CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 26970
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:43 am
 


Title: Colby Cosh: The Supreme Court ordering official records destroyed'! Actually, good call
Category: Strange
Posted By: shockedcanadian
Date: 2017-10-09 05:40:02
Canadian


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
Profile
Posts: 2941
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:43 am
 


Only a government protecting their own abuses and malfeasance would make such a decision. Like the Stasi of East Germany burning the files as the Wall came down and angry citizens were outside the HQ.

Outside of the fact that our allies don't trust us. The elimination of these historical documents is wrong for so many reasons. Canadas reputation takes another hit, in a long line of gut shots and hooks to the head.


Last edited by shockedcanadian on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:22 am
 


The records were destroyed at the insistence of the witnesses, not the government. The witnesses were promised confidentiality and that's what the court has given them.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 56941
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:34 am
 


Vbeacher wrote:
The records were destroyed at the insistence of the witnesses, not the government. The witnesses were promised confidentiality and that's what the court has given them.


This! R=UP


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
Profile
Posts: 2941
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:15 am
 


Vbeacher wrote:
The records were destroyed at the insistence of the witnesses, not the government. The witnesses were promised confidentiality and that's what the court has given them.



Wrong again. The government owns these records, they can maintain them for historical records by simply changing the names, locations, even dates if they choose, multiple lawyers have suggested this and even the Crown. Nothing will identify them so this promised confidentiality is easily maintained and the history of this dark period can remain as a reminder of what kind of Canada truly was (and is in some instances today).

Canada wants to cover up the sickos and unaccountable government officials who took children from their schools and homes. God knows what happened to many of these kids, or how many became addicted to substances as they aged, or committed suicide. Like in the RCMP decades of sexual abuse against their own co-workers, noone is named, shamed, sent to prison or fired. Enjoying the good life on their government patsy pension.

The RCMP and OPP were complicit in these abuses. Noone seems surprised though, I wonder why that is. Countries like Russia, North Korea and China work hard to erase their horrific histories and abuses. Clearly with this and many other instances of historical abuses, so does Canada.

No wonder our allies don't trust us.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:17 am
 


shockedcanadian wrote:
Vbeacher wrote:
The records were destroyed at the insistence of the witnesses, not the government. The witnesses were promised confidentiality and that's what the court has given them.



Wrong again. The government owns these records, they can maintain them for historical records by simply changing the names, locations, even dates if they choose, multiple lawyers have suggested this and even the Crown. Nothing will identify them so this promised confidentiality is easily maintained and the history of this dark period can remain as a reminder of what kind of Canada truly was (and is in some instances today).

Canada wants to cover up the sickos


First you say I'm wrong, then you admit the government lawyers suggested changing the names, which is an admission it isn't the government that wants to destroy the records at all. These are the individual witnesses who want their testimony to be purged as they were promised. Get over it.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 26025
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:21 am
 


Vbeacher wrote:
shockedcanadian wrote:
Vbeacher wrote:
The records were destroyed at the insistence of the witnesses, not the government. The witnesses were promised confidentiality and that's what the court has given them.



Wrong again. The government owns these records, they can maintain them for historical records by simply changing the names, locations, even dates if they choose, multiple lawyers have suggested this and even the Crown. Nothing will identify them so this promised confidentiality is easily maintained and the history of this dark period can remain as a reminder of what kind of Canada truly was (and is in some instances today).

Canada wants to cover up the sickos


First you say I'm wrong, then you admit the government lawyers suggested changing the names, which is an admission it isn't the government that wants to destroy the records at all. These are the individual witnesses who want their testimony to be purged as they were promised. Get over it.

"shockedcanadian" is a one-trick pony and you're attacking his one trick... he'll never admit he's wrong. :lol:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 56941
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:35 am
 


shockedcanadian wrote:
Wrong again.


No, this time you are wrong.

If the witness testimony was obtained by a promise of complete confidentiality then that promise has to be kept.

Otherwise the government obtained the testimony via a lie and I thought you were the one who objected to the government lying to people?

Or are you going back on that and supporting a lying government when it serves your purposes?


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
Profile
Posts: 2941
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:42 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
shockedcanadian wrote:
Wrong again.


No, this time you are wrong.

If the witness testimony was obtained by a promise of complete confidentiality then that promise has to be kept.

Otherwise the government obtained the testimony via a lie and I thought you were the one who objected to the government lying to people?

Or are you going back on that and supporting a lying government when it serves your purposes?


Confidentiality is maintained, hence, changing names, locations and even dates. The actual abuses and experienced is preserved, as any country would do in such cases.

Furthermore, since when in the hell is court documents destroyed because a victim asks for it? This is a convenient excuse by the Canadian government that is once again exposed. You testimony is on record, seemingly forever, though your identity and even the identity of the dirty Canadian government sob will be protected...

If you don't want to testify, then don't. Court records aren't arbitrarily destroyed on a whim just because a settlement is reached. Can you imagine how easy it would be for people to lie and destroy others lives in any court case if they knew no record would be kept?


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
Profile
Posts: 2941
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:42 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
shockedcanadian wrote:
Wrong again.


No, this time you are wrong.

If the witness testimony was obtained by a promise of complete confidentiality then that promise has to be kept.

Otherwise the government obtained the testimony via a lie and I thought you were the one who objected to the government lying to people?

Or are you going back on that and supporting a lying government when it serves your purposes?


Confidentiality is maintained, hence, changing names, locations and even dates. The actual abuses and experiences are preserved, as any Western country would do in such cases.

Furthermore, since when in the hell are court documents destroyed because a victim asks for it? These are historical records, official court documents and are of public interest, taxpayer funded as it were. This is a convenient excuse by the Canadian government that is once again exposed for being an embarrassment to liberty and justice. You testimony is on record, seemingly forever, though your identity and even the identity of the dirty Canadian government sob will be protected...

If you don't want to testify, then don't. Court records aren't arbitrarily destroyed on a whim just because a settlement is reached. Can you imagine how easy it would be for people to lie and destroy others lives in any court case if they knew no record would be kept?

Our allies don't trust us. Bet your right arm on that.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 56941
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:13 pm
 


A promise was made and now the promise has been kept.

R=UP


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 15483
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:06 pm
 


Quote:
Furthermore, since when in the hell are court documents destroyed because a victim asks for it? These are historical records, official court documents and are of public interest, taxpayer funded as it were.


So you are admitting that the witnesses have no right to privacy and that they are not to be considered as part of the public or taxpayer base. As for being a historical record how can that be if the names dates and so forth would be changed. They would then become FALSE. Your argument stands no ground.

No wonder no one trusts anything you say.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 25676
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:04 am
 


stratos wrote:
Quote:
Furthermore, since when in the hell are court documents destroyed because a victim asks for it? These are historical records, official court documents and are of public interest, taxpayer funded as it were.


So you are admitting that the witnesses have no right to privacy and that they are not to be considered as part of the public or taxpayer base. As for being a historical record how can that be if the names dates and so forth would be changed. They would then become FALSE. Your argument stands no ground.

No wonder no one trusts anything you say.


He also conveniently forgets that this testimony isn't court documents, it's from an inquiry run by a former, not sitting, judge.

They were promised anonymity, and they will be given it. R=UP


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Freakinoldguy and 10 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.