canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:00 pm

Title: CRTC will rescind �unlimited use' Internet decision � or Ottawa will overturn it
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: Scape
Date: 2011-02-02 20:41:08
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:00 pm

The internet is one of the greatest tools since the computer. Governments would be fools to allow big business to stifle that for excess profit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:29 pm

A good move by our government.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:36 pm

:)

Detroit Red Wings

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:16 pm

Awesome.

Isn't it ironic that the internet, the very thing they are trying to cap and throttle, is the same thing that gets the peoples message heard by our government! ISP's own service they provide is kicking them in their own asses. :rock:

Also, isn't it great to live in Canada, where THESE are some of the issues affecting us? Makes you stop and think how good we have it compared to a lot of other countries.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:21 am

very true Mike.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:35 am

mikewood86 mikewood86:
Awesome.

Isn't it ironic that the internet, the very thing they are trying to cap and throttle, is the same thing that gets the peoples message heard by our government! ISP's own service they provide is kicking them in their own asses. :rock:

Also, isn't it great to live in Canada, where THESE are some of the issues affecting us? Makes you stop and think how good we have it compared to a lot of other countries.

I think too it's commendable that one of the largest ISPs, Shaw, has not tried to stifle it's Global News stations on being critical of this CRTC decision as well. I don't know if it's intentional that they are being 'hands off', but it is good to see nonetheless.

It makes me feel like Shaw was only going to cap and extra bill because everyone else was going to do it.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:57 am

Now if they'd only get off their ass and do something about the cable companies "channel bundling" I'd be thrilled.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:16 am

.........or next they'll go with "delivery" charges like the utility companies.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:37 am

I LOVE this ruling.
If governments want their people to take an interest in politics, and start believing their leaders actually care and are "the same as us" they need to start making these kinds of bold executive decisions that directly help the common voter over the powerful business interests. This sort of thing never happens. They should get a lot of mileage out of it, and hopefully they will learn that taking our side more often will get them elected.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:45 am

Regina Regina:
Now if they'd only get off their ass and do something about the cable companies "channel bundling" I'd be thrilled.

I hate that too...

I can add channels to a bundle but I always have to keep the ratio Canadian to "other" channels.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:55 am

Prof_Chomsky Prof_Chomsky:
I LOVE this ruling.
If governments want their people to take an interest in politics, and start believing their leaders actually care and are "the same as us" they need to start making these kinds of bold executive decisions that directly help the common voter over the powerful business interests. This sort of thing never happens. They should get a lot of mileage out of it, and hopefully they will learn that taking our side more often will get them elected.

R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:35 am

Score 1 for (un)common sense.