canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:11 am

Title: Conrad Black: SNC-Lavalin is a sideshow to the real Wilson-Raybould issue
Category: Political
Posted By: Freakinoldguy
Date: 2019-03-18 11:06:19
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:11 am

I don't know if this is anywhere near the truth but it's an interesting take on the real reason why the Liberal dumped Jody Wilson Raybould.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:17 am

Interesting read. I wouldn't be shocked if it bore a tinge of the colour of truth.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:57 am

Well the facts are irrefutable but, since we can't see into the mind of the Liberal Caucus and party the rest is still just supposition.

The only way we'd ever know is if someone wrote a tell all book and even then people would be divided on whether it was the truth or not. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:22 am

Conrad Black? You mean Prisoner #24902?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:27 am

You mean 24602.... Just call Javert to arrest him

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:59 pm

Ignorant, ahistorical dreck that completely ignores just how badly Indigenous cultures and societies were ravaged by everything from diseases to broken treaties to government controls that put anything modern leftists do to shame.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Keep in mind that Conrad Black is the same pompous blowhard who was expelled from university for selling stolen exam papers, tried to loot his employees' pension funds, abandoned his Canadian citizenship (and pissed on the rest of us in the process) to get a meaningless noble title, and was jailed for fraud.

Yeah, he's a real winner, all right.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:16 pm

Conrad also nearly got down on his hands and knees to get his Canadian citizenship back when his fraud & theft problems in the US were getting intense, meaning he wanted to skulk back to safety with a conviction for white-collar crime becoming a certainty for him. There was a reason he was being called "Lord Black of Double-Cross Harbour" back in the day. Pompous, utterly ridiculous asshole. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:41 pm

Konrad's a supercilious prick.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:25 pm

Most people in Lord Black’s position would be lying low at this stage.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:36 am

Conrad has far too much hubris to lie low.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:44 am

Knowing just how much I love our current leader allow me to point out that this is an editorial not an insiders look into the Liberal Caucus and as such it raises questions about this being more of a palace coup than a fight about ethics.

So with that caveat in mind allow me to say. Conrad Black may be all the things he's being accused of being but, that doesn't necessarily mean there's no shred of truth in his editorial or, that it's any less accurate or informed than other editorials on the subject.

So, if there's any truth to the article we might just want to reconsider our stance on the subject and actually start thinking Trudeau for his actions in removing JWR from a place of prominence where she could have done real harm. But since it's far easier to make accusations about Trudeau, Quebec and SNL Lavalin than to think that there may have been a far more insidious reason for JWR's actions we might be missing the forest for the trees.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:06 am

I said at the outset I'd not be surprised if there was a shred of truth to this.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:38 am

Every good lie has a shred of truth to make it convincing. Doesn't make Conrad Black any less of a dick.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:32 pm

DrCaleb wrote:
Every good lie has a shred of truth to make it convincing. Doesn't make Conrad Black any less of a dick.

Of course he's a dick as are most extremely rich people because you don't get that wealthy without being one. But he may be onto something when he says SNC Lavalin is a side show especially in light of the fact that Jane Philpot has come out to claim Trudeau is hiding the truth about SNC Lavalin.

Quote:
Jane Philpott says there is much more to the SNC-Lavalin story, much more for Canadians to hear, but Justin Trudeau doesn’t want the truth to get out.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... s-philpott