Category: Uncle Sam
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2018-11-13 10:20:46

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:13 pm

If I was the defense attorney and it came time to present the case of the defense I would stand adjusting my tie, nod to the judge, turn to the jury and utter one word.

"Wah."

Then sit back down with a smug, proggy smirk on my face.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:25 pm

CNN and the courts have exactly not one right to tell the White House who they can or cannot admit to the grounds. Not even the US Supreme Court has the right to order Jim Acost-her back into the White Hut.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:00 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
CNN and the courts have exactly not one right to tell the White House who they can or cannot admit to the grounds. Not even the US Supreme Court has the right to order Jim Acost-her back into the White Hut.

Not true there’s precedent. Lyndon Johnson revoked a conservative reporter’s press pass and the courts eventually ruled in the reporter’s favour:

$1:
The D.C. circuit court ruled in Sherrill’s favor in 1977. While the court did not demand that the Secret Service issue him a press credential, it did set forth a series of new, transparent steps to ensure that no reporter’s First Amendment rights were violated.
“Once the government creates the kind of forum that it has created, like the White House briefing room, it can’t selectively include or exclude people on the basis of ideology or viewpoint,” said Ben Wizner, the director of the ACLU’s Speech, Privacy, and Technology Project.

The new steps enunciated in the Sherrill decision to ensure that reporters’ First Amendment rights are not violated include the requirement to give the reporter notice and the right to rebut a formal written decision, which must accompany any revocation. “We further conclude that notice, opportunity to rebut, and a written decision are required because the denial of a pass potentially infringes upon First Amendment guarantees,” the court’s ruling states. “Such impairment of this interest cannot be permitted to occur in the absence of adequate procedural due process.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ss/575479/

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:47 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
If I was the defense attorney and it came time to present the case of the defense I would stand adjusting my tie, nod to the judge, turn to the jury and utter one word.

"Wah."

You mean like you do here?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:11 pm

First they came for the journalists, then we have no idea what happened next...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:55 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

"Wah."

Why? We're you wanting me to use longer sentences? I don't know Fifer. I don't think you're ready for it.

Or are you seeing me with a smug, proggy smirk-face every time I pin your ears back. :wink:

To be honest It's me who's not quite ready for that pose yet. Not proggy enough, I guess. I'm working on it though. I have some models.

Attachments:
Obama made poopies.jpg
Obama made poopies.jpg [ 12.56 KiB | Viewed 490 times ]
Mussobama Smirk.jpg
Mussobama Smirk.jpg [ 29.04 KiB | Viewed 419 times ]
Smugly.JPG
Smugly.JPG [ 32.68 KiB | Viewed 487 times ]

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:49 pm

As to the previous case that took 11 years to settle before finally receiving an opinion from the DC Court of appeals, there are higher courts than that one.

So it's still just an argument. We're still just waiting for an opinion then.

Personally, my opinion is that CNN is crybullying for a crybaby who liked to disrupt press meetings and went "Wah" when he was told he couldn't do it anymore. Hope they lose.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:23 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
fifeboy fifeboy:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

"Wah."

Why? We're you wanting me to use longer sentences? I don't know Fifer. I don't think you're ready for it.

Or are you seeing me with a smug, proggy smirk-face every time I pin your ears back. :wink:

To be honest It's me who's not quite ready for that pose yet. Not proggy enough, I guess. I'm working on it though. I have some models.

Ooohhh... got me there, you would never look proggy!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Fake News!