bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:47 am

Cancel Culture is just the latest bullshit concept used to distract people from actual issues, neither real nor exclusive to any ideology.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:50 am

herbie herbie:
Cancel Culture is just the latest bullshit concept used to distract people from actual issues, neither real nor exclusive to any ideology.

And that's just you saying, once more, "nothing to see here, move along, pay no attention to the man behind the screen."

Getting old,man.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:52 am

And if it's not identifiable to the left why is it you guys on the left trying so frantically to support it?

Even, 'Don't believe your lying eyes' is supporting it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:59 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Yes, IMDB is fickle but the point remains factual. Cancel Culture failed at making Gina Carano a pariah but the attack on her was still Cancel Culture and not simply criticism.

It was a specific mob of a known division of Cancel Creeps that habitually call for the deplatforming of specific people calling for the cancellation of somebody to the wokesters in the Kennedy faction of Disney and getting a result.

You right. She made herself a pariah, not the left by comparing being conservative today to being Jewish during the Holocaust. A totally acceptable comparison in a town full of Jews. Someone should have reminded her Ol' Walt isn't around anymore and that kind of shit doesn't fly anymore at the Haus of Mouse.

And her "comparison" doesn't hold much water to begin with. Clint Eastwood still makes movies and he's a Republican. Same with Vince Vaughn. Kelsey Grammar is getting Frasier rebooted so obviously he's being unfairly persecuted too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:53 pm

A story this brave hasn't been seen since World War Two :lol:

And a Republican candidate for Congress actually said this, although he forgot to tweet that they'll have to pry his Cara Dune love-pillow from his cold dead hands:

And all these people somehow graduated from an American high school.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:06 pm

I’m surprised they’re making Mr. potato head out to be some kind of conservative martyr considering all the weird things that have been in his ass over the years.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:10 pm

Had to use a real potato with my Mr. Potato Head.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:11 pm

Doesn't that qualify him?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:33 pm

As all the parts for both Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head were completely interchangeable doesn't that make them the original pop-culture trannies? Or, at a minimum, a couple of cross-dressers marketed by devious cultural-Marxists to children? 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:58 am

xerxes xerxes:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Yes, IMDB is fickle but the point remains factual. Cancel Culture failed at making Gina Carano a pariah but the attack on her was still Cancel Culture and not simply criticism.

It was a specific mob of a known division of Cancel Creeps that habitually call for the deplatforming of specific people calling for the cancellation of somebody to the wokesters in the Kennedy faction of Disney and getting a result.

You right. She made herself a pariah, not the left by comparing being conservative today to being Jewish during the Holocaust. A totally acceptable comparison in a town full of Jews. Someone should have reminded her Ol' Walt isn't around anymore and that kind of shit doesn't fly anymore at the Haus of Mouse.

And her "comparison" doesn't hold much water to begin with. Clint Eastwood still makes movies and he's a Republican. Same with Vince Vaughn. Kelsey Grammar is getting Frasier rebooted so obviously he's being unfairly persecuted too.

Tim Allen has had a TV show for like 9 seasons or something where he basically plays a character with his own republican views.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:34 am

raydan raydan:
Had to use a real potato with my Mr. Potato Head.

In tribute to his passing, I will make a Mr. Potatohead Salad.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:31 pm

xerxes xerxes:

Gina Carano is not a pariah. Kathleen Kennedy might might have made herself pariah to Star Wars fans but Gina Carano is about 10 times more widely known and even better liked as a result of all this.

And you're making too much of thinking cancel culture is only about Conservatives versus the Corporate left.It's true it plays out that way most often but that's been changing - the Cancel Cretins will attack their own now. In fact, Gina Carano hadn't even come out as a Conservative until after the tiny minority of Cancellers (that most likely don't even watch The Mandalorian) and the Kennedy faction of Disney attacked.

And it's avoiding context to say she simply compared conservatives to Hitler. Her observation was wider in context. She noted that when people are encouraged to attack their neighbours larger, even worse consequences can grow out of it.

She uses the Nazis as an historical example because it's one of the best known ones. It's not the only one. Far from it. Off the top of my head, ISIS and the Soviets would encourage 'attack thy neighbor,' as well. I'm sure there are many more examples but I shouldn't even have to tell you this. It's not like it's a secret.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:53 pm

Oh and in case you're thinking I just pulled the idea out my butt that it's Kathleen Kennedy becoming the pariah out of the Gina Carano fiasco check out what happened when she tried to put her face out as one of the "Academy" with the Oscars coming.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:59 pm

When I visited Jeremy's youtube channel looking for that one I saw another one that supported something else I said here.

There is a kind of counter-cancel-cancel-culture movement developing.

It doesn't have to be active as in the example above. But just ignoring them or refusing to 'take the knee' to 'the Woke' takes their power away.

Like what Red Bull just did:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:28 pm

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  Next