canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:48 am

Title: Deal reached to buy Hudson rail line, only land link to Churchill, Man.
Category: Business
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2018-08-31 22:58:00
Canadian

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:48 am

So happy for the folks in Churchill. To those that stayed the course enduring high prices on every single commodity that had to be either flown or barged in, I salute you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:15 am

Finally a bit of good news. With the purchase of the line by the federal town consortium and the projected upgrades the port of Churchill can now get into the oil shipping business which would be a big boon to it's prosperity.

When Omintrax owned it they didn't do proper upkeep and after 63 accidents on their line in a 9 year span with all but 10 being derailments there was no doubt nobody was going to allow them to ship oil but with a repaired line and the federal gov't involved there's a good chance it finally goes through.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/na ... e14431914/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:21 pm

OMG enough with the desperation! You don't own a goddam oil company and neither does anyone who contributes to this board.
Hoping to ship oil BY RAIL, through the ARCTIC to a port only open part of the year? Jeez even Christy Clark wouldn't have tried to sell that dream.
Do you think maybe only lower mainland BC native bands can raise a shitstorm?

Just fix the fucking thing so people, supplies and grain can get moving again. This whole thing turned into an even bigger snafu than the BC Rail sale.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:57 pm

herbie herbie:
OMG enough with the desperation! You don't own a goddam oil company and neither does anyone who contributes to this board.
Hoping to ship oil BY RAIL, through the ARCTIC to a port only open part of the year? Jeez even Christy Clark wouldn't have tried to sell that dream.
Do you think maybe only lower mainland BC native bands can raise a shitstorm?

Just fix the fucking thing so people, supplies and grain can get moving again. This whole thing turned into an even bigger snafu than the BC Rail sale.

The only desperate person here is you. Now that there's a very good chance the shipping of oil to Churchill will proceed you're front and center again to make assertions that nobody, not even the former Premier of BC would have ever thought or would consider doing something as stupid as shipping it by rail.

I'm beginning to think you're terrified of oil being shipped period because you and you anti oil friends can't protest the building of something that already exists which makes it all the more difficult to shut down. And think about it. If they're shipping millions of litres of oil a year by rail to Vancouver and eastern Canada I'm sure if the rail line is fixed they'll start moving it to Churchill whether you agree or not.

So do me a favour and try reading these before you go off half cocked because people alot more cognizant about the oil business than you or I have been talking about using the port for years now.

https://www.thereminder.ca/news/local-n ... -1.1544779

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/alberta ... -1.3567043

https://www.pipelinenews.ca/opinion/col ... -1.2341539

As for the Natives. How about this. The Trans Mountain Pipeline wasn't quashed because the natives wanted it quashed, it was quashed because proper consultation wasn't carried out with some coastal bands. So, for oil to be shipped through Churchill all the Gov't, Province and town have to do is go through a proper consultation process with the affected bands and my guess is they'll come onboard when they see the financial windfall they can get from the rail network or the inevitable pipeline, just like all the Natives along the Trans Mountain route.

As for the other bands who aren't affected, they can scream all they want but they have no legal right to stop projects not on their land.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Oh for God's sakes why don't you like FACTS?
There's no likelihood of shipping oil from there the whole fucking country'd be up in arms at the idea.
And on a rickety rail line yet.
What's next, counter KM by using the old BC Rail line around Anderson Lake?

A huge number of people are upset as it is using the most sensible KM option, new oil ventures in virgin areas simply won't be tolerated.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:19 pm

herbie herbie:
There's no likelihood of shipping oil from there the whole fucking country'd be up in arms at the idea.

A huge number of people are upset as it is using the most sensible KM option, new oil ventures in virgin areas simply won't be tolerated.

I offer you articles to refute your claims and all you ever post is what you claim the people of Canada are thinking and what they want.

So could you please show me your FACTS and not just opinions and ravings by anti oil advocates.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:38 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
herbie herbie:

I offer you articles to refute your claims and all you ever post is what you claim the people of Canada are thinking and what they want.

So could you please show me your FACTS and not just opinions and ravings by anti oil advocates.

Herbie is just an angry old man who thinks if he yells louder than everyone it makes him correct. He, and some others, are the main reason I don't engage on this forum very often.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:25 pm

Oh get fucking real.
I'm not anti-oil you morons, told you many times I worked in a refinery, grew up beside KM and support the expansion as the least ecologically damaging of all the proposed options.
You goobers seem to think Canadians are so economically poor an desperate they'll support anything at all with bullshit promises of jobs OVER the environment, you're believing your own bullshit.
You're also posting OPINION on what could be possible under ideal conditions as if they should be furthered under existing conditions.
And don't bother to post more on this forum if it bothers you others don't agree. There's plenty of other forums that are nothing but circle jerks, some of us won't let this one become another.