Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:33 am

from a business perspective, a person who doesn't pay or has a NSF cheque is a 'non ideal situation' I am not only left with an unpaid item, but I've lost a customer as long as the item remains unpaid.

I would imagine that anyone that has their name put on a billboard will not resume their business with me. And, their family members probably wont either.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:40 pm

WDHIII WDHIII:

Is it anything like what Brent did?

:lol: :lol:

Sort of.

:lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:41 pm

ASLplease ASLplease:
from a business perspective, a person who doesn't pay or has a NSF cheque is a 'non ideal situation' I am not only left with an unpaid item, but I've lost a customer as long as the item remains unpaid.

I would imagine that anyone that has their name put on a billboard will not resume their business with me. And, their family members probably wont either.

True, but after a few attempts to get them to pay their bill would you want them as customers?

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:19 pm

Great!! Keep up the good work.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:24 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
A dozen thefts in 2.5 years is what drove them to do this? Unless they are selling diamonds or gold buillion, what are they losing that a dozen thefts in more than 2 years is affecting them so badly? I've worked in stores where theft was a near daily occurrence, not a rarity as it is for these shops. And I'm not saying that that is okay, just noting it's a rather low level of shoplifting (most stores take theft into account when they set prices).

It's practically useless IMHO. Does anyone think some hopped up crackhead looking to steal something to sell to get his/her next fix will give a damn about their photo being displayed? Not likely. I applaud their attempt to deter shoplifters, but this is a waste of time. RFID tags, security scanners and plain clothes security are more effective at stopping shoplifting than this will be.

I see this done most often at liquor stores. The security is low (no anti theft tags), the staff minimal (one, maybe two people), and the margins thin. Someone makes off with a couple bottles of expensive stuff, and you might get hit hard.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:01 pm

SprCForr SprCForr:
ASLplease ASLplease:

True, but after a few attempts to get them to pay their bill would you want them as customers?

lol good point. definitely cash only customer

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:46 pm

I think a bit of public humiliation for criminals is a good thing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:50 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:

I know that in Manitoba they used to release pictures of any prisoner released who had been convicted of a sex crime. In Ontario, that would violate the scumbags rights. :roll: So much for keeping our children protected.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:52 pm

No, a lot of Police Services in Ontario are now putting up pictures of convicted diddlers around the area the wankers are living in on release. It's public domain stuff.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:55 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
No, a lot of Police Services in Ontario are now putting up pictures of convicted diddlers around the area the wankers are living in on release. It's public domain stuff.

Been in Ontario since 2002 and never seen one picture released here in Kingston. (Of all places) 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:57 pm

It's up to the individual Services. In my area we like to be proactive on these things. The public seem to like it too....!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:28 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:

Public flogging is a good thing, too. :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:14 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:

Public flogging is a good thing, too. :twisted:

What ever happened to dragging them out of town tied behind a horse? :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:31 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:

will the store manager be wainting until there is a confirmed convict or will he be bypassing due process?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:18 am

The store owner KNOWS who he or she caught stealing from them.

Besides, they ain't bound by due process. They are private businesses. They can stick pictures of whoever they want on the walls.