canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:04 am

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=22295" target="_blank">'Degrading' B.C. murals removed</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/14-misc-cdn" target="_blank">Misc CDN</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Hyack" target="_blank">Hyack</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-06-25 08:58:45
<strong>Canadian</strong>

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:04 am

Fucking whiners

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:27 pm

This is ridiculous.

These murals depict a part of the rich history of the Province of British Columbia, though perhaps not always one of gumdrops and lollipops. I am disappointed in the Government of British Columbia and, in particular, The Honourable Gordon Campbell M.L.A. (Vancouver—Point Grey), the Premier of British Columbia, for having surrendered yet another piece of Canadian history for the sake of being politically correct. Maybe they should just get right to the point and bulldoze the assembly buildings in Victoria.

:roll:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:35 pm

Oh come ON!

You know what, I'm just oging to say it. As a Liberal...

FUCK POLITICAL CORRECTNESS! IT"S A RESTRICTION ON FREE SPEECH! THIS SHIT IS NOT OFFENCIVE!

What's more fucking annoying is that two fucking Texans changed something in my country.

The urge to fucking scream something about Americans trying to make every country like their goddamned own is almost too great.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:01 am

What...a...crock...of...shit!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:25 am

"Trahan said in Texas and throughout the U.S., paintings or murals of African Americans as slaves would be taken down because the history is still too fresh for many."

Yes, I'm sure Grand Chief Edward John wakes up in cold sweats over the stories from Fort Victoria in 1843 being so fresh in his mind.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:35 am

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Oh come ON!

FUCK POLITICAL CORRECTNESS! IT"S A RESTRICTION ON FREE SPEECH! THIS SHIT IS NOT OFFENCIVE!

What's more fucking annoying is that two fucking Texans changed something in my country.

The urge to fucking scream something about Americans trying to make every country like their goddamned own is almost too great.
Say fuck some more why don't you. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:39 am

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Two fucking Texans didn't change anything - if you actually read the fucking article, they didn't have any trouble with it until they examined it more fucking closely. They just fucking happened to be around when the reporter was working on the fucking story.

It's the fucking locals that have the problem.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:40 am

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Two fucking Texans didn't change anything - if you actually read the fucking article, they didn't have any trouble with it until they examined it more fucking closely. They just fucking happened to be around when the reporter was working on the fucking story.

ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:44 am

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

Fuuhuuuuck!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:19 am

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Oh come ON!

Well said. R=UP

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:37 am

Yes of course the Indians never slaved each other. :roll:

Also I find this degrading because it depicts a women's breasts therefore it should be taken down. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:50 am

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

Still I do have a problem with a couple texans makeing comments like they did. Slavery still fresh in ppl's minds? Whos mind, it's been over 140 years sense slavery here in the US. please show me someone who remembers being or owning a slave. They just wanted to show how politicaly correct they were. I'm willing to bet they were liberals and wanted to enlighten the reporter on how to think and see things.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:53 am

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
Yes of course the Indians never slaved each other. :roll:

Also I find this degrading because it depicts a women's breasts therefore it should be taken down. :P

I find removing it to be insulting to the traditions of the First Nations. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:59 am

a. it wasn't texas
b. they weren't slaves (but B_C may come up with a fairy tale)
c. Canada has no tradiion of slavery remotely similar to the US. It was outlawed in 1820 (I believe) throughout the British Empire.

You're not even allowed to take pictures of native artifacts or reconstuctions of said artifacts, at the Royal BC museum.