canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:05 pm

Title: Consumer Reports: McDonald�s burger ranked worst in the U.S.
Category: Business
Posted By: Goober911
Date: 2014-07-02 17:12:50
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:05 pm

NO surprise here. McDOnald's has consistently sucked for at least 30 years now.
I have zero idea how Taco Hell managed to stay in business this long. Must get a LOT of drunk customers or something. And KFC has truly been shite for as long as I can remember. The should call themselves DSC; Dry and Stringy Chicken.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:34 pm

30 years? We used to joke in 1970 about the McDonalds diet. One Big Mac and a chocolate shake and you didn't feel like eating for the rest of the day. You could even have one Friday, go camping and not have to shit all weekend...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:19 pm

herbie wrote:
30 years? We used to joke in 1970 about the McDonalds diet. One Big Mac and a chocolate shake and you didn't feel like eating for the rest of the day. You could even have one Friday, go camping and not have to shit all weekend...

Note that I said at least 30 years :wink:
As for after-effects, Dairy Queen was my bad one. I'd eat a burger from there and I'd still be tasting it 3-4 days later when I'd burp. Stopped eating their burgers after the second time that happened, which was the second time I ate their.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:26 pm

Don't need CR to tell me McRot's is the worst. Just going there for anything at all is enough evidence of that. SOme of their breakfast items aren't too bad but the regular junk menu is really kind of awful. They're wildly dependent on location too. The ones in Calgary all suck but, strangely enough, a couple of them in Medicine Hat are fairly tolerable.

I agree on how yucky DQ is. Haven't been there for years, not even for a shake. Wendy's and A&W are probably the best of the lot. I usually make an effort to go to Subway instead if I can help it though. KFC is a twice-a-year thing at best. Taco Time if actually fairly good, and far superior to that Taco Bell crap, and about as non-unhealthy one can hope for.

Anyone ever buy those boxed burgers from the grocery store? The ones at CoOp are supposed to be good, but I've been stung by those guys before on items like that. I won't get the ones at WalMart or Costco because I'm really not in any huge hurry to enjoy the e-coli experience first hand.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:39 pm

Thanos wrote:
Don't need CR to tell me McRot's is the worst. Just going there for anything at all is enough evidence of that. SOme of their breakfast items aren't too bad but the regular junk menu is really kind of awful. They're wildly dependent on location too. The ones in Calgary all suck but, strangely enough, a couple of them in Medicine Hat are fairly tolerable.

I agree on how yucky DQ is. Haven't been there for years, not even for a shake. Wendy's and A&W are probably the best of the lot. I usually make an effort to go to Subway instead if I can help it though. KFC is a twice-a-year thing at best. Taco Time if actually fairly good, and far superior to that Taco Bell crap, and about as non-unhealthy one can hope for.

Anyone ever buy those boxed burgers from the grocery store? The ones at CoOp are supposed to be good, but I've been stung by those guys before on items like that. I won't get the ones at WalMart or Costco because I'm really not in any huge hurry to enjoy the e-coli experience first hand.

I've bought the boxed burgers. They're pretty hit and miss. Although I have to say that for "normal" food-stuffs, PC brand makes some pretty good stuff at a reasonable price. Their burgers when you can find them are pretty decent.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:08 pm

Won't mention the name cuz the old lady works for them, but those "Welfare Family" Brand burgers all taste like shit. No matter what kind.
The Co-op bison burgers we tried were decent.

Grew up in Burnaby with an A&Rubberchew across from every high school back when there were no McDonlads. Still prefer a teenburger over anything else.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:23 pm

herbie wrote:
Won't mention the name cuz the old lady works for them, but those "Welfare Family" Brand burgers all taste like shit. No matter what kind.

Grew up in Burnaby with an A&Rubberchew across from every high school back when there were no McDonlads. Still prefer a teenburger over anything else.

Burnaby South?? The A&W on Kingsway is still there!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:37 pm

herbie wrote:

I wouldn't exactly call PC a "Welfare Family" brand. The PC products I buy are good quality at a good price.
Example; I only buy PC brand ketchup anymore. Why? Because it's exactly like Heinz used to be when it was still in the glass bottles. Heinz is just watered down shit now. The PC brand ketchup is thick with nice flavour with the added bonus of being around $1 less than Heinz.
Same with their ice cream. Every bit as good, and possibly better than the so-called "premium" brands, without the ridiculous price associated with the "premium" name tag.
And as much as I grew to detest hot dogs, they have an angus dog that is friggin' tasty.
I'm not so much into their bistro type crap like sliders with pear on 'em PDT_Armataz_01_32 but when it comes to "normal" products, ultimately I buy PC brand when I can. Not because it's less expensive, like I said it's an added bonus, but because of the quality.

Except their cola. Their cola sucks monkey ass.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:00 am

PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
herbie wrote:

I wouldn't exactly call PC a "Welfare Family" brand. The PC products I buy are good quality at a good price.
Example; I only buy PC brand ketchup anymore. Why? Because it's exactly like Heinz used to be when it was still in the glass bottles. Heinz is just watered down shit now. The PC brand ketchup is thick with nice flavour with the added bonus of being around $1 less than Heinz.
Same with their ice cream. Every bit as good, and possibly better than the so-called "premium" brands, without the ridiculous price associated with the "premium" name tag.
And as much as I grew to detest hot dogs, they have an angus dog that is friggin' tasty.
I'm not so much into their bistro type crap like sliders with pear on 'em PDT_Armataz_01_32 but when it comes to "normal" products, ultimately I buy PC brand when I can. Not because it's less expensive, like I said it's an added bonus, but because of the quality.

Except their cola. Their cola sucks monkey ass.

We have a couple of PC favorites that we like better than brand names, one is their canned vegetables, especially the wax beans and for some reason I like their diet coke although, I agree that every other pop they make tastes like crap or should I say PC brand salad dressings.

But it's all a crapshoot when you buy PC or Western Family brands, some are great and some are pure crap but the only way you can find out is by experimentation which can get expensive if you try the stuff that tastes like crap. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:17 am

"Welfare Family". Lol. Now with extra sawdust and shredded newspaper!

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:24 am

Haven't had one in years but who would think any different? It's fast food and just like all the others, it's shit compared to home.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:38 am

I've made so many tons of ground beef for supermarkets that I'd never EVER buy ground anything they claimed to be 'beef' in one. I'd get it from my butcher, or buy a sirloin roast and grind it myself.

And those frozen things are pretty hit-and-miss too. (usually a miss)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:10 am

The ONLY decent thing at McD's is the coffee. It certainly tastes better than the brown water Timmies serves.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:52 am

Actually Sheepfuckers had their coffee ranked better than.....Starfuck's.... :? OK OK that isn't saying much.