Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:53 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
I heard that some military guys are switching over to precision rifles chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor in preference to the .308 due to he better ballistics but don't know if this is factual.

IMHO the Creedmore will end up taking over for the .308 because with the lower recoil it's easier for new shooters to develop their skills. Also less wear and tear on the fancy-fancy optics that are being deployed these days.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:33 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
The good news with Trump is that the old M40's are going to be released to the Civilian Marksmanship Program instead of being destroyed. Meaning you might get a good deal on one when you're down our way. :wink:

Hmmm. I may need to look at what needs to be done to import one of those.. :D

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:40 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:

BTW, the Ross Rifle, bane of the infantry in the Ypres Salient early in the war was the weapon of choice for all of the top snipers throughout the war. Great weapon. Wrong weapon for troopers in in battle.

It would seem the Ross rifle had some of the same problems the US had with the AR-15/ M16’s when they first introduced them in Vietnam back in the early '60s! Quite a few of these problems were traced back to the use of the wrong ammunition.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:16 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
The good news with Trump is that the old M40's are going to be released to the Civilian Marksmanship Program instead of being destroyed. Meaning you might get a good deal on one when you're down our way. :wink:

R=UP

Wonder if any will make their way into Canada?

I'd like to think, but the RCMP will probably arbitrarily ban them for being scary looking, even though they are basically a Remington 700.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:31 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Sounds to me like your natives are extorting the government for a payoff in return for not opposing redevelopment of the property.

It's not the first time they've acted like one of the Five Families.