canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:48 pm

Title: Critics say sticker shock at cannabis prices will push customers back to the black market Social Sharing
Category: Business
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2019-04-07 12:24:41
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:48 pm

Everybody I know who smokes the stuff says they are NEVER going to buy from the gov't if they have a choice which means the touted tax benefits aren't going to be anywhere near as much as they claimed.

But what's interesting is that Trudeau's gov't has started taxing the medical marijuana industry. An act that shows they never considered marijuana a real medicine and were using it's claimed benefits as a gateway to making it's legalization appear more legitimate.

So when you look at the less than honest legalization reasons, the current gov't comes off as nothing more than group of blood sucking disingenuous leaches who, are no better than the ghetto dwelling crack dealers because they operate the same way.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:22 am

A Hillary win would have encouraged the rest of us to have several large drinks. While I�m not wild about Mr Trump I did find Hillary�s losing quite enjoyable.

I have a feeling this bird has been smoking grass and a few other things before The Presidential election and it a lot more fun to blame that on other people.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:10 am

[laughat]

Yea, higher than black market prices - with 2/3 less mould and feces.

$1:
Of the nine samples The Globe tested, one-third of them would not pass the safety standards set out by Health Canada for the regulated medical marijuana industry. Three samples tested positive for bacteria, in numbers that exceeded federal standards, and one of those also tested positive for potentially harmful mould. Six samples would have been deemed safe to consume by the federal government's standards for medical marijuana

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cannabi ... ispensary/

$1:
E Coli was present in 75 per cent of the samples he analysed – an indicator of faecal contamination. And 10 per cent were contaminated with Aspergillus – a dangerous fungus which can cause lung infections, particularly in people with underlying health conditions.

The average amount of faecal bacteria in each gram of resin was 500 times higher than the maximum limit set by the US legislation for marijuana or by the European regulation for fruit and tea, the study revealed.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/scie ... 55181.html

On the plus side, got a bunch of seeds to grow this summer at my local cannibus store. $5 each, autoflowering, feminized. Should work out to about 75 cents per gram, once dried.

And 100% less fecal matter that street drugs!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:16 am

I've not looked into this but I have heard that Texas is looking to de-criminalizing pot. Not the same as legalizing it but it's a first step as many are saying. Me I'm blah about it. It's not something I do or ever really got into. I can see Texas going along the same route as Colorado if we do legalize it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:27 am

stratos stratos:
Me I'm blah about it. It's not something I do or ever really got into.

I wasn't either, until it was legalized. I tried it a long time ago, didn't care for it.

Tried it again after it became legal, and realized it's a lot like wine or whisky. Many different varieties, many different affects. And there aren't the after effects of wine and whisky.

My favourite right now is a strain called 'Temple' that is all CBD, no THC. It doesn't get you high, but makes you feel like you just slipped into a beautiful hot bath. 8)

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:28 am

Legal market in Alberta is doing so badly, that all of my high grade black market sellers have retired.

The guys selling shit for dirt cheap are doing fine, but the vast majority of high grade product is now legal. Illegal markets just don't have the money to compete for the top spots, so every grower that produces top quality is going legal to increase their income by a magnitude.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:49 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
stratos stratos:
Me I'm blah about it. It's not something I do or ever really got into.

I wasn't either, until it was legalized. I tried it a long time ago, didn't care for it.

Tried it again after it became legal, and realized it's a lot like wine or whisky. Many different varieties, many different affects. And there aren't the after effects of wine and whisky.

My favourite right now is a strain called 'Temple' that is all CBD, no THC. It doesn't get you high, but makes you feel like you just slipped into a beautiful hot bath. 8)

Even if legalized here in Texas I still wont be allowed to do to my type of job. No loss IMO. Maybe when I retire out but till then I'm okay with not using.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:01 am

stratos stratos:
Even if legalized here in Texas I still wont be allowed to do to my type of job. No loss IMO. Maybe when I retire out but till then I'm okay with not using.

It's sad that that type of bias still exists. :( Especially with all the medical uses, such as PTSD treatment, that are being explored.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:05 am

It is not sad at all. It is prudent.

There is always someone willing to risk other's lives to hide their personal usage habits. The rules aren't there for the 99% that act like rational humans, the rules are there for the 1% that can't.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:14 am

I think its sad. They'll not care if someone does Stratos' job who has a gambling addiction, or likes to hit hookers. But if they want to smoke a joint and relax at night . . .they are a security risk. [huh]

Use of cannabis or even alcohol isn't a measure of anything other than someone's lazy categorization of risky behaviour. Especially after legalization, when any blackmail threats dissolve.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:24 am

I have a friend who says she will never, ever buy from the gov't.
"You never know what they're putting in it, chemicals, pesticides, fentanyl to get you hooked. At least with my dealer I know where it's coming from."

I didn't argue with her, just put my thumb under my chin so she didn't see my jaw drop. She obviously smokes pot way more than I ever did and really fried her brain.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:28 am

Who says excessive use causes paranoia? :lol:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:33 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I think its sad. They'll not care if someone does Stratos' job who has a gambling addiction, or likes to hit hookers. But if they want to smoke a joint and relax at night . . .they are a security risk. [huh]

Two of these things the employer is not liable for, one of these things is...and you don't get that?

Employers don't give a single shit what you do with your own time, they certainly give a shit about the liabilities you can impart upon them.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:54 am

peck420 peck420:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Two of these things the employer is not liable for, one of these things is...and you don't get that?

Employers don't give a single shit what you do with your own time, they certainly give a shit about the liabilities you can impart upon them.

And what liabilities would smoking weed impart on Stratos employer? He is not an airline pilot. He is not a commercial driver. He works in a prison. Are they checking to see if the guards are drinking alcohol on their off duty time? No they are not. Why should weed be any different?