by the things that inevitably get said about us, whenever Canada gets too much attention in American political discussion.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:01 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

That's because you just look guilty of something. :wink:

$1:

I once spent over ten minutes talking with one guy about military service. I don't imagine the people behind me were too impressed. :lol:

The best one I got was on my way back from Afghanistan. I was on some Air Emirates flight with 300 Mulsims all coming to the States. Of course none of them had the right paperwork, and the line was brutal. I was just wanting to see my family after 4 months in Kandahar and Kabul. Buddy comes by with the drug-sniffing dogs, takes one look at me, asks me where I've been and where I'm headed and then sends me through with no check. God Bless that guy!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:02 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
In all honesty, blaming Canada for terrorists entering the US shows how uninformed some people are.

Forgive me if I don't look up the events of 9/11 but as I recall the issue was about Canadian immigration letting in people who then wanted to get into the US. Granted, I side with Canadian sovereignty on the topic but the end result is that today everyone needs a passport and a prostate exam to cross the border when in days of yore sometimes all we needed was a smile and a wave.

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Canada has nothing to do with people entering the US, it's your own Border Patrol who would have been responsible.

Yup. See the prostate exam reference. 8)

2Cdo 2Cdo:

Weird. I get the same from our guys and get nothing but respect from yours. Even when I'm transporting things that make loud noises (with the proper permits, of course).

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:09 pm

Thanos Thanos:

Eh, sometimes you folks wade into those arguments uninvited. Like when your brilliant (L) government (via their ambassador to the US) endorsed Al Gore for President. And then they were SHOCKED! when Bush returned the sleight by skipping the traditional trip to Canada and referring that same ambassador to the State Department instead of allowing him over for coffee with W. at the White Hut.

Not that we're perfect. We're not. But up until that point most no one in the US cared about Canadian politics. And then four years later your Liberal Party waded into our 2004 elections and the result of that smooth move was you fine people on CKA having to put up with me for the past nine years.

I suppose I'm probably the best example yet of why you might want to avoid attention down here! XD